Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
KittyJems

Modern Country Living

It would be nice if you use a farmhouse sink in the kitchen!

Yah... after I bot my Teka sink than I realised a porcelain sink will look much nicer. But since I bot the sink as part of the Kitchen package, I decided to leave it be instead of changing to other items. Anyway, hubs prefer stainless steel sink cos of all the peranakan cooking we do. He scared porcelain sink will becom stained with all the tumeric, yellow ginger and curry paste.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

DAY 2 and 3:

Plastering of walls and tiling works. :D

Don't understand why apartments these days like to come with funny walls. Decided to box-up the 'holes' in 2nd bedroom and master bedroom with gypsum board to level it out. Will be easier to shift furniture around if I fancy a change of furniture orientation in future. Not to mention maximisation of space.

img0147tk.jpg

img0148ds.jpg

I must say that I like my main contractor. Although mine is a very small job - only worth $4K+ compared to others where he bills more than $20K... he still takes my renovation job seriously. Today marks day 3 of the renovation and he has been here every morning when work starts. He ensures that all the sub-workers knows what they are supposed to do, leaving clear instructions and then making sure things are progressing well before leaving for the day. When unexpected things cropped up - like the MIA skirting and ugly cement walls upon dismantling of the cupboards, he was quick to ensure that extra works will be carried out - although at extra costs.

When there were such extra works to be done, he emailed me a quotation for extra works at night. The next day, he will bring over the quotation, explain line by line the items he is charging me for. Makes sure I understand first before endorsing on the quotation. I appreciate this as it helps me know in advance what I am being charged for and aids me in my budget and planning works. Also good to have everything down in black & white. Will prevent disputes from arising.

Edited by KittyJems

Kitchen floor tiles are upz...!!! Much better than the horrid grey tiles I had before. Now my kitchen looks so much brighter than b4.

The tiler's workmanship is great too. Notice how the grout lines of the tiles at the wash area lines up nicely with the floor tiles of the kitchen?

He has even lined up the floor tiles to fall in synch with existing wall tiles. Love it!!

img0157io.jpg

Edited by KittyJems

Tomorrow, plasterer will continue. Not much updates on reno progress for this week.

Next week will be more exciting with the kitchen cabinets to be set-up and parquet flooring to be polished. Followed by ceiling fan installation and finally the painting! Yeah!

Thats all for now folks. More updates and pics next week.

Edited by KittyJems

Yeah! My kitchen cabinets are upz. Now waiting for my black granite top and tempered glass wall to be set-up.

Hmmm... think I'll need to paint the bomb shelter door. The old paint so ugly.

img0193ia.jpg

Edited by KittyJems

Ceiling Fan and Wall Fan also installed by fellow forummuer "Bro". Excellent Service!

See the installation.... so nicely done. Somemore it's on false ceiling... yet the fan still so steady. Never shake at all, even when we switch it on at full blast. Highly recommend "Bro" to anyone looking to install ceiling fans. Great price, great service!

ceilingfan.jpg

Edited by KittyJems

Simply like your country kitchen cabinets..., perhaps that will be my next project 5 years down the road....

Have finally completed my mini Home Renovations. Due to my tight budget and specific requests, I had different vendors providing specific services.

I would say that I am very satisfied by the services rendered by the various selected vendors I had selected. They had all put in tremendous effort to ensure that my renovations proceeded smoothly. At the end of this exhausting journey, I would say it was money well spend and the time taken was worth it. :yamseng:

Main Contractor - Jason Design & Build:

Did mainly the hacking & demolishment works, kitchen floor tiling, polishing parquet and marble floor, electrical, plastering and other nitty gritty stuffs.

Forestwood:

They are the ID responsible for the design & construction of my country style kitchen cabinets.

Applied Colours:

Provided full house painting with Nippon paint - 6 colours in total.

Forummer "BRO":

Installation of ceiling and wall fans.