Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
etc

Kim Tian Green - Minimalist

Miinimalist master bedroom with walk-in closet. Walk-in closet was ID's idea for more storage and to make the MBR look bigger.

1dd52d27.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Reno finally started last month, these are the furniture picked up by the designer.

b170781b.jpg

I like the colour palette but the swirly legs of the coffee table aren't really minimalist, don't you think?

Will you be having like any feature wall or something? BTW, I heard that doing a cement screed flooring will have cracks in it after awhile due to movement of the building. If that is the case, then cleaning and maintenance will be a headache, unless you patch the cracks up. Not too sure if it is true, perhaps those who have cement screed flooring could advise?

Edited by Confidential

Went appliance shopping today and keeping in mind the tiny kitchen space, chose this skinny Hitachi fridge to fit in with the minimalist theme. Straight clean lines and no obstrusive handles on this fridge.

154fff8b.jpg

There really are no good looking washer/dryer combo washing machines, the only design I can live with is this Hitachi front-loading washing machine. More functional than minimalist.

02babe0d.jpg

Edited by etc

Will you be having like any feature wall or something? BTW, I heard that doing a cement screed flooring will have cracks in it after awhile due to movement of the building. If that is the case, then cleaning and maintenance will be a headache, unless you patch the cracks up. Not too sure if it is true, perhaps those who have cement screed flooring could advise?

Won't be having a feature wall to reduce clutter and to keep the space clean. There are gaps on the floor between each room (living room and bedrooms) to allow the cement floor to expand and contract.

There's only one minimalist fan in the market and it's the haiku ceiling fan. Got this for the living room and bedrooms.

e7b58cc2.jpg

The ID designed the whole apartment and selected all the furniture and fittings, but to cut cost we decided to leave my parents' room alone. Who knew built-in custom made furniture are so expensive?

So I get to play designer for my parents' room!

I'm a big fan of Japanese minimalism and Muji, so I selected the following pieces for the room.

Minimalist Muji Ash bed with high headboard.

3a407c85.jpg

Minimalist Muji Ash chest of drawers.

7150f0d6.jpg

Minimalist Muji Ash dresser with stool.

4dc4c308.jpg

It was fun playing designer for a room. If I had my way the whole house would be filled with Muji furniture.

Edited by etc

Let there be light!

Finally the lights are up this week so I can take some pictures of the renovation in progress.

Non visible cove lights are the designer's trademark, as you can see from these pictures.

Edited by etc

I love it, the whole place feels like an art gallery or shrine due to the shiny cement floor and cove lights.

Can't wait to see the finished product!

Edited by etc