Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
colinboon

Have Anyone Tried Vinyl Flooring B4?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Just installed Vinyl flooring from Evorich. Managed to get $5psf from them. Initially quoted me $6 as direct homeowner. Just ask them for contractor price and they will ask u for a contractor's namecard and that's it. $5psf+GST. PM me if you need the contact person in Evorich.

For me I chose two colors for my 4 bedrooms. Quality feel very good. No skirting for me. Service top-notch from Evorich. Came back a few times to replace the trimming.

Appreciate if u could pm contact to me, Thks.

How about those vinyl roll? Those that comes in a really big sheets like 3mx3m. Some childcare, like The 1st Skool, are using them. They are non-slip and water-proof and the feel is good. Where to get those? Evorich supply them?

Just installed Vinyl flooring from Evorich. Managed to get $5psf from them. Initially quoted me $6 as direct homeowner. Just ask them for contractor price and they will ask u for a contractor's namecard and that's it. $5psf+GST. PM me if you need the contact person in Evorich.

For me I chose two colors for my 4 bedrooms. Quality feel very good. No skirting for me. Service top-notch from Evorich. Came back a few times to replace the trimming.

Hi, can I have the contact pls? Thanks.. I'm also urgent.. By the way, u know the difference between evorich and wood culture?

Does $5psf include installation? Wood culture quote $6.50 with installation .. ;)

$5 PSF is cheap, i was quote with $6PSF Install and supply but without skirting. have anyone tried doing flooring without skirting? i went around sourcing for many brands however all at the range of $6 (some with skirting, some without). eventually found a link from facebook for vinyl flooring from a new brand. install it for my house, so far so good.

Hi all,

Just to add. Recently just installed Evorich high end resilient tiles (vinyl tiles) in my resale flat. Yes the price is not cheap compared to say laminated wood flooring but I feel the quality is there (100% waterproof). Also the hollow sound is much less compared to laminate. If you we're to factor in using those sound insulation underlay for laminate, the price difference in not that big. Before I chose Evorich, had actually checked out a few other vendors with similar products. Most are thinner, and one thicker than Evorich vinyl tiles. But all has a rubber smell unlike Evorich. I was particular about the smell as I read that these are actually released chemicals which are bad for health. Not good since I got a baby at home. Not sure how true it is but prefer to err on the safe side.

One thing to note though, your current floor must be relatively flat to do overlay. Mine has big gaps between tile ( previous owner went for resort style) which has to be filled up before overlaying ( this is not a problem if using laminated wood flooring) .

Service wise from Evorich, I say it's top notch. Complete my 1700 sq ft place in one day and protect with cardboard after. They also helped with filling my floor gaps and the quote to do so was cheaper than what my Id would have charged me. Quality? I will only know more after i moved in and stay for some time.

Just to note, I am in no way related to Evorich, but just adding my 2cts worth for folks who are considering vinyl tiles as alternative.

Hi all,

Just to add. Recently just installed Evorich high end resilient tiles (vinyl tiles) in my resale flat. Yes the price is not cheap compared to say laminated wood flooring but I feel the quality is there (100% waterproof). Also the hollow sound is much less compared to laminate. If you we're to factor in using those sound insulation underlay for laminate, the price difference in not that big. Before I chose Evorich, had actually checked out a few other vendors with similar products. Most are thinner, and one thicker than Evorich vinyl tiles. But all has a rubber smell unlike Evorich. I was particular about the smell as I read that these are actually released chemicals which are bad for health. Not good since I got a baby at home. Not sure how true it is but prefer to err on the safe side.

One thing to note though, your current floor must be relatively flat to do overlay. Mine has big gaps between tile ( previous owner went for resort style) which has to be filled up before overlaying ( this is not a problem if using laminated wood flooring) .

Service wise from Evorich, I say it's top notch. Complete my 1700 sq ft place in one day and protect with cardboard after. They also helped with filling my floor gaps and the quote to do so was cheaper than what my Id would have charged me. Quality? I will only know more after i moved in and stay for some time.

Just to note, I am in no way related to Evorich, but just adding my 2cts worth for folks who are considering vinyl tiles as alternative.

Hi Opto,

So for Evorich vinyl laminate (herf) there isnt any smell? I am considering to get this type of flooring but is concerned about the smell that some others have highlighted about vinyl flooring. Pls enlighten me. Thanks.

Hi Opto,

So for Evorich vinyl laminate (herf) there isnt any smell? I am considering to get this type of flooring but is concerned about the smell that some others have highlighted about vinyl flooring. Pls enlighten me. Thanks.

Yes that's correct. I pretty much acted like a dog and brought my nose up close to the samples from the different suppliers. Could not detect any hint of rubber smell from Evorich samples, even the big planks.

yah... i am also concerned with the off gas things ...

but it seems not much research had been done in singapore.

europe , holland is coming with a new material

that make from natural fibre and no off gas problem ..

but it would takes years before can reach spore..

Linoleum was the world's first resilient flooring. A mixture of linseed oil, rosin, wood flour and limestone

pls take note that most spore contractor dun even know

what is Linoleum(linseed oil)

most contractor just use resilient flooring and declare that it is linoleum .

pls be careful ...

whom can we trust nowadays...

how true is this report?

or it is created by the linoleum manufacturer???

Vinyl flooring can “off gas” air pollutants into your home, including phthalate plasticizers, lead, cadmium, dioxins and PVC. PVC, or polyvinyl chloride, is known as one of the worst plastics for the environment and human health , says The Healthy Building Network. Companies like Honda, IKEA, Johnson and Johnson, Microsoft, Nike, and Toyota have promised o stop using PVC in their products, due to the serious health concerns it raises.

Just bought a 2nd hand 4rm flat... wanted to change the flooring to wood but too expensive. had very bad experience with laminate for my previous house but save alot from the hacking part.... browse the web and found this vinyl which is in wood design... any1 install it in their house b4? wat r the pro n cons? coz i call up the company and they told me no hacking is required, that means i can save up on this too....

I recently purchase my laminate wood flooring with Wood Culture subsidiary of Hafary. They carry the brand from Berry Allocate from Belgium . Have very good service and qlty Price is reasonable too. Choose from their hydro plus range which is waterproof. Going to lay in my master and 2 other common. Can't wait to see. :-)

Most local ID/contractors do not know the health risks caused by vinyl flooring. Imagine the no. of hours you spend daily in your house ..you and your loved ones are exposed to the toxicity caused by vinyl flooring. I was initially very keen in vinyl flooring but I change my mind after knowing the risks.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39728598/ns/health-childrens_health/t/chemicals-vinyl-flooring-wallpaper-raise-worries/