Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
colinboon

Have Anyone Tried Vinyl Flooring B4?

how true is this report?

or it is created by the linoleum manufacturer???

Vinyl flooring can “off gas” air pollutants into your home, including phthalate plasticizers, lead, cadmium, dioxins and PVC. PVC, or polyvinyl chloride, is known as one of the worst plastics for the environment and human health , says The Healthy Building Network. Companies like Honda, IKEA, Johnson and Johnson, Microsoft, Nike, and Toyota have promised o stop using PVC in their products, due to the serious health concerns it raises.

I won't take the chance and take the risk.My friend's contractor also advised to avoid it.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

We just laid vinyl flooring over our bedrooms. We chose to do so because our developer had given us engineered timber, which turned black quickly after natural atmospheric moisture (from Singapore's humidity!). We decided to lay over wood-looking vinyl flooring as this was water-proof and wouldn't have the same problem.

The company we chose was Galaxy Flooring: <link removed>- we dealt directly with the boss Timothy, whom we found really easy to work with. He was very reasonable, and followed up on anything we had concerns about (e.g., when we wanted to change the color of the edges).

Try berrylocs (spelling?).

They are from Belgium, water/fire/scratch resistance. Buy direct from factory and they'll come with lifetime warranty on manufacturing defects.

Best part is they have 8-9mm thick.

I got to know about vinyl flooring when I visited my friend house warming. I fell in love with his flooring and found out that it is from Formica.

I googled and found that Formica is a top brand and a century old company from USA. I contacted Formica to enquire more about their vinyl flooring and they referred me to contact Ram Asia as they will be able to supply and install the flooring.

My husband and I visited Ram Asia. Wow, they carry many types of flooring materials and was told that they supply materials including installation. Seems to me that they mainly support interior design companies and reno contractors. We were shown many photos of homes done with Formica vinyl flooring and we chose FV7112. We will be collecting our keys soon and once our flooring is done, we will post some pictures.

Why we select Formica ?

International brand. We are very worried about unknown brands and the origin. Heard too many problems faced by home owners. Formica is Reputable and therefore the quality and support is always there. Safer bet.

Price - a surprise to us is it is cheaper than many other brands, many brands seems to be local brands or Oem brands, unknown to us.

Quality and colors - looks very natural, like wood with natural grains. Many other brands looks plastic and artificial.

Just sharing our experiences. Hope it can benefit someone.

Is Vinyl flooring same as High end resilient flooring (evorich)? anyone uses high end resilient flooring before? Any feedback?

Recently I just done up my flooring using high end vinyl wood strip and outdoor blinds for my balcony through this company. The effect turns out positively and meet my expectation. I would like to comment and shared their service is being professional, price is resonable and most importantly their company is providing a one stop service to flooring and window furnishing.It greatly reduced my hassle to look for two or more groups of prople to solve my problem. Good work and keep it up.

for my mum hse we din use Evorich but use Elca Contract Flooring Pte Ltd. no smell at all since May 2012. the roll of sheets material from sweden

i used elca for my home flooring too.

i chose tarkett vinyl roll, made in sweden. flooring popped up in many areas (like air bubbles) although my floor was flat cement screed.

complained several times. each time after they fix existing problem areas, new problem areas arise.

during 3rd and final rectification, boss came down with the work crew and sales persons (x2) and supervisor.

i think boss noted that installation was poorly done, pointed out problem areas to the workers and asked the workers to fix properly.

end result still severely lacking, but much better than after 1st installation. never called them to rectify again. i just wanted workers out and for my family to move in.

3 years down the road, that is now, skirting coming off wall in several areas.

there is 1 major eye sore.

1 down step which i repeatedly asked the site supervisor to glue the vinyl sheet down to. the site supervisor repeatedly refused, saying downstep, gravity will pull vinyl sheet down, no need to glue.

3 years later, vinyl sheet still curved. not lying flat vertically against downstep. :(

just to note, i don't think there's any problem with the product. in fact, i'm very satisfied with the product. i'm just very unsatisfied with the poor installation. i think due to poor management from boss, and unmotivated and callous salespersons and site supervisors.

Edited by tinsel

i used elca for my home flooring too.

i chose tarkett vinyl roll, made in sweden. flooring popped up in many areas (like air bubbles) although my floor was flat cement screed.

complained several times. each time after they fix existing problem areas, new problem areas arise.

during 3rd and final rectification, boss came down with the work crew and sales persons (x2) and supervisor.

i think boss noted that installation was poorly done, pointed out problem areas to the workers and asked the workers to fix properly.

end result still severely lacking, but much better than after 1st installation. never called them to rectify again. i just wanted workers out and for my family to move in.

3 years down the road, that is now, skirting coming off wall in several areas.

there is 1 major eye sore.

1 down step which i repeatedly asked the site supervisor to glue the vinyl sheet down to. the site supervisor repeatedly refused, saying downstep, gravity will pull vinyl sheet down, no need to glue.

3 years later, vinyl sheet still curved. not lying flat vertically against downstep. :(

just to note, i don't think there's any problem with the product. in fact, i'm very satisfied with the product. i'm just very unsatisfied with the poor installation. i think due to poor management from boss, and unmotivated and callous salespersons and site supervisors.

oh sorry to hear that the workmanship was not up to standard. I guess really have to depend on workers and supervisor.

Its been one year since the work was done. Last month, there were kitchen renovation carried out and even with the workers carrying heavy stuffs from living room where the vinyl sheet was lay, fortunately, the vinyl sheet was still intact. I agree that the quality of the vinyl sheet is good though there was very tiny bit of air bubble.

There are actually heaps of vinyl on the market currently. i believe it's the quickest growing phase of the flooring trade as a matter of reality. Like everything else, there ar smart and unhealthy merchandise out there, and every one of them need a correct installation to urge the complete life of use out of them. For you naysayers - there ar some merchandise out that will blow your mind if you opened your mind to a small degree bit. Textures and patterns that were not possible simply a number of years agone. all told reality, in some industrial applications vinyl <removed> is that the good product

Dear all, Any one know where to buy pre-packed screed for floor replacements

I understand that this is the new rules and HDB contractor are not allowed to use the old method of mixing sand and cement for renovation work.

Thanks.

Just visited Evorich at Singapore Expo today. The latest price per sq feet is $6.50 for Allure HERF Flooring inclusive of installation without skirting.

Hello,

looking for someone to take over my Evorich Herf package which I've paid a deposit of $500 as I've decided to go for tiles instead.

Secured special rate last year at $5.80 psf + 10% wastage + 7% GST. (If i'm not wrong, their standard price is ~ $6.20 now)

- free coordination with main ID

- no colour limitation

- Herf direct lifetime warranty

- Senior salesman quoted us for the whole house to get the special price. Option to opt out for kitchen & bathrooms and keep the same price.

(Ie. 3 Bedrooms + Living/Dining room)

Pls PM me if keen :)