Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
binchotan

Future Neighbours From Casa Clementi :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

yes i think you can do a few things to it, curtains, blinds or like you mentioned, sticker that will make it look like frosted glass. i think HDB does that for you by default for your window at the air con ledge. the downside of the sticker is that you too wont be able to look out.

my ID is installing that kinda frosting sticker on the bifold door that leads from the svc yard to the common toilet. needed some privacy there....

Thanks for sharing this. I'm getting excited that there is actually a range of options open to me now.

Blinds will make the service yard very dark when it is closed? But I like the frost sticker idea. Am going to check out with the IDs regarding this. Any more things you are going to do with your unit?

I think my biggest obstacle will be the aircon ledge window - I would love to keep it open but if the neighbors start cooking, I think the odor will be coming through into the masterbed room.

Maybe I'll have to put a A4 size paper saying "I'm sleeping. No cooking at this hour please." hahhahaa

Whoa, I don't know if $20k budget is enough or not.

Thanks for sharing this. I'm getting excited that there is actually a range of options open to me now.

Blinds will make the service yard very dark when it is closed? But I like the frost sticker idea. Am going to check out with the IDs regarding this. Any more things you are going to do with your unit?

I think my biggest obstacle will be the aircon ledge window - I would love to keep it open but if the neighbors start cooking, I think the odor will be coming through into the masterbed room.

Maybe I'll have to put a A4 size paper saying "I'm sleeping. No cooking at this hour please." hahhahaa

Whoa, I don't know if $20k budget is enough or not.

I think with all the additions I'm making to my place, I'm wondering if $60k will be enough. Now planning to break wall between the masterbedroom and the adjoining bedroom. gonna add cost there. also recently decided to replace the front door grilles cos i dont like it. another $500 plus there. haiz...

im also thinking of pemanently shutting the door from the svc yard to the common toilet. wanted to seal it up but that's added cost. will be putting my dryer there instead. in that way i dont have to stack my dryer on my washer and there will be less issue with the clothesrack coming down. also can buy top load washer.

I think with all the additions I'm making to my place, I'm wondering if $60k will be enough. Now planning to break wall between the masterbedroom and the adjoining bedroom. gonna add cost there. also recently decided to replace the front door grilles cos i dont like it. another $500 plus there. haiz...

im also thinking of pemanently shutting the door from the svc yard to the common toilet. wanted to seal it up but that's added cost. will be putting my dryer there instead. in that way i dont have to stack my dryer on my washer and there will be less issue with the clothesrack coming down. also can buy top load washer.

$60k not enough can get a loan, right?

Most important is that the things must suit your daily lifestyle otherwise it will become a nightmare, no?

I rather spend a bit more on certain things rather than be frustrated. :D

The 3rd floor garden looks nice with all those plants.

$60k not enough can get a loan, right?

Most important is that the things must suit your daily lifestyle otherwise it will become a nightmare, no?

I rather spend a bit more on certain things rather than be frustrated. :D

The 3rd floor garden looks nice with all those plants.

Initially budgeted $45k, then became $55k, then $60k, now at $70k

will try to avoid a loan if I can. prefer to dont do now than take a loan. perhaps if i have to make a choice, i'll spend on those permanent and necessary stuff first like floor and electricals. the other stuff like bo liao furniture and applicances can get later...

60K???????? wow that a lot money. I thinking of using less than 10k for the whole house.

Regards

i think if you diy most of the stuff, can be done. but i dont think kitchen cabinets and all the appliances will be cheap...

Yah, I think $10K can be difficult cos things are soooooo expensive compared to 4 yrs ago.

I wish I've that capability and strength to paint the whole unit myself.

Botaq, better stick with lower budget than higher cos reno can burn your pocket!

To cut cost, I'm even planning not to do floor tiles but stick to cement screeding only.

It also makes my unit different from the majority.

I've asked for views here regarding cement screed flooring.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=46910

If I can, I want to recycle the common toilet partition then I don't have to install another spray tap in the sitting bowl area. I don't know if the shower head can reach the sitting bowl at all ...

I like to work with IDs where I can recycle stuff that I don't need in my unit. It can also expand their creativity! :P

Have you met your neighbors yet?

Hi all! Just selected my unit at 416!

Nice to meet you guys!

Been hunting ard for reliable IDs and nice furnitures!

Looking forward to staying there! =)

Maybe we should organise one kopi session for Casa Clementi residents to share some DIY and cheap lobang..heehee i will bring my neighbour old Indian aunty along...

Regards

Yah! We shld!! Share tips and discussion for our new homes :)

I'm also thinking of shutting the common toilet door to svc yard and taking down the partition in the common toilet. Coz it looks so weird!! Anyone doing that too? Know how much it will cause???

Dear All,

May I know which block you guys selected and already collected the keys? mine is Block 425, earger to know roughly when will be the collection of key for my flat.

Anyone bought 5 rooms and collected the key already.

May I know after you collected the key and reported the defects to HDB, how long HDB takes to rectify and completed the rectification of the defects and hand over back the key to you to start your reno?

Appreciate you guys can share.

Which ID you used? is it good?

Thanks.

Believemiracle

Dear All,

May I know which block you guys selected and already collected the keys? mine is Block 425, earger to know roughly when will be the collection of key for my flat.

Anyone bought 5 rooms and collected the key already.

May I know after you collected the key and reported the defects to HDB, how long HDB takes to rectify and completed the rectification of the defects and hand over back the key to you to start your reno?

Appreciate you guys can share.

Which ID you used? is it good?

Thanks.

Believemiracle

I've heard the 5 room ones esp the upper floors will only be ready after May. My unit has some cracks on the baywindows, HHS ceiling and service yard with the clothes line brackets. BCS is quite fast to respond to our feedback. I guess certain things may take longer. For my case, they took I think 3 days or so cos they have to fix the cracks and then wait to paint it up again.

As for the IDs, I think you have to choose a few and see which one can suit your ideas and taste.