Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
matrox

Our Pigeon Hole

FloorPlan.jpg

Finally a place of our own... Just gotten the keys and I am thinking if we should do the following :-

1) hack the wall (red crossed area) between MBR and common room for wardrobe

2) hack the wall below louvre window (highlighted in green) and bifold door (highlighted in yellow) in the kitchen for bigger space and probably an island?? Never had this in mind until the spur of the moment... Is it practical or feasible? Can the louvre window be hack?

3) install sliding window or open window at the service yard (highlighted in blue)

Comments and opinion appreciated...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

FloorPlan.jpg

Finally a place of our own... Just gotten the keys and I am thinking if we should do the following :-

1) hack the wall (red crossed area) between MBR and common room for wardrobe

2) hack the wall below louvre window (highlighted in green) and bifold door (highlighted in yellow) in the kitchen for bigger space and probably an island?? Never had this in mind until the spur of the moment... Is it practical or feasible? Can the louvre window be hack?

3) install sliding window or open window at the service yard (highlighted in blue)

Comments and opinion appreciated...

Hihi matrox, is ur new place @ Kim Tian :unsure:

Mango13

Are we neighbors?

Yup but mine is @ 127D :P

BTW forgot to congratulate that you have collected your key :yeah:

Mine will only available in Dec :(

Have you found a ID or Contractor to reno your new place :unsure:

May I go to your place to take a look on the exact layout? TIA :D

Your method of mbr wardrobe is similar to what my contractor is doing for one of their units. To save space, they hacked the wall and build a wardrobe in the place of the wall, taking up some space in the common room.

If you do cook, you can consider extending the kitchen up to the bedrooms' passage way by building a half height glass wall? This can also be done for the study room.

The HDB layout looks very nicely planned. I suppose your place is super bright and airy with so many windows!

Yup but mine is @ 127D :P

BTW forgot to congratulate that you have collected your key :yeah:

Mine will only available in Dec :(

Have you found a ID or Contractor to reno your new place :unsure:

May I go to your place to take a look on the exact layout? TIA :D

Thanks! If our time coincides, you are welcome to come up and have a look. Have not really decided on ID/contractor yet though.... Not in a rush to move in or start reno

Your method of mbr wardrobe is similar to what my contractor is doing for one of their units. To save space, they hacked the wall and build a wardrobe in the place of the wall, taking up some space in the common room.

If you do cook, you can consider extending the kitchen up to the bedrooms' passage way by building a half height glass wall? This can also be done for the study room.

The HDB layout looks very nicely planned. I suppose your place is super bright and airy with so many windows!

Thank you Gnipihz. Yeah I think it's common now to hack walls for more storage space since the houses are getting more compact.

Thank you for your suggestion, we did think of that initially but if we were to extend the kitche, then we would like the dining table to be contained in the kitchen, but if so, it'll be too cramp le. It's always our dream to have a big kitchen space but it would also mean we need to spend more on the renovation. It's really a dilemma and ideas keep coming in and our minds keep changing...

Yes, we have many windows and luckily we cannot change the windows yet else that will eat into our budget. We love the best view windows but of course it comes with a price! We have not sourced for grills and hopefully it would not be a hefty sum.

BTW, did I tell you our initial combination is also black and purple for our home? Exactly what you have for your kitchen. We have not settled down on the contractor thus have not thought about the color/design yet.

Thanks! If our time coincides, you are welcome to come up and have a look. Have not really decided on ID/contractor yet though.... Not in a rush to move in or start reno

Thanks. May I know which level & will you go to ur new place today or tomorrow?

We went to Shanghai Tong Lee on Monday and were told that the discount is only 10% and 20% for purchases above $2000. Is this considered good/better than other Blum dealer? Anybody has any idea? I read somewhere that some dealers offer 25% but I'm not sure if there is a minimum purchase.

We also drop by one of lighting shops and shortlisted below lightings, however, we are still not very convince on getting them as we have not visited many lighting shops. We wanted to get those lights with shadow effects on the ceiling/wall for foyer and passageway but they have limited choice in this shop. They offered $10.45/T5 of 3ft.... is this a good price?

We wanted a hanging light for the dining area

032.jpg

Black and Purple Theme! hahaha...

Actually,I think my place have only these few colors.... black, white, grey and shades of purple.

What lights are you talking about at $10.45/T5 of 3ft?? I did my entire cove light with 2 colors. 1 ultra bright white and 1 ultra bright warm yellow. Cost me quite a fair bit but the effect is really nice and will be energy saving also. Installation is also cheaper since it's considered as 1 lighting point instead of different lengths of T5 tubes.

Black and Purple Theme! hahaha...

Actually,I think my place have only these few colors.... black, white, grey and shades of purple.

What lights are you talking about at $10.45/T5 of 3ft?? I did my entire cove light with 2 colors. 1 ultra bright white and 1 ultra bright warm yellow. Cost me quite a fair bit but the effect is really nice and will be energy saving also. Installation is also cheaper since it's considered as 1 lighting point instead of different lengths of T5 tubes.

DH suddenly came out with an idea to have a hanging light in front of the mirror for the MBR toilet instead of T5 above and bottomo of the mirror. I light the idea :) but have not found a suitable fixture yet. Regardless, we still need a ceiling light for the toilets?

Lights for toilets

Toilet.gif

Light for kitchen

It's supposed to be day light but lousy shot on Iphone 3GS

040.jpg

Same lighting as above except that it's taken from the website

Kitchen.gif