Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
thedottyness

2+3 - Our 2Nd Home

The 2nd appointment is usually in the afternoon after 3pm, sometime can be as late as 4:30pm too.

The old couple should vacate the house for you to take over, they must hand their keys to you during the 2nd appointment. After that, go buy a bicycle chain with numbering lock and go to your new house, make sure it is vacated and lock it with the bicycle chain on the metal gate. Give the lock combination only to your main contractor/ID.

If found the place is not vacated, call your housing agent to contact their housing agent, force them out by reporting to town council and police. If they claim they need more time to move, i suggest you start charging rental and collect payment upfront.

they should be out by then or so they claim, anyway, reno will still commence nevertheless. they can witness the destruction of their home if they want.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

it is not legal if i dont allow them to use my address after i own the place. their letters are not my business.

i have tolerated enough. This is just setting up a trap for me. what pisses me off is that they offered us instead of me requesting from them. for this nonsense they did, my contractor is one going to be most affected not me. but unlike them, i feel bad because he has already arranged his man power for my place. now he has to cancel the permit and reapply again and re-notify the neighbours again, all these because some old man happily shoot his mouth off and decided that it is a bad idea...

aiyo... your case similar to mine, the Indian man that sold me his flat also shoot off his mouth saying can give me the key 1 month early for renovation, in the end want us to pay him $3000 to move out, we already have a plan B in place and didnt give in to his non-sense. We waited till 2nd appointment to get the key, when we happily go to the new house, he is bathing inside with his barangs still in the house. We called our housing agent which called his housing agent to come settle. In the end the whole drama settled at 7+pm with me locking the metal gate with the bicycle lock.

you pissed off is 1 thing, you still has to be socially responsible, throwing away their letters is not nice thing to do.

aiyo... your case similar to mine, the Indian man that sold me his flat also shoot off his mouth saying can give me the key 1 month early for renovation, in the end want us to pay him $3000 to move out, we already have a plan B in place and didnt give in to his non-sense. We waited till 2nd appointment to get the key, when we happily go to the new house, he is bathing inside with his barangs still in the house. We called our housing agent which called his housing agent to come settle. In the end the whole drama settled at 7+pm with me locking the metal gate with the bicycle lock.

you pissed off is 1 thing, you still has to be socially responsible, throwing away their letters is not nice thing to do.

I did not mention anything about throwing their letters away. I'm saying it's illegal since they like to harp on legalities. Some lawyer got jailed for doing that to register his kid into school. They want back their letters ask their lawyer to file a claim.

I dunno about you I certainly don't like to be played like a fool and still be accused. If you insuate that I'm breaking the law prove it. I'm not here to be bullied.

I did not mention anything about throwing their letters away. I'm saying it's illegal since they like to harp on legalities. Some lawyer got jailed for doing that to register his kid into school. They want back their letters ask their lawyer to file a claim.

I dunno about you I certainly don't like to be played like a fool and still be accused. If you insuate that I'm breaking the law prove it. I'm not here to be bullied.

Chill. I'm just sharing my thought, no need to get so upset. Smile!

It is a misunderstanding, I was quoting ayazumi on post #178 and share my thought; suddenly you came quoted me at post #179 and things spin off to this stage.

Edited by taichipanda

Chill. I'm just sharing my thought, no need to get so upset. Smile!

It is a misunderstanding, I was quoting ayazumi on post #178 and share my thought; suddenly you came quoted me at post #179 and things spin off to this stage.

I actually agree that it is not a nice thing to do, but since they go by law, i have to do the same. They claimed that asking your estate cleans help to throw bulky items is corruption!!!

I have a similar situation too, and its the agent who stir s***. We agreed with owner their moved out date to be 1mth before 2nd appt. this was agreed during signing of OTP. Owner is very kind and moved out on the agreed date. Then we need to get them to sign the indemnity form via their agent... Later agent called me and telling me nosence about it's not right, it's illegal bla bla bla!! And she don't want to pass me back the signed form. I told her off, this is what we agreed before we signed the OTP, its gentleman agreement! I even told her its fine if she dont pass me the form, reno will still start, any problem the owner will bear!!

I really don't understand why the agent have to iget involved, anybody knows??

So i really think in your case, the agent must have told them something to scare them!!

On the other hand, let them stay happily till the last day. I agreed its not easy to let go of the home filled with history!

Anyway, smooth sailing for your reno!

It's my personal viewonly. People give me problem, I give them problem too. They did not receive letters, that's their problem, not mine. It's not my letter, i throw away because they give me problem first. I won't have the time to go to post office or the nearest mail box to drop their letters. For such homeowners, I would not even want to see them after they move out. If they don't turn nasty, I also won't do the same.

I actually agree that it is not a nice thing to do, but since they go by law, i have to do the same. They claimed that asking your estate cleans help to throw bulky items is corruption!!!

:rofl: like that they can go report that i use $40 to bribe the town council workers to help me throw away 4 additional bulky items. :bow:

I have a similar situation too, and its the agent who stir s***. We agreed with owner their moved out date to be 1mth before 2nd appt. this was agreed during signing of OTP. Owner is very kind and moved out on the agreed date. Then we need to get them to sign the indemnity form via their agent... Later agent called me and telling me nosence about it's not right, it's illegal bla bla bla!! And she don't want to pass me back the signed form. I told her off, this is what we agreed before we signed the OTP, its gentleman agreement! I even told her its fine if she dont pass me the form, reno will still start, any problem the owner will bear!!

I really don't understand why the agent have to iget involved, anybody knows??

So i really think in your case, the agent must have told them something to scare them!!

On the other hand, let them stay happily till the last day. I agreed its not easy to let go of the home filled with history!

Anyway, smooth sailing for your reno!

Your case you can complaint the agent to CEA and suggest that agent to retake the RES exam.

It's my personal view only. People give me problem, I give them problem too. They did not receive letters, that's their problem, not mine. It's not my letter, i throw away because they give me problem first. I won't have the time to go to post office or the nearest mail box to drop their letters. For such homeowners, I would not even want to see them after they move out. If they don't turn nasty, I also won't do the same.

Respect your view; and here's mine.

Even if the previous owner (that Indian man) has given me so much headache on the 2nd appointment, i will not hold it against him. As a matter of fact, the Indian man did not leave his contact number with me to contact him to come pick up his mails, i have kept all his mails in a big carton box (if you like to see, i can show you), then one of these days i will drop them off at the post office with "No such person." written in red marker pen on every pieces of mail.

:rofl: like that they can go report that i use $40 to bribe the town council workers to help me throw away 4 additional bulky items. :bow:

Ya la! Bribery! Corruption! :rofl:

On the good good point... We saw them moving their things out this afternoon.

On the good good point... We saw them moving their things out this afternoon.

That's cool. Remember to buy a bicycle chain with numbering lock for the metal gate, cheap one just a few dollars. :yamseng:

wa this is really sad to hear sia......

issit possible to arrange to change the locks and letterbox locks on the day we get our keys?

wa this is really sad to hear sia......

issit possible to arrange to change the locks and letterbox locks on the day we get our keys?

Change letterbox lock only $20. This town council lists the prices for common works n who to contact.

Respect your view; and here's mine.

Even if the previous owner (that Indian man) has given me so much headache on the 2nd appointment, i will not hold it against him. As a matter of fact, the Indian man did not leave his contact number with me to contact him to come pick up his mails, i have kept all his mails in a big carton box (if you like to see, i can show you), then one of these days i will drop them off at the post office with "No such person." written in red marker pen on every pieces of mail.

Actually theres a return box among your block's mailbox. Drop there can liao. Don't waste space that you paid precious psf $$ for.