Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
getzski

Single's Home In Bedok Res

Hi All,

I'm been lurking in the RT forum for more than half a year since i signed on the dotted line in May. Have been wanting to start a T-blog but totally forgot about it altogether. Blame it on work....what else.

Anway, renovations started only on Nov 15, and again i forgot to take any photos in the beginning stage of hacking.

Hence i shall start my T-blog with what has been done so far, and i will dig and post the "historical data" in the latter postings.

So here goes.....

Week #5 of renovations.

Dining, Living, Balcony :

20111222_163537.jpg

20111222_162459.jpg

Dining :

20111222_163542.jpg

Dining Area :

20111222_163834.jpg

Edited by getzski

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

In my excitement to post the pics of reno in progress, i forgot to add the most basic details....silly me.

It is a 26 years old 5 rm old HDB flat on Bedok Reservior Road.

It is a low floor unit, and i actually wasn't that interested in viewing that unit when my agent called. Surprising, the unit was very bright and airy given it's low floor.

Floor Plan :

floorplan.jpg

Wow!!! Single buying 5 room! Big place you have! Congrats!! Must continue to post more pic!

managed to get it at an attractive price, due to the abnormal low valuation. (opposition ward maybe.....lol)

trust me, the purchase price is only good enough for a 4rm in many mature estates.

big place also headache....must figure out how to fill up the place.

Some pics of the original condition. Didn't really take much pics due to poor quality of the camera function of IP3GS.

Kitchen & common toilet :

Picture362.jpg

Picture361.jpg

Picture357.jpg

Picture363.jpg

Common bedroon, with the store-room hacked to create a WIW that links to the original MBR bathroom.

Picture609.jpg

Original Tiles from the 80s.

Picture608.jpg

The ex-MBR

Picture607.jpg

There are few reasons why the MBR was relocated.

1) the common bedroom has a nice view of greeny and some very old trees (sadly, it is replaced by a dirt track which the mrt tunnel will run under. hopefully the greenery will be back sooner than later. and pray pray that SLA dun sell the prime lot in front of an MRT to a condo developer)

2) MBR has no natural lighting. when the windows are open, you see the branches of a tree. can't walk up to any natural light

3) the location of the aircon compressor. who wants thick aircon trunking in the MBR.

3) very bad fengshui, according to my FSM. which then make my decision to relocate much easier.

managed to get it at an attractive price, due to the abnormal low valuation. (opposition ward maybe.....lol)

trust me, the purchase price is only good enough for a 4rm in many mature estates.

big place also headache....must figure out how to fill up the place.

Then value for money! 5 room for price of 4 room then mrt running nearby.

No floor plan to show the relocation of MBR?

Then value for money! 5 room for price of 4 room then mrt running nearby.

No floor plan to show the relocation of MBR?

ah yes....forgot about those few long nights on floorplanner.com

version1

- hack away storeroom

- partitition up old MBR to make it smaller, as well as to create a WIW for the new MBR.

- hack away foyer wall at the main door entrance

- partition up an area in the kitchen to be a new storeroom

floorplanner1.jpg

version2

- playing around with kitchen layout mostly. trying to find a good home for washer and dryer.

- creating a new mini storeroom right at the main door entrance

- playing with the idea of opening up more light by partial hacking of room behind living room.

floorplanner2.jpg

version3

- still trying to figure out the kitchen

floorplanner3.jpg

final version (prior to hacking)

- create a longer WIW to add more storage area inside, so as to keep the rest of the area as clutter free as possible. also added a pelmet to hold a double curtain to add as a screen to prevent the a/c from cooling the WIW (doing my part to be green and use less electricity)

floorplanner4.jpg

Ugly pipes of MBR bathroom :

20111222_163751.jpg

20111222_163724.jpg

the pipes are freaking me out.

initially i hate those pipes in the common toilet, and i was neutral to those inside the MBR. But after the new tiles are up, my feelings are reverse.

I think one reason is that the MBR one are in pretty bad condition. lots of "scars" and cracks.

does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Nice drawing. I got a 5i under single scheme as well. Mine is on the 3rd floor. The lack of windows put some of the corners at a darker shade.