Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kenjo

Of Grey, White And Neutral

It is currently similar to the study on the top left. However, for our new place, we did not do up the study room. We are still discussing if we want to build in or not.

Just curious, how does your present study area look like?

Edited by kenjo

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

After the hacking of the kitchen and bedroom walls, the next step is to do tiling and cement screed so that our parquet can be laid.

As ours is a new flat, we managed to get the cement screed to be done FOC. That saves us some $$ to channel it elsewhere into the reno. Am very glad that the HDB contractor did a good job and thanks to our contractor for overseeing the process.

CementScreed.png

With the cement screed done, our parquet are also laid.

P5193314.jpg

As you can see from the picture above, the tiled flooring and the parquet flooring now formed two passageways to the toilets and the bedrooms. Reminds me of the exodus... where Moses parted the Red Sea so that the Israelites could escape from the Pharaoh.

Edited by kenjo

As mentioned in some posts back, our home design is something radical.

Instead of the usual galley kitchen, ours is a L-shaped open concept kitchen, with the sink counter parallel to the bomb shelter wall where the dining area was originally suppose to be.

KITCHEN

KitchenInProgress.png

Our wardrobe and storage cabinets are built in a row outside of the bedrooms, parallel to the bomb shelter and two toilets. It will also act as the "wall" for the two main bedrooms i.e. MBR & Baby's room and the divider between the two walkways.

WARDROBE & STORAGE CABINET

WardrobeInProgress.png

Even though the bedroom spaces became smaller, especially for the bedroom nearest to the living area, we love the amount of storage spaces we now own.

Edited by kenjo

Nice reno :thumbs up: Like your color scheme & design with pocket doors. Can share ur contractor contact with me? I m searching for a good contractor. Is ur contractor price reasonable/cheap? I assume their workmanship shld be quite gd since is recommended by your ur uncle. :D

Hi Helen, thanks for your comment! I can share my contractor contact with you. I am not sure what kind of price is cheap but with the amount of work done, we find it quite reasonable. Workmanship is average but I must say that my contractor is a nice, obliging and humble man. So far so good... not much problems to rectify.

Nice reno :thumbs up: Like your color scheme & design with pocket doors. Can share ur contractor contact with me? I m searching for a good contractor. Is ur contractor price reasonable/cheap? I assume their workmanship shld be quite gd since is recommended by your ur uncle. :D

Edited by kenjo

Since adidaem mentioned about our pocket doors, let me talk a little about them.

The inital plan was to have pocket doors between the MBR and baby's room, the MBR toilet and the study room. That would be 3 pocket doors altogether.

"What about the common toilet?", you might ask.

Well, we had wanted to paint the door of the common toilet white to match with the rest of the flushed exterior. However, we had a change of heart after seeing the pocket door on our MBR toilet. After a discussion that went on for about 3 days, we decided to change the common toilet door to a pocket door for the complete look and to maximise the space within the toilet itself. The door provided by HDB is too big!!

Thus, we ended up with 4 pocket doors and $1k+ poorer. Here's a little preview of our doors.

PocketDoors.png

~ Top left :- Pocket door that is between our MBR and baby's room.

~ Bottom left :- Toilet

~ Right :- Study Room

Today's feature will be on our long wardrobe cum storage space.

What we really like about it is that there are configurations of all kinds within that one row, catered for things of different purposes, from CDs / DVDs to kitchenware to books to clothes.

Initially, there was even some spaces to hang my bags, one for each side of the wardrobe. But after thinking through, I decided not have it as I do not have that many leather handbags to display. In fact, I don't think I even own one! :o

With that amount of space available. we are not worried that we do not have enough space for storage.

As a matter of fact, we have ALOT of room for storage, not to mention that we still have a bomb shelter area to play with.

Some parts, especially for the wardrobes, are made accessible from both sides. That reminds me of the wardrobe that Susan and Edmund walked into in the movie 'Chronicles Of Narnia'. :wub: that show!

Our 3-month-old can play 'hide-and-seek' with us in the future when she starts to walk. :good:

WARDROBE CONFIGURATION

WardrobeConfiguration1.png

Edited by kenjo

Hi, you have a nice colour theme which I like too.

Your parquet floor doesn't look too dark (the colour that I like). Is there a name or colour code for this wood?

may I know which wood supplier do you buy from? Can recommend me the contractor for the parquet floor? May I know the price per sq foot? (Paiseh so many qns)

Can PM me too. Thanks! :)

Hi momiji, our parquet is Indonesia Teak Timber. Our contractor was the one who bought it and laid it. We spent $5800 for a total area of 615 sq ft. Not sure how much per sq ft as labour cost was inclusive. Will PM u his contact.

Hi, you have a nice colour theme which I like too.

Your parquet floor doesn't look too dark (the colour that I like). Is there a name or colour code for this wood?

may I know which wood supplier do you buy from? Can recommend me the contractor for the parquet floor? May I know the price per sq foot? (Paiseh so many qns)

Can PM me too. Thanks! :)

Edited by kenjo

Hi momiji, our parquet is Indonesia Teak Timber. Our contractor was the one who bought it and laid it. We spent $5800 for a total area of 615 sq ft. Not sure how much per sq ft as labour cost was inclusive. Will PM u his contact.

Thank you and appreciate your prompt reply! :)