Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
PublicLife

Hdb Floorplans: The Best (And Worst) Layouts In Public Housing

Now, most 3-room HDB flats that people know of tend to be of this variety (where the only major differences are really in the position of the storeroom and the orientation of the front door):

floorplanup.jpg

Courtesy of My Little Home at Tampines

or

5750856144_e4b3ce6e96.jpg

Courtesy of Our First Min-I-Home

However, HDB has tried to get creative over the years and there are quite a number of alternative 3-room flat layouts as well:

Some obviously are intended to limit proper ventilation in your toilet... :rolleyes:

3R3.jpg

while others are refreshingly squarish.

07198150005a.jpg

Courtesy of Our 3rm Resale Flat @ Redhill Close

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thanks for starting this thread PublicLife! Love going thru the various floorplans you've shared so far.

Would love to see those Sin Ming or Hougang HDB with lofts, and the Ang Mo Kio round block if you have those floorplans. :)

Here's a Bishan maisonette. I believe it's the penthouse of the point blocks, i.e. 1 floor above the ones with open terrace but I'm not sure.

corner-bishan.jpg

Edited by adidaem

Thanks for starting this thread PublicLife! Love going thru the various floorplans you've shared so far.

Would love to see those Sin Ming or Hougang HDB with lofts, and the Ang Mo Kio round block if you have those floorplans. :)

Here's a Bishan maisonette. I believe it's the penthouse of the point blocks, i.e. 1 floor above the ones with open terrace but I'm not sure.

corner-bishan.jpg

You're welcome! :D

I'm still searching for the HDB loft floorplans myself... :P And thanks for the contribution for this truly unique point-block EM!

P.S. Really love what you've done with your place BTW. :good:

One thing that a lot of people fail to realise in Singapore is that it wasn't just the HDB (and HUDC) who built flats in the past. Lots of government and quasi-government agencies did it. Even JTC built flats!

Here's one in Boon Lay:

3R5.jpg

Not 100% sure if this is from the Ang Mo Kio round block, but it must be from some round block somewhere in Singapore:

5I5.jpg

Frankly, I'm not too sure that I'd enjoy living in a flat shaped like a slice of pizza, not matter how 'unique' it was or how great a view it had. ;)

In addition to the squarish EMs that most people are familiar, there are also some rare ones in Bt Batok with the stairs that are along the side of the unit rather than in a U shape in the centre.

No floor plan, but here are some pictures...

There are ones like that in Potong Pasir too. Rare and remarkable! :yamseng:

Not 100% sure if this is from the Ang Mo Kio round block, but it must be from some round block somewhere in Singapore:

5I5.jpg

Frankly, I'm not too sure that I'd enjoy living in a flat shaped like a slice of pizza, not matter how 'unique' it was or how great a view it had. ;)

I think there will be quite a lot of wasted space.

Space planning will not be easy too.

Wondering how a nice renovation of such a unit will look like though.

Well done Publiclife! U have created a niche (and interesting) thread. I'm a fan. U could consider coming out a book about HDB floorplans and their story behind the design. The Good The Bad and The Fugly...

For the "slice of pizza" floor plan, theres a round block between Chinese Garden and Jurong East. Can be seen while taking MRT. Suspect thats the one.

Anyway have fun! Cheers!