Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kenkoh88

The Helping Hands Mover

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

We have used them several times and the service was good for that price.

However on the last time, after a couple of weeks, we check through the items and found our sofa leg broken and pasted back with masking tapes. :( I think this could happen to any moving company too, but just take note to check through your stuffs before and after moving.

Maybe next time will get a bigger firm and pay more for more assured services for the more expensive furniture.
Not blaming anyone. :)

Hi,

I wana share my unhappy experience with them.

As usual, I got the contact a thru the forum as there are a lot of positive comments about them so decided to give it a try.

I call Richard in end April arranging moving for end may moving ( note: 1 mth adv notice)

As I could not confirmed on the date, I booked him for 28 may.

He sounded aggressive and impatient and I keep telling myself must be courteous as he is really good as mentioned in the forum and also think positively that he maybe busy.

I finalized the date with him by end April that I need to change the date to 30 may again is adv 1 mth notice. He accepted and said that he has write down in his note book and I verified with him that if I need to call again and he claims that don't need to.

I SMS him on 7 may just to remind him for 30 may moving. Don't dare to call scare that I bothering him.

No reply from him....

SMS again on 26 may as the date is near ....shucks no reply again!!!

This time round I'm worried as if he don't show up I'm doom!!!

I called him a lot of times at least easily 7 times (AT LEAST) no one answering.

Today 28 may my final SMS to him if no reply by 10am I will have to call off the moving.

As expected no reply and no one picked up my call.

I really have no choice but quickly call a few more movers and is either they are booked for that day or the price is too high as is a last min arrangement. I'm super worried as is 2 more days to my moving and if I can't find any I die die need pay $650 for this so call "last min" job.

Fortunately I close the appt with faith moving. Though slightly more ex but at least I know they will come.

Well maybe mine is an isolated case or maybe Richard is really busy with something else that he can't reply.

BUT

I know that I won't use them anymore and would not recommend them to any of my friends!!!

My another worry is that they turn up on that day and sorry to say that they will have to go back.

That's all folks... Guess I'm the only posting for their bad review. Cheers.

I just got a quotation from Sunny for house moving. I'll be shifting the furniture & barang barang to 2 locations - mom's place and storage warehouse.

Quote given is as follows:

1) 1 and half lorry load = $450. ($300 per lorry load)

2) Dismantle beds = $60

3) Diversion (for going 2 places) = $30

4) Extra 30 boxes (first 20 boxes free) = $45

5) 7% GST

TOTAL MOVING COSTS = $625.95

Wah... and this is only the 1st moving required for me. After my new place is ready, will need another moving again for the furniture & barang from my mom's place & storage warehouse to new house. *faintz*

Now waiting for quotes from some other movers first before I decide whether to proceed with Helping Hands. :)

Edited by 3Dyms

I engaged them to move at the end of the month. The guy on the phone sounded very professional. Hope everything goes well. Will give an update after the move.

How was your after the move?

were you satisfied ?

Concerns about about delicate flooring are understandable. One option might be to get a huge roll of corrugated cardboard (the kind that contractors/IDs sometimes provide in the early stages of reno) and use that to provide a path for the movers to walk on. Secure edges with tape so that it doesn't slip. Alternatively, pay more for a company that'll promise more attention in this area.

Since they do charge significantly less than other companies, they probably make up for it by trying to be more efficient and do more jobs per day.

Satisfied with their moving services. Efficient and no fuss, came with the tools to do the work. Didn't see any damage to my flooring.

Hi all, so far for those who have used helping hand services, do you have experience like what Minerat said that they scratched your tiles and parquet? My new house also got parquet so i am quite worried.

helping hands came to move my house today. i would say they are efficient and good. highly recommended.

I engaged them to move at the end of the month. The guy on the phone sounded very professional. Hope everything goes well. Will give an update after the move.

I fully understand the wish that workers take off their shoes in your house. I also cringe when I think of dirty shoes walking on my new floor. But if we think about it objectively, does that not compromise their safety? I think it is SOP at all workplaces that shoes or even safety boots be worn when moving heavy objects. And our homes happen to be these people's workplaces.

Yes due to safety reason they have to wear shoes despite that we do not like shoes to be worn inside the new house. It happened in workplace, a staff was wearing slippers and was trying to move a metal cupboard, suddenly,the metal cupboard dropped and hit directly on his toe, he not only injured his foot, the nail was also gone and he was hospitalised for 2 weeks.

Edited by Velarine

Looking for a mover n saw this thread so I just called n book! Will come back n report after its done! Moving to EM

So they charge 25 for 1 level up!

Thank you The Helping Hands Movers ! They helped me in my house moving yesterday, the process was smooth, fast and efficient. It took about 3 hours to move everything from old to new house in 2 trips (1.5 load of truck). Total paid $420 + GST. At first, I was quite worry about they might damage my Osim UDivine massage chair, they have proved me wrong. They were so professional, everything was handled carefully. Thumbs up ! :thumbs up:

Thanks guys for all the info. I called richard and will be meeting him tomorrow. Will try to repay by submitting my experiences inthis forum. Cherios. :rolleyes:

For ur bed frame n wardrobe u dismantle ur own or ???

Going to move to new house only on 24 Oct. My ID and contractor will help me to dismantle the bed frame and bring to new house before moving for Interior fixing. Currently is a walk in wardrobe, so, no need to dismantle but got 1 normal wardrobe and 2 chest drawers cabinet which require no dismantle.

I did asked Sunny will he dismantle the bed frame for me ( before my ID said she will help me dismantle the bed frame) and he said yes, but not those furniture from Ikea. He said it is difficult to assemble the furniture after dismantling due to low quality of Ikea furniture.