Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
NeoBY

Lukie's First Home

We went down to look at the carpentry after a week of absence to confirm the installation of kitchen/toilet accessories and some other items for the bedrooms.

There is issue with regards to assembly of some ikea items prior to installation but I am sure it can be resolved...no matter what. The concern from the contractor company is: ikea items may come with some defects, hence affecting the end result and incur complains from customers wrt the installation quality.

We noticed 2 broken kitchen wall tiles. I suspect it is broken on installation of the power socket on the tiles. Need to replace them.

We like the laminates we chose and the overall look. The workmanship, however, needs improvement.

img2012031800576.jpg

img2012031800577.jpg

img2012031800579.jpg

img2012031800581.jpg

we just bought the sink without thinking....end up it's under mount (correct??)

img2012031800580.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

If you like at the joints of the laminates, you'll noticed the gaps and some weren't done properly. The side of the surface top was also not done properly and filled up with silicon.

img2012031800578.jpg

We have surfaced these and it will be rectified.

In addition, we wanted pull out rack and there is no provision for it. So have to redo that as well.

We went down to look at the carpentry after a week of absence to confirm the installation of kitchen/toilet accessories and some other items for the bedrooms.

There is issue with regards to assembly of some ikea items prior to installation but I am sure it can be resolved...no matter what. The concern from the contractor company is: ikea items may come with some defects, hence affecting the end result and incur complains from customers wrt the installation quality.

We noticed 2 broken kitchen wall tiles. I suspect it is broken on installation of the power socket on the tiles. Need to replace them.

We like the laminates we chose and the overall look. The workmanship, however, needs improvement.

img2012031800576.jpg

img2012031800577.jpg

img2012031800579.jpg

img2012031800581.jpg

img2012031800580.jpg

Yes, it is under mount.... But, what is so bad about undrmount? Just take a good care of it coz it will be difficult to be replaced.

Yes, it is under mount.... But, what is so bad about undrmount? Just take a good care of it coz it will be difficult to be replaced.

Precisely the reason!!

personnally, i feel that you should have made a long cabinet for the pipes in ur kitchen so that they are not exposed.. and can use the cabinet to keep the mop or bamboo sticks and stuffs.. or issit that the pipes are too near the window to conceal?

Edited by Akitsuki

Never mind lah, NeoBy. If the sink spoil, you can find a good excuse to change a new cabinet top again. Hahaha... My hubby was telling me about your worry for undermount sink, then I told him if the sink spoil, I can change a new cabinet top again. :sport-smiley-018:

personnally, i feel that you should have made a long cabinet for the pipes in ur kitchen so that they are not exposed.. and can use the cabinet to keep the mop or bamboo sticks and stuffs.. or issit that the pipes are too near the window to conceal?

hi Akitsuki, there are 2 pipes there (front and back). even if I get the contractor to make a long cabinet, it will just be to hide the pipes and not able to keep anything inside cos there's no space at all. And the front pipe is slightly protruding out so the cabinet will end up protruding out as well. It defeats the purpose of "beautifying" it or for keeping anything inside.

Never mind lah, NeoBy. If the sink spoil, you can find a good excuse to change a new cabinet top again. Hahaha... My hubby was telling me about your worry for undermount sink, then I told him if the sink spoil, I can change a new cabinet top again. :sport-smiley-018:

hahha...yah!! maybe a quartz one cos someone is selling it here at a good price!

Neoby, i like the clean look of your kitchen. Initially i do not want to have top cabinet too. But most of the contractors said there will be unsightly water pipes running across the top part. Besides, I will be using gas cylinder, so if i only do bottom cabinet, not enough storage space. So end up have to do top and bottom. Btw, Do you not plan to install hood?

hahha...yah!! maybe a quartz one cos someone is selling it here at a good price!

I know which person you are referring to. Hahaha... Quartz surface top is :thumbs up:

Neoby, i like the clean look of your kitchen. Initially i do not want to have top cabinet too. But most of the contractors said there will be unsightly water pipes running across the top part. Besides, I will be using gas cylinder, so if i only do bottom cabinet, not enough storage space. So end up have to do top and bottom. Btw, Do you not plan to install hood?

Thanks!!

I have the heavy feel if there is top cabinet. I feel the pipes are minimal leh...and anyway they are running all around and I can't have cabinets all over the kitchen mah.

How many cabinets depend on need bah.

Nope, no hood. Not interested in one. My mum cooks every and dont use hood. And I dont think we are gonna cook everyday :)

I know which person you are referring to. Hahaha... Quartz surface top is :thumbs up:

hahaha...yah lor!!! but i've already confirmed my package before the person pm me. if i keep cancelling the works, i think my contractor will run away!!

Woah.. so how long will your reno take? looking for to your housewarming party.

my reno started on the 13th of march and should be complete by 10th of april.

we bought this 3room flat from a indian man that rented the flat to foreign workers, the condition of the place is so jialat even my dog also ran out when we went for final inspection.

Edited by albertchng

img2012031800580.jpg

NeoBY, can you confirm that the internal finishing of your kitchen cabinet is white pvc? Mind sharing how much is the quote for the kitchen cabinet + solid top?

The sink size is quite big (800mm X 500mm?), right? If it is smaller you can mount both way, undermount or inset. Worry for you, undermount got a major disadvantage; if something happen to the sink, there is no way to change the sink without hacking away the solid top.

My kitchen cabinet looks fairly similar to the one in the below picture, minus the handle bars on the drawers and the L shape for sink; internal finishing is light wood grain.

whitekitchencabinet.jpg

Edited by albertchng