Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MsChoong

Id Or Contractor

Oohh... Now I get it.

Haha...I thougt I have to contact them one by one!

I did everything myself from square 1 since getting keys.

the best option of course is to get HDB to do it for your as their MO price is always better than you doing it idividually yourself, however since that option is only available for brand new flats...

Works involved and relevant contractors

1 contractor for General works - Tiling / Hacking / Piping for kitchen + toilet stuff / false ceiling

1 contractor for Carpentry - kitchen cabinet + other related wood stuff

1 contractor for painting

Lights/fans and common wall mounted stuff, most of the time, general works contractor will help u install for free. it's easy chicken for them anywayz.

As long as you are willing to communicate with these 3 guys and they work together well, it cuts u the unnecessary cost of hiring an ID.

Most of the time, it's the carpenter that must draw things well to look like what you want or have an idea of as his works is the last to complete also. My carpenter did nice job for me and relatively good price. can share u contact if you want. pm me. cheers!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I did everything myself from square 1 since getting keys.

the best option of course is to get HDB to do it for your as their MO price is always better than you doing it idividually yourself, however since that option is only available for brand new flats...

Works involved and relevant contractors

1 contractor for General works - Tiling / Hacking / Piping for kitchen + toilet stuff / false ceiling

1 contractor for Carpentry - kitchen cabinet + other related wood stuff

1 contractor for painting

Lights/fans and common wall mounted stuff, most of the time, general works contractor will help u install for free. it's easy chicken for them anywayz.

As long as you are willing to communicate with these 3 guys and they work together well, it cuts u the unnecessary cost of hiring an ID.

Most of the time, it's the carpenter that must draw things well to look like what you want or have an idea of as his works is the last to complete also. My carpenter did nice job for me and relatively good price. can share u contact if you want. pm me. cheers!

Thanks for sharing.

Let's say your vanity leaks, who will fix it for you?

Actually, my cousin introduced me a ID firm owner last week. The best thing about is, he only engage one job at a time, which means, he will concentrate fully on your renovation.

Don't mind sharing your contacts?

hi,

i also gotten a 3 room flat and also looking around for Ids/contractor.

in the end after muich sourcing i decided to go with contractor as they are more practical and direct( of course will save $$$$) as well:)

the only cons is that u must decide the color, lightings etc.. as contractor only follow orders and IDs will be able to draw up designs for u and advise the color theme etc...

but as u know 3 room is still a 3 room there is really nothing much to design.

i went to almost 10 ids and contractors and also get to learn some creative ides (but some are not pratical at all :)

if you already have in mind what design yr house gonna be then go straight to contractors and get them to do the job thus will be much much cheaper.

i myself found 2 contractors in TPY and serangoon . still have not confirm with them yet.

hope this helps

cheers

hi,

in the end after muich sourcing i decided to go with contractor as they are more practical and direct( of course will save $$$$) as well:)

the only cons is that u must decide the color, lightings etc.. as contractor only follow orders and IDs will be able to draw up designs for u and advise the color theme etc...

i went to almost 10 ids and contractors and also get to learn some creative ides (but some are not pratical at all :)

if you already have in mind what design yr house gonna be then go straight to contractors and get them to do the job thus will be much much cheaper.

i myself found 2 contractors in TPY and serangoon . still have not confirm with them yet.

hope this helps

cheers

Hi,

if u r interested in shortlisting my contractor along side with your 2 other contractors, I could PM u his number. He has reinstated my bedrooms & the workmanship, service is superb. Please take a lookg at his workmanship at the following link:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=40463&st=0&p=634826&fromsearch=1entry634826

Hi,

if u r interested in shortlisting my contractor along side with your 2 other contractors, I could PM u his number. He has reinstated my bedrooms & the workmanship, service is superb. Please take a lookg at his workmanship at the following link:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=40463&st=0&p=634826&fromsearch=1entry634826

Hi, Pleaser PM me..

THanks

hi,

hope this helps

cheers

I just got my quotation introduced by my cousin who just finised her reno at Tampines oso.. Do you want his contact?

ID and contractor..

And feedback on pros and cons?

Hi Ms Choong,

You have to find out the ID company which have RADAC and CaseTrust. My neighbor who are not very rich and they recruit his friend, as a "contractor" to reno his house. But then in the end, "contractor" escape once he collect the $$. Do you think they reliable?

U should find ID firm which have both RADAC and CAsetrust lor.... Bkful.

PM me if you need any ID guy. Bcz my house jz renovated by them. So far so good, not 100% perfect but not bad la so far.

AGREE!!! which is what we're doing now.. u have a lot of headache as we are not professionals. better get a main con to do the co-ordination. Otherwise, every tiny little thing u need to be there. for e.g. false ceiling (x 2 quotes), plumbing (x2 quotes), electrical, carpentry, wet works. And on top of that design. So you end up wasting a lot of precious wkends that u could have been doing something else... Just get a trustworthy guy that u can go to for anything! much easier. my 2 cents worth.. :)