Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
binchotan

Future Neighbours From Casa Clementi :)

Hi, I'm from Blk 423. Finishing tail end of my reno and schedule to move in early June :)

Didn't realize Casa Clementi is such a "happening" place. Falling incident? Fights? :(

If you are keen, you can contact my ID, Byron 96998818. I used him in my old home and he has recently opened his own company. His contractors, especially carpenters have good workmanship. And he has excellent after-sales service and during reno, if you have any complaint or rectification to be done, he will try his best to do it and not "brush it aside" or argue with the owners like other IDs. However, he is not much of an "ideas" person, so you will have to do your homework (reading magazines and browse internet for ideas). Then run through your ideas with him.

I agree, the interior layout in these blocks are "weird". I keep telling my hb that these HDB architects and contractors really "eat ****". They apparently don't live in HDB flats, if not, why such idiotic ideas?

(1) Common Toilet - I almost fainted when I saw the PD doors and partitions. It look like a kopitiam toilet. And when you go into the toilet unit or bath unit, you will feel claustrophobic like you are in a "coffin". It's that small, even for a petite lady like me...And the toilet bowl is so "far way" from the wall, so I can't put in a glass shower cubicle as it will be very squeezed.

You can tear down the PD doors and partitions, but you will see holes in your wall tiles. So what we did was, after tearing it down, we overlay the wall tiles

(2) Toilet Entrance - we tear down the bi-fold door to the service yard and overlay toilet and service yard floor tiles. Then we put in bi-fold door to both service yard entrance and passage way entrance.

Will upload later some photos before and after my reno.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi, I'm from Blk 423. Finishing tail end of my reno and schedule to move in early June :)

Didn't realize Casa Clementi is such a "happening" place. Falling incident? Fights? :(

If you are keen, you can contact my ID, Byron 96998818. I used him in my old home and he has recently opened his own company. His contractors, especially carpenters have good workmanship. And he has excellent after-sales service and during reno, if you have any complaint or rectification to be done, he will try his best to do it and not "brush it aside" or argue with the owners like other IDs. However, he is not much of an "ideas" person, so you will have to do your homework (reading magazines and browse internet for ideas). Then run through your ideas with him.

I agree, the interior layout in these blocks are "weird". I keep telling my hb that these HDB architects and contractors really "eat ****". They apparently don't live in HDB flats, if not, why such idiotic ideas?

(1) Common Toilet - I almost fainted when I saw the PD doors and partitions. It look like a kopitiam toilet. And when you go into the toilet unit or bath unit, you will feel claustrophobic like you are in a "coffin". It's that small, even for a petite lady like me...And the toilet bowl is so "far way" from the wall, so I can't put in a glass shower cubicle as it will be very squeezed.

You can tear down the PD doors and partitions, but you will see holes in your wall tiles. So what we did was, after tearing it down, we overlay the wall tiles

(2) Toilet Entrance - we tear down the bi-fold door to the service yard and overlay toilet and service yard floor tiles. Then we put in bi-fold door to both service yard entrance and passage way entrance.

Will upload later some photos before and after my reno.

Think if installing shower screen, it should be able to cover the holes on the wall. For me, overlay may be too costly.

Btw, anyone removing the laundry rack in the service yard? My contractor told me that it is rather flimpsy (esp the thin string supporting the entire rack). Unlikely to last long if pull up pull down daily. Thinking of dismantling and then replace with the typicle ceiling holders with bamboo sticks. Simple, practical and everlasting.

Think if installing shower screen, it should be able to cover the holes on the wall. For me, overlay may be too costly.

Btw, anyone removing the laundry rack in the service yard? My contractor told me that it is rather flimpsy (esp the thin string supporting the entire rack). Unlikely to last long if pull up pull down daily. Thinking of dismantling and then replace with the typicle ceiling holders with bamboo sticks. Simple, practical and everlasting.

I've removed HDB's laundry rack, cut the poles and reinstall in common toilet. In the service yard, I'm using my old unit's ezzi living laundry system. So now I've 3 areas to hang my clothes. Don't have to worry where to hang my additional laundry/blankets during the rains. :D

I have chosen a LG Inverter System 4. The aircon window is too small for other brand compressor to fit through. My aircon window is only about 695mm in height. So better to measure your aircon window first b4 buying your aircon.

Hello All,

my wife and i are going to be your new neighbors from June.. got the 5rm at Blk 416.. but still waiting to get the keys...

does any of you have any good and reliable and reasonably priced Contractor/ID to recommend? :) do PM me if possible..

many thanks! :)

Haha Casa is getting more and more lively :sport-smiley-004:

Welcome to clementi ave1 hope you'll enjoy your stay :yamseng:

Happy reno

The 3rd floor garden is OPEN to the public! Yay!!!

Yeah. Brought the kids to the garden and playground. Very spacious, clean and green. :good:

Hope can continue to keep it this way. Saw the open garden at Clementi Mall. Terribly maintained and litters everywhere...

Yeah. Brought the kids to the garden and playground. Very spacious, clean and green. :good:

Hope can continue to keep it this way. Saw the open garden at Clementi Mall. Terribly maintained and litters everywhere...

Clementi Mall bo bian coz human traffic to and fro so diffcult maintain

As for casa different other then nearby residents no others :sport-smiley-004: