Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dcool

My I-Pad

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

R u very masculine? I fell in love...wif yr HSE la! Grey is such a cool subtle colour! I am using lots of it in my HSE too! I find that it looks better than black!

I am also using concealed door hinge! Not many people knows hw to install though...

Hi,

May I know how you run the aircon piping to the audio video room? from what i see from the floor plan drainage is a problem.

Haha.. sharp eyes, if you look at the floor plan which i pasted above you will notice that its going to be a problem. And i knew it from the start, so i had no choice but to install a water pump inside that room. The aircon blower in the room is mounted above the new doorway created, and the living room aircon blower is mounted above the same door way but facing the living room, i wanted this because i wanted to keep the trunking of the living room blower out-of-sight, so by adopting a back to back mounting, the living room blower trucking are joined behind the wall with the room trunking. So in other words if your look at the living room blower you will not see any trucking coming out of it. And the water pump is pumping away condensate water from both the room blower and the living room blower.

Its a no-other-option layout plan, because i dont want to be tearing up truckings later...

R u very masculine? I fell in love...wif yr HSE la! Grey is such a cool subtle colour! I am using lots of it in my HSE too! I find that it looks better than black!

I am also using concealed door hinge! Not many people knows hw to install though...

Masculine .... mmm... i dont think so lah... but i am definitely no pussy willow.. Hahaha.. Just kiddin', i am just your average Joe on the street.

Yeah. Thanks, i always like basic colours and back-to-basic designs, and coming from a engineering background, certain things has to be practical and functional as well. So that was my concept for my place.

There some small little unusual builds which i DIYed for the place. Will show as i go along. Been super busy with work and too tired to upload photos.. will try to do it this weekend.

Thanks everyone, actually the place is 90% done up. Been spending my weeknight and weekends fitting and assembling stuff, progress is kinda slow because i am doing everything myself.

Hopefully by this Sunday i take show you guys photos of the final product.

Such a cool and nice place you have there, dcool. It is always a great advantage when you can DIY - hehe, it is a gift! I like the ways you engineered many hidden things. :bow:

Hi here is my boy. His name is Bubbly. He is now abt 4 years old, i had him for more than 3 years when i adopted him when he was just ard 5 to 6 mths old. He loves going for walks and sleeping on my bed when i am not at home. :rolleyes:

He is my bundle of joy haha..

2009_021720080290.jpg

What a lovely boy !! :sport-smiley-004::yamseng:

Hi Everyone,

Here is a blog for the journey of mine on finding the home for me and my dog. After viewing several units in the west, i finally decided on this high floor unit in Teban Gardens.

Floorplan.jpg

Envy your lay-out :good:

Hi is that olive green color for the masterbedroom? May I have the brand and colour code of the paint used? its nice.

Hi, let me get the colour code from my ID and i will let you know.

Haha.. sharp eyes, if you look at the floor plan which i pasted above you will notice that its going to be a problem. And i knew it from the start, so i had no choice but to install a water pump inside that room. The aircon blower in the room is mounted above the new doorway created, and the living room aircon blower is mounted above the same door way but facing the living room, i wanted this because i wanted to keep the trunking of the living room blower out-of-sight, so by adopting a back to back mounting, the living room blower trucking are joined behind the wall with the room trunking. So in other words if your look at the living room blower you will not see any trucking coming out of it. And the water pump is pumping away condensate water from both the room blower and the living room blower.

Its a no-other-option layout plan, because i dont want to be tearing up truckings later...

I see.. So all the gas pipe and drainage pipe runs into the false ceiling? Does the water pump create any annoying noise once awhile when activating?

Ok... Pictures finally..

Set top box, blu ray player and Lenovo nettop connected to living room tv. Wiring is still a mess.

DSC00869.jpg

Main power cables and wiring are hidden in the upper portion of the box

DSC00866.jpg

Devices are held down in place using rubberized U-bands.

DSC00868.jpg

One of my customzied DIY, instead of opting for the usual sliding glass door for the kitchen, i decided to use a heavy drape curtain which is special customized with 2 sides. Normal cotton material on the outside and polyester on the inside which is easily detachable as it held together using velcro so making it easier to clean the polyester sheet. The reason for this is because if i use a sliding door, the width of the doorway is restricted to the width of the door. Meaning a smaller doorway width. The curtain can me hidden inside a tall unit when not in used.

DSC00874-1.jpg

Fully drawn, it will keep the harsh white light in the kitchen out from the warm lights in the dinning area and living room.

DSC00876-1.jpg

Dinning Table

DSC00892.jpg

Setting up the PC in the tv

DSC00900.jpg

Youtube on the tube

DSC00903.jpg

Full motion wall bracket to allow me to swing the tv to either the dinning area or my lazy area

DSC00909.jpg

My living room music tower from Philips

DSC00912.jpg