Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
binchotan

Future Neighbours From Casa Clementi :)

oh those. yeah, i think everyone would have problems with that. i'm also enbloc, but i dont mind the new place.

care to share your new clothesline? I dont like the HDB one either, it will hit my dryer when lowered.

Aurelia, that's right, it's the push out windows. I like my windows open even when it rains. My IDs already asked me to buy 2 steps ladders - one for each room.

It rained yesterday, and the service yard is all wet.

I'm using Ezzi Living's range for the clothes lines. They can cut the current HDB poles down to the size that can fit into the common toilet if you want to reuse back. So when it rains, those clothes that are hung outside can be brought in and hang in the common toilet area while those on the Ezzi Living can be swivel back to horizontal position easily. I've to pay I think $50 more to relocate the gallon water heater to the toilet area.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Aurelia, that's right, it's the push out windows. I like my windows open even when it rains. My IDs already asked me to buy 2 steps ladders - one for each room.

I'm using Ezzi Living's range for the clothes lines. They can cut the current HDB poles down to the size that can fit into the common toilet if you want to reuse back. So when it rains, those clothes that are hung outside can be brought in and hang in the common toilet area while those on the Ezzi Living can be swivel back to horizontal position easily. I've to pay I think $50 more to relocate the gallon water heater to the toilet area.

interesting. where is your water heater located now?

Do u also know if Ezzi will cut my hdb poles for a price? i might not want a new clothes line. happy with the HDB one but it's too long. will crash onto my dryer. if it's shorter, would be better.

thanks.

Do u also know if Ezzi will cut my hdb poles for a price? i might not want a new clothes line. happy with the HDB one but it's too long. will crash onto my dryer. if it's shorter, would be better.

thanks.

Botaq, I don't think Ezzi will just come down and cut the pole for you. You can ask your contractor to do that for a charge. Let's see ... I think it's around $120 or less cos they have to remove and shift the brackets away from the original site.

Actually, I never thought of using gallon water heater - the idea was proposed by the ID. I'll just use the instant one since it has all along suit my purpose.

Gosh, there is really no privacy in the service yard & kitchen area. Opposite neighbours (if they are the nosy ones) practically can see what's going on in the kitchen! Sigh ...

Edited by mersing

Guys, when you talk about budget for reno, do you usually include cost of accessories and power point installations as well?

And the HHS ceiling is pretty high, I think putting up 3 shelves should not be a problem with lots of space below still. Any idea how much it might cost for the shelving? Most IDs don't include this quote.

Edited by mersing

Guys, when you talk about budget for reno, do you usually include cost of accessories and power point installations as well?

And the HHS ceiling is pretty high, I think putting up 3 shelves should not be a problem with lots of space below still. Any idea how much it might cost for the shelving? Most IDs don't include this quote.

for my reno budget, i include everything, including electricals, plumbing, furniture etc. in that way i have a clearer sense when i will go bankrupt....

shelving, about $200 if im not wrong. http://www.yee-sin.com/

there's also those boltless shelving for about $200 as well at Giant in IMM.

Botaq, I don't think Ezzi will just come down and cut the pole for you. You can ask your contractor to do that for a charge. Let's see ... I think it's around $120 or less cos they have to remove and shift the brackets away from the original site.

Actually, I never thought of using gallon water heater - the idea was proposed by the ID. I'll just use the instant one since it has all along suit my purpose.

Gosh, there is really no privacy in the service yard & kitchen area. Opposite neighbours (if they are the nosy ones) practically can see what's going on in the kitchen! Sigh ...

dont know if i got you accurately, but were you saying that previously the water heater could be located in the service yard? I'm getting a storage heater and would prefer it if I could place it in the yard.

for my svc yard, i'll be installing grilles and windows. There will be kids visiting and also a bit cautious about the rain. esp cos the wind can be strong on the higher floors. Alternatively i know some ppl are considering bamboo blinds which are quite weather resistant. you could consider that if privacy is a concern. i get what you mean about privacy for the svc yard. when i was walking ard i noticed that for some svc yards, you can look in from the corridor!

super 'Siong" to paint the whole house ceiling alone........

collected my kitchen sink and tap from the hardware shop located at clementi Ave 5 Blk 345...good buy

wah, painting the whole house on your own? super siong leh... classifieds has some cheap house painters.

for my reno budget, i include everything, including electricals, plumbing, furniture etc. in that way i have a clearer sense when i will go bankrupt....

shelving, about $200 if im not wrong. http://www.yee-sin.com/

there's also those boltless shelving for about $200 as well at Giant in IMM.

Thanks for the tip regarding the shelves! Those ones at Giant, we must install them ourselves? I don't have the strength to carry all the items home.

I thought so too that reno budget should include all these things. I saw 3 IDs' quotations. Each one of them will miss out a few items so that the amount will appear below the budget stated by me. However, if I start to include the left out items, it's way above the budget!! I've got 2 more to go for the quotes. See how.

dont know if i got you accurately, but were you saying that previously the water heater could be located in the service yard? I'm getting a storage heater and would prefer it if I could place it in the yard.

for my svc yard, i'll be installing grilles and windows. There will be kids visiting and also a bit cautious about the rain. esp cos the wind can be strong on the higher floors. Alternatively i know some ppl are considering bamboo blinds which are quite weather resistant. you could consider that if privacy is a concern. i get what you mean about privacy for the svc yard. when i was walking ard i noticed that for some svc yards, you can look in from the corridor!

Eh, I didn't say storage heater going into the service yard. You can relocate it above the sitting bowl in the common toilet. I don't think the heater should be too far away from the master bedroom toilet?

Oh bamboo blinds sound wonderful! I will consider that. I was thinking of using the long shower curtains. Hahaha ...

The other thing is the Master bedroom windows. Are we allowed to paste anything on the windows itself instead of using curtains? The opposite neighbours can see me quite clearly too! The ID I met today said he will do a small storage steps for me in the Master bedroom so that I can quickly climb up the steps to close the top push out window when the heavy rains come through. In this way, I don't have to get up (esp at 2-4 am when it rains heavily) and run to storeroom to bring out the step ladders.

Eh, I didn't say storage heater going into the service yard. You can relocate it above the sitting bowl in the common toilet. I don't think the heater should be too far away from the master bedroom toilet?

Oh bamboo blinds sound wonderful! I will consider that. I was thinking of using the long shower curtains. Hahaha ...

The other thing is the Master bedroom windows. Are we allowed to paste anything on the windows itself instead of using curtains? The opposite neighbours can see me quite clearly too! The ID I met today said he will do a small storage steps for me in the Master bedroom so that I can quickly climb up the steps to close the top push out window when the heavy rains come through. In this way, I don't have to get up (esp at 2-4 am when it rains heavily) and run to storeroom to bring out the step ladders.

yes i think you can do a few things to it, curtains, blinds or like you mentioned, sticker that will make it look like frosted glass. i think HDB does that for you by default for your window at the air con ledge. the downside of the sticker is that you too wont be able to look out.

my ID is installing that kinda frosting sticker on the bifold door that leads from the svc yard to the common toilet. needed some privacy there....

heehee...i enjoy doing myself and save a thousand dollar...furthermore if it turn up ugly i cant blame anyone...

Heard some painters used left over paint or mix paint...DIY at least i know i am paying for the orignal paint.

regards

think i spotted your post on the casa clementi FB...