Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tanlee

Advise On Measuring Vibration.

Hi.

My neighbour is rebuilding his house. 3+basement and attic.

My house is rather "old" and the foundation is build more than 30 years ago. During the phase of digging, is there anyway to install/buy/rent the device that measure vibration? I understand contractor normally install a device to measure vibration during the building of basement.

thanks,

tanlee.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi.

My neighbour is rebuilding his house. 3+basement and attic.

My house is rather "old" and the foundation is build more than 30 years ago. During the phase of digging, is there anyway to install/buy/rent the device that measure vibration? I understand contractor normally install a device to measure vibration during the building of basement.

thanks,

tanlee.

Why do you want to measure vibration?

You need not install them yourselves. Under BCA guidelines, if deep excavations or piling is involved, the contractor is required to install the instrumentation monitoring devices.

These may include measuring settlements, tilts, or vibrations. You will need to grant them access to your house if required.

It is also likely that they are required to do a pre-condition survey of your home prior to construction. You will need to grant them access for the photograph taking; otherwise any claims by you for alleged damages will be prejudiced.

You need not install them yourselves. Under BCA guidelines, if deep excavations or piling is involved, the contractor is required to install the instrumentation monitoring devices.

These may include measuring settlements, tilts, or vibrations. You will need to grant them access to your house if required.

It is also likely that they are required to do a pre-condition survey of your home prior to construction. You will need to grant them access for the photograph taking; otherwise any claims by you for alleged damages will be prejudiced.

Agree with Whisky. Usually, it is the piling phase that presents most of the issues related to vibration. Again, why do you wish to measure vibration? Even if there is strong vibration but if you suffer no damage, there will be no compensation.

Hi Whisky, how can i get my hands on these Guidelines? My neighbour is rebuilding their house and the pilling and have caused a lot of damage to my brick boundary wall(slanted with huge gaps), drive way and interior of the house.

They are building some kind of partial basement but it is not mentioned on the white board displayed outside.

Hi Whisky, how can i get my hands on these Guidelines? My neighbour is rebuilding their house and the pilling and have caused a lot of damage to my brick boundary wall(slanted with huge gaps), drive way and interior of the house.

They are building some kind of partial basement but it is not mentioned on the white board displayed outside.

I dont think the guidelines are made public; but are in the conditions when BCA grants the permit for the construction work.

Just call BCA quoting the project ref number listed on the white board.