Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Erwinong

Exposed Balconies - Do You Use Blinds?

Hi, I hope to get opinions from those whose homes come with exposed balconies, especially large ones like those in some condos.

Do you all install blinds? I know some management disallow that, but I've seen some who perhaps secretly installed them.

How do you find the blinds in shielding the rain from coming in?

If you can but didn't install blinds, is there anything you don't like about it? Eg, losing that "open" feel to the balcony or ineffective in shielding rain, etc.

Thank u for your advice!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I have open balcony and I use those bamboo chicks. It's very effective at keeping the rain out, a must for me. I don't have any issues using it in my condo (some others use it too). I get mine from George Bamboo Chick, been getting it from there for the last 5 yrs. The chicks tend to need replacement once every 2 yrs or so due to wear and tear. If the chicks don't give way, the ropes will :)

what will happen if management doesn't allow to install blinds but yet u continue to install ? due to safety issues like children or pets may climb and fall ?

other than making you remove , what else can they do ?

what will happen if management doesn't allow to install blinds but yet u continue to install ? due to safety issues like children or pets may climb and fall ?

other than making you remove , what else can they do ?

Grille is allowed(Baywater). Within grille, you can install anything to your likes.

Anyway, putting grille over balcony is like buying an expensive branded and sophisicated camera but using only the basic functions. That is, $ is paid to something which you do not "enjoy". Of course, this is a "life-style" choice decision making model, to each his own.

In making asset purchasing decisions, I always use the principle of "swear" and "stretch" my $, esp residential property.

doesn't answer my question :bangwall:

One does not get the point does not mean the point itself did not address to a particular query or question.

"Exposed" balconies subject to sunlight/rain/wind. Sunlight(UV light) and rain(acid) kill/fade all materials(esp those of natural types)in no time, 6 months~2 yrs.

Once I stayed in Baywater, blk 810, 13th fl, balcony faced PIE, for 3yrs+. The exposed bal subjects to sun/rain/wind. The bal comes in semi-shape with planter and a guiding rail, total area "as big as" some 90sf-one of the reasons makeup my purchase.

Tot, I installed NOTHING, not to block the panoramic view (that make ppls to have bal, I supposed). I planted all sorts of miniture fruit trees and flowering plants in the planters -they enjoyed the sunlight/rain/wind. I put only one wooden rocking chair there, we sat on the floor, beside enjoying the view but also the wind, esp at nights.