Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Our First Home At Cck

I checked in the paintings... :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: Ya.. I know I took a risk.

The paintings are not that big. Slightly smaller than A2. And since the paintings are already framed up and they are not too ex. And I'm lazy to go frame the paintings and I'm also cheapskate to pay more for framing, so I took this risk. I had the seller put both paintings facing each other. Paper wrap it. Then double bubble wrap it. Had the airport staff put a fragile sticker on it. And pray... :good: :good:

But if I bought larger paintings or more expensive one, I will probably roll it up.

:sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: Just came back from HK, bought 17 pcs of blurays(hkd49/pc, decent price to me) :dribble:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

:sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: Just came back from HK, bought 17 pcs of blurays(hkd49/pc, decent price to me) :dribble:

Wow!! :jawdrop: :jawdrop: That's cheap!

I checked in the paintings... :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: Ya.. I know I took a risk.

The paintings are not that big. Slightly smaller than A2. And since the paintings are already framed up and they are not too ex. And I'm lazy to go frame the paintings and I'm also cheapskate to pay more for framing, so I took this risk. I had the seller put both paintings facing each other. Paper wrap it. Then double bubble wrap it. Had the airport staff put a fragile sticker on it. And pray... :good: :good:

But if I bought larger paintings or more expensive one, I will probably roll it up.

heehee.....you attempted something i did not dare to try. ok will try this next time.

Hi Muzamm, the prices for electrical are break down into 2 category usually. Concealed or Non-Concealed. I think u can find the prices in the forums. How much does your contractor charged u, care to share?

hi and888, he say about 1k for 3 points(conceal) for my wall fan. im not sure if thats the standard price. but kind of rip off ley... what do u think?!

I don't have a breakdown price but I did not spend more than $1.8k for the wiring charges for the whole house.

he charge me 1k for 3 points conceal. for my wall fan... what do you think? rip off? also he say its illegal... really ah?

he charge me 1k for 3 points conceal. for my wall fan... what do you think? rip off? also he say its illegal... really ah?

IMO, each fan point seems more expensive than an aircon point.

Edited by and888

Hi kim76,

Managed to get my full load of amazon stuff. My husband was off to US for a trip and so ordered all stuff we needed and got them delivered to the hotel he was staying at. ..including the Mirage omnipolar center and 6x nanosat speakers :sport-smiley-018:

Too bad I couldn't wait to coincide with black Friday week.

Signed up amazon prime free 1-month trial membership and got inland shipping waived too...

Got the 3m filter which you bought as well..but plumber came and said mine very difficult to connect with my hansgrohe kitchen faucet. Called smc distributor but was told that the connectors you were using are not food grade and meant for pneumatic air flow..was in fact advised against using it for drinking water. Not sure if true...will check with smc again tomorrow. You may want to check it out too...

Love the magic holder. Very versatile to hang all sorts of diameter poles.

Cheers,

Luxray

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000JFNA4Y/ref=oh_details_o01_s01_i00

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001GI9EE8/ref=oh_details_o01_s02_i00

heehee.....you attempted something i did not dare to try. ok will try this next time.

When we got our canvas painting from Bali, we also brought back pretty much the same way as kim76. In the original cheap wood frame, bubble wrapped properly and checked in as fragile. The frame wasnt broken too when we received it.

Cheers,

Hi kim76,

Managed to get my full load of amazon stuff. My husband was off to US for a trip and so ordered all stuff we needed and got them delivered to the hotel he was staying at. ..including the Mirage omnipolar center and 6x nanosat speakers :sport-smiley-018:

Too bad I couldn't wait to coincide with black Friday week.

Signed up amazon prime free 1-month trial membership and got inland shipping waived too...

Got the 3m filter which you bought as well..but plumber came and said mine very difficult to connect with my hansgrohe kitchen faucet. Called smc distributor but was told that the connectors you were using are not food grade and meant for pneumatic air flow..was in fact advised against using it for drinking water. Not sure if true...will check with smc again tomorrow. You may want to check it out too...

Love the magic holder. Very versatile to hang all sorts of diameter poles.

Cheers,

Luxray

Oh my.... U did quite a bit of shopping... Envy your speaker purchases... :dribble:

Not food grade ah.... NO wonder I seem to drop more hairs nowadays.... :furious:

Let me know if SMC get back to you on wat connectors to get. Thanks thanks!! :bow: :bow:

I love my magic holder too! Ya... come to think of it. I still need to hang up my 2nd magic holder :D :D

When we got our canvas painting from Bali, we also brought back pretty much the same way as kim76. In the original cheap wood frame, bubble wrapped properly and checked in as fragile. The frame wasnt broken too when we received it.

Cheers,

I love the paintings from Bali!! :dribble: :dribble:

I basically fell in love with those green and yellow padi fields paintings... But they can be quite expensive. Around $200-300 for one. That why I did not get any.

What type of painting you got? Any recommended shop to visit in case I plan to go next year? :dribble: :dribble:

Oh my.... U did quite a bit of shopping... Envy your speaker purchases... :dribble:

Not food grade ah.... NO wonder I seem to drop more hairs nowadays.... :furious:

Let me know if SMC get back to you on wat connectors to get. Thanks thanks!! :bow: :bow:

I love my magic holder too! Ya... come to think of it. I still need to hang up my 2nd magic holder :D :D

Buy lo... :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

I love the paintings from Bali!! :dribble: :dribble:

I basically fell in love with those green and yellow padi fields paintings... But they can be quite expensive. Around $200-300 for one. That why I did not get any.

What type of painting you got? Any recommended shop to visit in case I plan to go next year? :dribble: :dribble:

Hi Kim76,

Bali Ubud is a good place to get nice paintings from..though you must be prepared to bargain like crazy. I love my canvas painting, brightly colored and intricately painted. I got this piece from an artist centre in ubud, where there were many artists gathered and their art pieces displayed. Even had pix taken with the artist of the painting i bought.

balipix.th.jpg

Cheers,

Luxray

Hi Kim76,

Bali Ubud is a good place to get nice paintings from..though you must be prepared to bargain like crazy. I love my canvas painting, brightly colored and intricately painted. I got this piece from an artist centre in ubud, where there were many artists gathered and their art pieces displayed. Even had pix taken with the artist of the painting i bought.

Cheers,

Luxray

Thanks! I prob will make a trip next year to see see look look... :yamseng: :yamseng:

Black friday is next week! Anyone got any stuff to buy? I am cracking my head to search Amazon for things to buy.

Please share the stuff you are aiming..... Like a wise man once says, "Sharing is caring" :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

My wish list

Alien Anthology [blu-ray]

This is the 6 discs set! :dribble:

41SSv58iflL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Terminator Anthology [blu-ray]

517cylpeDTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The Ultimate Matrix Collection [blu-ray]

413qZ1A8bnL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Looking at this but it is only released in Dec... :furious:

The Dark Knight Trilogy (Batman Begins / The Dark Knight / The Dark Knight Rises) [blu-ray]

51qgHmJkzaL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I hope they will discount lots lots next week! :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by kim76

Acu Rite Indoor Humidity Monitor

I know I got 2 of these. Love it so much and I wanna buy 3 more!

51enRFUnxXL._SS40_.jpg

Logitech Wireless Marathon Mouse M705 With 3-year Battery Life Previously I got a Logitech Wireless Anywhere Mouse MX and I love this mouse! Now my office mouse is going cranky and hr going to replace with another lousy mouse. So I think I will pamper myself with a new mouse... :dribble:

91YKLZjbKEL._SL1500_.jpg

Plan to get this for overseas travel but I don't think there is discount ever for Bose... :furious: I had put this in my wish list for 2 years and the price never changed! Sian dao....

Bose® QuietComfort® 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling® Headphones

61TeCWgRKGL._SL1000_.jpg

humangear GoToob Travel Bottle, Clear/Blue/Green, Medium (2 oz)

Want to buy some nice containers to put my shampoo n shower for overseas trip. Local selling quite ex.

41pXbHE3GPL.jpg

Casio Men's GW4000-1A G-Shock Shock Resistant Black Resin Analog Sport Watch

Waiting for the price to drop!

71RcN%2Bkf3kL._SL1333_.jpg

Edited by kim76