Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
listerine28

4 Rm Flat In Clementi

Yeah, i think its a raelly rare unit. ALthough initially thought the slanted walls are quite odd, now I kinda feel that its a feature of the house.

WRT the storeroom, we have decided to remove it to have a bigger bedroom. To replace the storage space that is lost, we will be building full height cabinets in the living room and kitchen as indicated. I wish to keep the house really clean and not keep too much junk which might happen if I have a storeroom.

I agree with strikingreality. Storeroom very important leh. Which means you have to build in a lot of storage spaces, and be very organised, and cannot hoard things. Like me, I want also don't have.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

My draft layout of furniture below:

Floor-Plan-w-furniture.jpg

Seems like from your maindoor can see peep into your house and see what you are watching on TV. Are you the sort who keeps your main door open all the time? If yes, would it be an issue? Can consider moving the TV to the opposite wall.. although a bit slanted.. but can mount the tv on a rotating console.

Sometimes arranging furniture in the house can be rather challenging particular if the room is odd shape. For me, I go for regular shape layout.... Hee hee

@ejszaka my place is a door to door unit so not much people walking ard to peep into my place or watch tv with me la.

@potatoes yeah. Agree that regular shaped houses are easier to lay out. But odd shape gives a little more flavor I guess.

@simontsh layout is more or less fix. But I'm open to make minor tweaks here n there. U have any suggestions?

Have already selected the tiles for the kitchen, toilets and living room. The bedrooms will be in laminate.

1. Grey tiles for the kitchen - wanted to have cement screed for the floor but was advise not to due to hairline cracks that are inevitable. Also, cement screed floors tend to be very slippery when its damp or wet.

Very nice! But actually there are also tiles and laminates that look like cement screed... so you could still have the look of cement screed without the bother or fuss. See pic below of an example of a kitchen with faux cement screed floors and walls. :)

d3bca853.jpg

Went to check out on the progress of my reno last night. Almost all floor and wall tiles are gone except the bathrooms and part of the kitchen. Everything seems to be going well.

hacking-day-2.jpg

The wall at the kitchen entrance has also been removed (The wall highlighted in yellow in the floor plan below has been removed). Now the kitchen entrance is huge and gives a visual feel that the living rm has been enlarged as well.

The storeroom walls are also removed (as highlighted in red). Noticed that the contractor has also removed an additional wall at the storeroom (highlighted in blue) and he clarified that the wall has already cracked at the top portion and its safer to remove and rebuild. Hopefully I don't have to bear the additional cost for this. :(

Floor-Plan_walls-removed.jpg

IMG_2685.png

Plastering of walls and laying of the floor/wall tiles next!

Edited by mitchteo

Went to check out on the progress of my reno last night. Almost all floor and wall tiles are gone except the bathrooms and part of the kitchen. Everything seems to be going well.

hacking-day-2.jpg

The wall at the kitchen entrance has also been removed (The wall highlighted in yellow in the floor plan below has been removed). Now the kitchen entrance is huge and gives a visual feel that the living rm has been enlarged as well.

The storeroom walls are also removed (as highlighted in red). Noticed that the contractor has also removed an additional wall at the storeroom (highlighted in blue) and he clarified that the wall has already cracked at the top portion and its safer to remove and rebuild. Hopefully I don't have to bear the additional cost for this. :(

Floor-Plan_walls-removed.jpg

IMG_2685.png

Plastering of walls and laying of the floor/wall tiles next!

Very nice enlargement. Your place will definitely look much more spacious.

Read your blog with great interest because of the rare layout you have.

Wifey and I looked at your floorplan and tried to think of how we'd have done it, one idea we had was to tile the opened up dining area using the living room tiles. This is to separate the kitchen area from the dining and make the living area look larger..

Food for thought! Haha.. :sport-smiley-004:

Read your blog with great interest because of the rare layout you have.

Wifey and I looked at your floorplan and tried to think of how we'd have done it, one idea we had was to tile the opened up dining area using the living room tiles. This is to separate the kitchen area from the dining and make the living area look larger..

Food for thought! Haha.. :sport-smiley-004:

Thanks for the idea and thats exactly what I did!