Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Lauer

Bull Markets For 2012?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

In 2012, it is the year of Ren Chen (Water Dragon, i.e. Water Over Earth element). Those who learn BaZi will know the 'Dragon' earth is 'unreliable' as it could change its form (it has hidden stems and Dragon is a Water pot!).

So, the 'worst' months in 2012 is July and August, where it is Lunar 6th month, with Five Yellow in the North sector, so like Raymond Lo said, it is 'Two across five" taking place in the months of Jul and Aug.

Watch out for these 2 months in 2012.

In 2012, it is the year of Ren Chen (Water Dragon, i.e. Water Over Earth element). Those who learn BaZi will know the 'Dragon' earth is 'unreliable' as it could change its form (it has hidden stems and Dragon is a Water pot!).

So, the 'worst' months in 2012 is July and August, where it is Lunar 6th month, with Five Yellow in the North sector, so like Raymond Lo said, it is 'Two across five" taking place in the months of Jul and Aug.

Watch out for these 2 months in 2012.

Mae,

Thanks for the lead.

As Mr. Raymond Lo has been mentioned, I have attached the following link to his website regarding 2012 prognosis.

http://www.raymond-lo.com/article_details.php?id=45

For those who are interested in stock markets prediction, the most prominent (arguably) analysis freely available is as linked below:

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article31591.html

(Regarding stock markets, we are currently seeing unprecedented intervention by governments throughout the world. QEs, Germany/France in Greek etc. How would these end up?)

4/2/2012 onward will be a 壬辰 year = north/yang/Water, central/yang/Earth year. What/how do these "attributes" signify to one's bazi? Do you understand 天干相合, 天干相剋, 地支六合, 地支三合, 地支三会, 地支相冲,地支相刑, 地支相害, 地支相破,......blah blah blah....

"How long" have u been in equity market? I "onboard" the bumpy ship since 1992, now still "onboard", see no land yet.

Age 20-35 usually, they don't really follow daily domestic/global econ performance. Esp when they are "not interest" in stock/equity mkt.

Really "jialuck" this time, stormy months ahead. The PIIGS like that, now the F & G kena "pull into the deep water"...USD temp bounce back to 1.31SGD: 1USD. China herself in 10th yr's lowest GDP with high cpi, still "promised" to up the RMB. Centre gov started looking and pump hugh $$$ into domestic projects hope to maintain employment rate while remain the cpi....

Now Greece, Egqyt, Portugal...strikes and unrest, NY kena also....the "wind" is in the forming.

Singapore's "econ models sails" have changed directions from west to east. Now the west also look to east.

Ah chek here also very concerns over my "stucked" $$$ in the stock mkt, should i chop limbs to cut "lossess", or wait a bit further to "recover" back some $$$. "Old bird" like me also ask these kinds of Qs, so....better don't ask any more...get the cash back is first priority.

4/2/2012 onward will be a 壬辰 year = north/yang/Water, central/yang/Earth year. What/how do these "attributes" signify to one's bazi? Do you understand 天干相合, 天干相剋, 地支六合, 地支三合, 地支三会, 地支相冲,地支相刑, 地支相害, 地支相破,......blah blah blah....

"How long" have u been in equity market? I "onboard" the bumpy ship since 1992, now still "onboard", see no land yet.

Age 20-35 usually, they don't really follow daily domestic/global econ performance. Esp when they are "not interest" in stock/equity mkt.

Really "jialuck" this time, stormy months ahead. The PIIGS like that, now the F & G kena "pull into the deep water"...USD temp bounce back to 1.31SGD: 1USD. China herself in 10th yr's lowest GDP with high cpi, still "promised" to up the RMB. Centre gov started looking and pump hugh $$$ into domestic projects hope to maintain employment rate while remain the cpi....

Now Greece, Egqyt, Portugal...strikes and unrest, NY kena also....the "wind" is in the forming.

Singapore's "econ models sails" have changed directions from west to east. Now the west also look to east.

Ah chek here also very concerns over my "stucked" $$$ in the stock mkt, should i chop limbs to cut "lossess", or wait a bit further to "recover" back some $$$. "Old bird" like me also ask these kinds of Qs, so....better don't ask any more...get the cash back is first priority.

It is not important how long one has been involved in stock markets. Often, long does not mean that the investor is good in investment. I have encountered a number of young investors/traders that are gifted as well. But one thing that is universally true with the stock markets, every beginner paid a tuition fee resulting in some kind of losses. To be sustainable in the stock market, one has to approach it with respect, with humility, with a healthy dose of fear.

In many ways, investing in stock market is like playing a round of golf. In golf, an individual sport, one is actually playing against himself mentally. The same with an investor/trader from a psychology aspect; one has to be very honest with himself to do well.

In 2008, because of the unique happenings in the stock markets worldwide, I started an advertising free blog to provide readers with some ideas how a trader approaches the market, which is technically driven and very rarely news driven. (When one spent times understanding how the stock markets actualy work, one would realize that news flows are controlled/managed by the big interests. In other words, before the news reached the public, via newspapers or even twits, an astute trader would have detected it in the stock's or index's chart).

If you are interested, the blog is at knowyourrisk.wordpress.com; it is no longer updated since I lost my notebook computer/password while in London. It was a lot of works maintaining the posting, and also because I was busy with building a house after returning from London. The original landed house, purchased at a bargain price in late 2009, was re-constructed.

That was when I came to know about Renotalk. I am grateful to contributors who generously shared their experiences in house re-constructions. There are many of them, but I would like to particularly thank the authors of Our Living Spaces (Facebook) and Leechaorui. Like I posted before, I am here to return the favors in a small way. I have no idea how long I would be posting here, perhaps until I feel that there is nothing more I could add to the resources here?

Meanwhile,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRNTQvXSsfA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Enjoy!

Edited by Lauer

Believed we're of same age group, from 1960s. Young ones no longer fancy of BG, Teng.....Now already 2010s, 5 x 10 yrs like a blink of eye. Nothings are absolute.

Quite right, "long/short" not really matter for the "whole time", but (I don't like using this word, it has same meaning as however, nevertheless....)at times, it really really matters. Experience is a good teacher.

Like the bk of change says, the whole universal is all abt "change", from UP goes DOWN then UP again, minor yang to major yang to minor ying to major ying and minor yang, Repeat and repeat. One must "see through" this law, as to have ease at all situations. In other words, one is "freed" and able to "zoom in" and "zoom out" at all situations.

Before seeing through phase, sure need to have "experienced through" first follow by "thought through". No experience = no thought, therefore no "see". Logical?

Can blogging make money?

In China history, from 1900(八国联军) till 1912(collaspe of imperial)to 1945(rise of communism) till today, how many "10 years" has gone?. What will be the next, say 2 x "10years"?

Today Japan, Europe, and US's fall always remind me of (八国联军)日本、美国、奥匈帝国、英国、法国、德国、意大利及俄国.

http://baike.baidu.com/view/8712.htm.

You should ask would they "rise" again - it is related to the thread.

From Before Christ 935's Prophet Iddo to present's Anno Domini 2011

( Sorry, I'm a christian, could be really a frog in the well)- History is repeating itself, of course, with different characters in the PLAY. However, the "mastermind" remains the same, He has revealed through His words - Bible. Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away, Mark 13:31.

In China history, from 1900(八国联军) till 1912(collaspe of imperial)to 1945(rise of communism) till today, how many "10 years" has gone?. What will be the next, say 2 x "10years"?

Today Japan, Europe, and US's fall always remind me of (八国联军)日本、美国、奥匈帝国、英国、法国、德国、意大利及俄国.

http://baike.baidu.com/view/8712.htm.

You should ask would they "rise" again - it is related to the thread.

China would be doing OK economically, no matter what happens to the rest of the world. Unless of course, the Chinese government loses control and allows internal strifes to multiply.

US should be able to recover as well, and most probably is already well on its way (not in the news yet).

The future of Euro is very dim.

In my view, there is a public version of history, and then there is the non-public version. One has to look at the public version from a healthy distance. For example, what is the real purpose of European Union? Historically, the Europeans were fighting amongst themselves; the Vikings, Turks, Romans, WW I, WW II etc. Why a federation of European countries? Why having Euro and then without a common Treasury?

Who benefits from having a Euro? It is not difficult to see; which countries today are trying to keep Euro alive? The German & French economies still have not collapsed as per last reported GDP growth figures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuiGol0M02o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

(Who say that young people don't like old songs?)

Enjoy!

Edited by Lauer

US should be able to recover as well, and most probably is already well on its way (not in the news yet).

A bit religious content here, unavoiable, sorry, please read on.

1956, "In God We Trust" - Nation blooms into blossom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_God_We_Trust

"In Gold We Trust" - ulf Wars, 911, terrorism

"In Greed We Trust" - collapse of Lehman Brothers, sub-prime crisis.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subprime_lending

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bankruptcy_of_Lehman_Brothers

NY protest, the ball will get bigger, we shall see.

Edited by bepgof

A bit religious content here, unavoiable, sorry, please read on.

1956, "In God We Trust" - Nation blooms into blossom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_God_We_Trust

"In Gold We Trust" - ulf Wars, 911, terrorism

"In Greed We Trust" - collapse of Lehman Brothers, sub-prime crisis.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subprime_lending

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bankruptcy_of_Lehman_Brothers

NY protest, the ball will get bigger, we shall see.

Nothing new. Don't take 'Occupy Wall Street' seriously, they are staged.

Edited by Lauer

I tried to find an article that could present & summarize, in a concise way, how sovereign debt financing actually works.

I think the following article should be good enough?

http://modernsurvivalblog.com/the-economy/colossal-government-debt-prepare-for-inflation/

In addition to the sound advice given in its last paragraph 'Prepare', I might add that it is ironically advantageous to carry relatively larger debts such as a new housing loan etc in an inflationary environment.

(Maybe this is the 'reason' that why everyone seems to be zealously buying new launches without fear of the impending implosion of Euro?)

With this done, I would like to wish all a happy renovation & prosperous 2012. To all who celebrate it, a joyous and merry Christmas.

Enjoy!

Nothing new. Don't take 'Occupy Wall Street' seriously, they are staged.

The euro crisis

Could this be the plan?

Nov 28th 2011, 15:48 by R.A. | WASHINGTON THERE is an inescapable sense thatthe euro zone is accelerating toward an uncertain and terrible end. Atthe Financial Times, Wolfgang Münchau writesthatthe euro zone has but days to save itself. At Bloomberg, Peter Boone andSimon Johnson saythat the beginning ofthe single currency's end is upon us. And of course,The Economistcontinuesto warn of the risingpossibility of a break-up, and explains howone might occur, in thelatest print edition. Everywhere one looks, there are portents of doom.

Except,that is, in the markets. Equities are soaring today, perhaps as a resultof technical factors like short-covering but perhaps, some suggest, onhopes that the euro zone is finally rising to the challenge facing it.From whence cometh this hope?

Markets appear to see the prospectof salvation in reports of a new policyapproach from AngelaMerkel and Nicolas Sarkozy. The two are said to be putting together a frameworkfor a rapid move toward greater fiscal integration. Such a plan would likelyentail oversight of member-state budgetsanda corresponding loss of sovereigntywiththe understanding that such ties would facilitate the way toward sovereignrisk-sharing, as through euro bonds. The prospect of fiscal submissionto the will of the euro zone's big powers is unlikely to appeal to peripheralcountries, but many have already accepted some degree of oversight in exchangefor emergency assistance, and the alternatives are likely to be far worse.To get around the need to go through a lengthy and uncertain treaty-changeprocedure, the plan may be drawn up along the lines of the Schengen agreementon geographic mobility. Countries may be able to sign on on a voluntarybasis; it will not be an all or nothing approach. Given the scale of thecurrent debt crisis, mutualisation of fiscal responsibilities won't fixthe mess. The main hope for the plan is clearly that a major step towardbetter fiscal institutions will encourage the European Central Bank tosubstantially step up its intervention in bond markets.

The approach has several of theingredients necessary to resolve the crisis, and it isn't crazy to thinkthat it might represent the beginnings of a workable end-game. Yet significantquestion markets remain. One concerns timing. The euro-zone crisis is gallopingforward. Can enough euro-zone governments arrive at an agreement beforecritical thresholds are reached? Can and will the ECB hold the single currencytogether for long enough?

Then of course, there are the peskydetails. One supposes that peripheral economies may bite the bullet andsign on. To what, however, are Germany and France actually willing to agree?And Finland and the Netherlands? Is this actually going to be fiscal integrationwith bite? Even if one assumes that the relevant parties are prepared tothrow themselves headlong into true fiscal integration, will that convincethe ECB to dramatically increase its interventions? Hang-ups about fiscalinstitutions aren't the only thing deterring the central bank from broaderaction, remember; Bundesbank officials are also worried about the statutorylimits on the ECB's behaviour. Without explicit orders from governmentsto act as lender-of-last-resort, the ECB may keep its role limited.

It also seems like greater levelsof bond purchases aren't enough to save the situation. The ECB has beenbuying large amounts of debt, to little avail. Markets are looking forguarantees. Without an explicit promise from the ECB that it will standbehind member-state debt, markets will continue to take ECB buying as littlemore than an opportunity to dump risky bonds. A lot of moving parts haveto move in just the right way for a plan like this to work.

Meanwhile, the backdrop againstwhich this drama is taking place is growing ever more foreboding. The OECDdeclaredtodaythat the euro zone is likely in recession. Its latestprojections for growthin 2012 are truly dismalandprobably overoptimistic. Real output may contract in France and Germanyover the next year. Italy and Spain also face recession, and Portugal andGreece are looking at very deep contractions. Moody's warnedtoday that all of Europe'ssovereign ratings are at risk and that multiple defaults can't be ruledout. It is seen as goodnews that in an auctionof 10-year debt this morning, Belgian yields rose to just 5.7%.

Hope is not yet dead. But marketswill soon turn sceptical again as they wait for details to materialise.Unless euro-zone leaders can deliver the goods and fast, it won't be longmeredays, perhapsbeforepanic is once again ripping the single currency apart.

http://www.ft.com/home/uk

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-11-28/the-euro-area-is-coming-to-an-end-peter-boone-and-simon-johnson.html

http://www.economist.com/node/21540255

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203802204577064573943069702.html

Edited by bepgof

It is not important how long one has been involved in stock markets. Often, long does not mean that the investor is good in investment. I have encountered a number of young investors/traders that are gifted as well. But one thing that is universally true with the stock markets, every beginner paid a tuition fee resulting in some kind of losses. To be sustainable in the stock market, one has to approach it with respect, with humility, with a healthy dose of fear.

In many ways, investing in stock market is like playing a round of golf. In golf, an individual sport, one is actually playing against himself mentally. The same with an investor/trader from a psychology aspect; one has to be very honest with himself to do well.

2011 has ended, therefore hereby submit my yearly stock performance report for the year of 2011.

Total profit: $31,682.29

Working capital: $250,000.00

Total price of stocks bought: $720,024.01

Puchased price of stock currently on hand: $121,032.76

Monthly "bonus" = 31,682.29/12 = $2640.20

Weekly "bonus" = 31,682.29/52 = $609.27

ROI = 31,682.29/250,000 = 12.67%

Better than any full-time fund managers?

Hanging around in the game (of stocks) is surely an indication of one's ability. Being able to survive the ups and downs in a market is no easy feat.

Every bull run will have some youngsters come out to claim that he can make $X amount of dollars, but afterwards they keep quiet. Most probably lost it all liao...

i think bepgof did very well in 2011 when STI was down 17%. Congrats!

Fund managers on the other hand would have done much better for themselves becos they collect management fees! haha. Investors of the fund would have a totally different fate altogether.

The market has already priced in recession prices for property developers, companies are seeking to raise funds by issuing bonds, etc. These points toward a slow down in 2012 and may be a good time to start researching.

Recently Wing Tai caught my eye. Still looking at it and trying to figure out the financials.

Hanging around in the game (of stocks) is surely an indication of one's ability. Being able to survive the ups and downs in a market is no easy feat.

Every bull run will have some youngsters come out to claim that he can make $X amount of dollars, but afterwards they keep quiet. Most probably lost it all liao...

i think bepgof did very well in 2011 when STI was down 17%. Congrats!

Fund managers on the other hand would have done much better for themselves becos they collect management fees! haha. Investors of the fund would have a totally different fate altogether.

The market has already priced in recession prices for property developers, companies are seeking to raise funds by issuing bonds, etc. These points toward a slow down in 2012 and may be a good time to start researching.

Recently Wing Tai caught my eye. Still looking at it and trying to figure out the financials.

Good piece of writeup, deserves only a "credit" scale. More rooms for argument, especially in the areas of "skills & techniques", "capital issue", "risk and liquidity", "tidal & archery effects".......& many many more, youngsters yet to "experience", not "read from books".

Thank you for your compliment. I dare to say, I deserved it! through accumulation of "experience" throughout past years.

2011 has ended, therefore hereby submit my yearly stock performance report for the year of 2011.

Total profit: $31,682.29

Working capital: $250,000.00

Total price of stocks bought: $720,024.01

Puchased price of stock currently on hand: $121,032.76

Monthly "bonus" = 31,682.29/12 = $2640.20

Weekly "bonus" = 31,682.29/52 = $609.27

ROI = 31,682.29/250,000 = 12.67%

Better than any full-time fund managers?

just curious.

what was the value of your stock as at the end of 2011 (ie. purchased price is 121,032.76, market price of these was?)

were the returns (31,682.29) derived from dividend payments or from gains made on buy/sell, etc?