Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wendily86

A New Beginning At Treelodge@punggol

Hi ppl! Havent abandon the tblog but it's just that..to be honest, we havent done much to the place yet... *guilty*

On top of our busy schedule plus couldnt come to an agreement on what we actually wanna do...there's a whole new dimension to our renovation woes....

3+kits.jpg

kittens!!

She

IMG_20120127_215314.jpg

She

photo%281%29.JPG

Hebai.JPG

They were brought back to my place when they were 2-3weeks old. The security guard found them abandoned by their mum (or so he said) and when he showed them to me, they were already quite dehydrated and starved yet were refusing to drink from milk bottle. Anyway, cut the story short, I decided to adopt them. The first few weeks were hellish as they were dependent on me for everything...from in and out. I was so scared they couldnt survive Thank goodness for support from many people, we managed to get them pass the critical age and now they are big, healthy and tyrannical. hahaha...a bundle of joy in the house as they are now at the really playful age BUT it means they are also destroyers. *Sigh*

Yup, so another dimension to my renovation woes is...furnishing and pieces around the house has got to be cat-proof. -.- Which means comfy leather sofas are out. Or I can buy cheap sofas for them to scratch but it is not a long term solution. Probably getting fabric sofas. And also, they jump everywhere and knock everything (in sight) over. Which means small display pieces are out too. *sigh*

Edited by wendily86

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi People, like many others, I have been a lurker in RT for quite some time. Read through most of the T-blog (actually most of the time just looking at the pictures), and drooled over most of them. :dribble: I will be joining in the adventure and hoping to learn more tips in the process!

My bf and I tried for the sale of balance flats 2011 and in the end managed to grab the only loft unit left in Treelodge@Punggol. I saw a few RT forumers who are also from Treelodge and I have to say they made up their homes really well! :good: As the house itself is really costly and I have only been working for a short time (suicidal, yeah), the theme we are going for is minimalist. I believe a minimalist home can also be nice! hehe, so stay tune!

Let's start off with my floorplan

Presentation1.jpg

We managed to sneak a peek through the doors when the HDB contractors did not lock it after they were done...

380897_10150430062271312_677766311_8598573_526888485_n.jpg

Loving the high windows!

Will post more pictures when I have the time!

Actually Me and my wife is aiming for this unit, it from last Nov sale of balance flat right. But come to out turn, the unit aready taken, so I guess you got the unit. I happy for you. Hope more photo of your loft house...:-)

wow... I love the lay-out. :sport-smiley-004:

especially the huge opening.

I think for the living room, both side of window, I will build a single track climbing wall ; p :sport-smiley-003: :sport-smiley-003:

The MBR really/totally/100% privacy lor. :dribble: :dribble:

Can't wait to see more pix.

This is a really beautiful unit. Congrats! I did not even know HDB build lofts these days. I am however, still dreaming of getting an EM. There is so much potential in what one can do.

Hope everything goes well for the renovation. :sport-smiley-018:

Maybe they are broke after buying the flat, saving up for reno and waiting for auspicious date to start reno?

If I were them, I would visit my unit every other day too! :)

Aren't u the proud owner of the loft unit ... How come become so humble...:)

Haha..yup i also believe binka is the proud owner of a loft unit in treelodge. And having stayed there longer than mine, she'll def know much more abt the pros and cons than me. But i think expectations are different. Maybe i'm someone who is very particularly abt cleanliness, so i'll appreciate a place where i dont have to bother too much abt cleanliness and have bbqs w my frens.

Anw yup heard from neighbours that the tiles are extremely difficult to clean and there are lots of stains. In relation to that, actually we are planning to do a wooden deck over e tiles. =)

Having said that, i think it's a personal choice whether one wants to stay in a loft, pent house, soho etc. No matter what type of home u choose there are bound to have pros and cons. So since we have decided to choose this unit, why not think of how we can make use of this space positively instead of lamenting on the shortcomings of the unit? I think this is not being an ostrich but rather, trying to look forward. That's my $0.02. :)

Maria: i like the machine! It's v quiet and the clothes came out relatively dry and less crumPled. Love the eco friendly function where it take long but saves more water (as claimed by e manufacturer)

Rocksteady: it was a display set sold at 699 and we bargained it too 600 as it was xmas season. Haha..bought it at aero furnishing on lvl 5 of parkway parade. :)

My open balcony is nowhere near as exposed but still dust tends to build up and rain tends to make it clump together into dark stains on the flooring and parapet. It requires additional maintenance, which is probably why some EM owners end up fully enclosing their balcony. I'm sure when it comes time to paint the balcony I will have a "good" time as well.

From the sounds of it, binka is probably also one of the lucky loft unit owners who can relate firsthand the pros and cons of such units.

From the pic, looks like binka stays one or 2 floors below a loft unit. Maybe binka can let us know?

I guess my stone looking grey outdoor tiles helps to camou dust. I don't have an issue with the balcony being exposed to the elements.

Sorry for the lack of updates and replies! :sport-smiley-018:

Anyway, finally bought a few things for our place! Not alot though (bf is a very fussy shopper 8|, so our progress has been really slow)...

panasonic washing machine NA-148VG3 front loading

NA-148VG3_web.jpg?MOD=AJPERES&ContentCache=NONE&CACHEID=64a891804802df79ac8dbf27aac28e3e

Cornell Rice Cooker RCG28 ($10 PWP at Megatex!)

RCG28.jpg

Coffee Table

381569_10150563571638698_609598697_10866192_1003737237_n.jpg

Sharp AQUOS 40" 3D LED TV

LC-40LE830M_RGB%28290X220PX%29.jpg

Long footstool

blogger-image-1620692821.jpg

Now having a headache with the fridge selection. Sofa and lightings are next up on my list (though you can see the things we bought aint really priority-driven. Pretty much controlled by fate. Haha..)

My open balcony is nowhere near as exposed but still dust tends to build up and rain tends to make it clump together into dark stains on the flooring and parapet. It requires additional maintenance, which is probably why some EM owners end up fully enclosing their balcony. I'm sure when it comes time to paint the balcony I will have a "good" time as well.

From the sounds of it, binka is probably also one of the lucky loft unit owners who can relate firsthand the pros and cons of such units.