Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
thedottyness

2+3 - Our 2Nd Home

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

From the photos, the original place looks well maintained. R u keeping part of the stairs, the parquet steps? R u erecting store under staircase?

Edited by potatoes

they left the curtains for you???

YAR! zzz.. i suspect they can't take it down.. will reveal "defects"

From the photos, the original place looks well maintained. R u keeping part of the stairs, the parquet steps? R u erecting store under staircase?

yup. keeping the steps.. alto it isn't very leveled.. but the wood is in good condition la. so wanna save $$$.

yes.. def. building the store under the staircase.. utility room turning into a maid's room.

Edited by thedottyness

YAR! zzz.. i suspect they can't take it down.. will reveal "defects"

yup. keeping the steps.. alto it isn't very leveled.. but the wood is in good condition la. so wanna save $$$.

yes.. def. building the store under the staircase.. utility room turning into a maid's room.

hahaahha....the curtains can donate away lah. looks like quite good condition leh.

if parquet wood still good condition, then no need to hack. keep it loh.

hahaahha....the curtains can donate away lah. looks like quite good condition leh.

if parquet wood still good condition, then no need to hack. keep it loh.

the curtains good condition.. but the way they fix it up.. there's no way to easily take it down.

its ok lah.. our contractor went abit crazy with his marker and crossing out the whole house.. ROFL

the curtains good condition.. but the way they fix it up.. there's no way to easily take it down.

its ok lah.. our contractor went abit crazy with his marker and crossing out the whole house.. ROFL

big big reno you are doing. hahaahah.... all the best!

thanks for all the good luck(s). we really need it. every modification seem to have a jump in price! XD

we will be overhauling all the 3 toilets.. i've got no idea why they left us boxes of junk but after all the trouble they've caused, it seems easier to just throw on their behalf............. *sssssigh*

64f7bdb0.jpg

10bb3c48.jpg

b4b8bc06.jpg

Day #1

Can't believe this morning everything seem just so normal. i was sitting on the stairs while waiting for our contractor.. We decided NOT to use an ID neither did we scout around for contractor quotes. It did cross our minds that by buying an original flat, it's like a blank canvas to do anything but practicality won over as we wanted it to be a home and not a house.

4bed65ff.jpg

Our contractor does everything in one SPEED - FAST! He took his marker and started drawing little x on the house.. He managed to obtain our hacking permit FAST, so in the next few days, the utility room wall and the kitchen entrance wall will be hacked away and modified to what we want.. With each x he cross, my heart jumps.. coz I can imagine each x means more $$$ added to the final bill.

5a7fac2e.jpg

This evening, my husband went back in to check the progress.. All the build-ins etc were taken down. Most of the floor and wall tiles were hacked.. Balcony's sliding door and tiles are gone too.. Gloomy house no more!

dfb849bd.jpg

Wah... Everything gone.... I m sure the feeling is good to see all these old stuff gone. Now awaiting to see your transformation into a beautiful home :)

Wah... Everything gone.... I m sure the feeling is good to see all these old stuff gone. Now awaiting to see your transformation into a beautiful home :)

Hee hee. Yes. Can't wait for the new stuff to be in!

Day #2

Everything is hacked!!! Yay!

My new kitchen entrance.. Two door glass panels will be installed..

1543b887.jpg

New entrance for the maid's room (utility room).. The other old entrance will be sealed up.

7942f486.jpg

What's left is... For the stair rails to be taken down and clearing of the debris.

Day #3

Debri has been cleared. Everything look so empty. Brought my "ID"s (parents) to view the progress. They gave some really good ideas and I requested them to draw for the contractor... As they say a picture can be a thousand words.

e8bb76ab.jpg

Day #4

Met up with contractor again. Trying to tell him all the changes we want done. Can see his eyes glazing over with the info overload. Kekekekeke~ *still not happy with my super over budget kitchen*

25666fa6.jpg

I want it to be white as snow..... Can?! Or shld I settle for this?! *sigh* kitchen is in 5 digits already. >.<

Edited by thedottyness