Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
xiaobudian

Is Installation Of Window Grilles Necessary To Prevent Thief?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Will installation of window grilles at kitchen service balcony prevent theif?

ha, if you lock it, definitely will.

In Singapore, seldom has thief came into the house from window grille, if happened, the owner probably didn't lock the grille.

For the pass years, I've never locked my windows grille, I don't think any thief will want to come up to my house.

For lower levels, better lock the grille, coz although singapore is very safe, burglary did happen before.

Will installation of window grilles at kitchen service balcony prevent theif?

Will window grills stop a thief from entering completely? No but it will make it less easy for thief to enter.

So assuming that thieves will choose a easy target over a more secured target, the installation of windows grills would reduce the risk of a housebreaking.

Well, if the thief really want to get in, you get Lonsdaleite windows also no use. Lonsdaleite is a material that is harder than diamond. biggrin.gif

It's more for deterrence. Makes your house less attractive as a target. By the time they cut or demolish your window grills, the thief can get into 2 houses without grilles.

well, it is definitely safer to install grille ...

10 yrs ago i was staying at 03rd floor since 1987 ... then shifted to the toppest floor #14 in 2001 ...

now going to shift back to 03rd floor

was looking for reno ID, and also discussing with my wife whether to install grille ???

at first we decide not to since now kids already sec 2 and sec 4 ...

but later decided to hv due to LOW FLOOR and afraid thief may climb in ...

well, it is definitely safer to install grille ...

10 yrs ago i was staying at 03rd floor since 1987 ... then shifted to the toppest floor #14 in 2001 ...

now going to shift back to 03rd floor

was looking for reno ID, and also discussing with my wife whether to install grille ???

at first we decide not to since now kids already sec 2 and sec 4 ...

but later decided to hv due to LOW FLOOR and afraid thief may climb in ...

How to climb?

Cheers!

lol! i dont like window grilles too since it feels very closed-in like living in prison but i think if you stay in corridor unit its definitely a must. if you dont people can just climb in, very easy!!

lol! i dont like window grilles too since it feels very closed-in like living in prison but i think if you stay in corridor unit its definitely a must. if you dont people can just climb in, very easy!!

Window grille is a must if you have small children, unless you want them to be super hero.