Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

[

Haha, is your house under renovation? Why you can't find a corner to have these tiles?

I actually got the inspiration from this site. Their tiles are a lot nicer!

http://www.atticmag.com/2012/03/patterned-tile-backsplashes/

:yamseng:

I renovated my kitchen and 2 bathrooms last year after staying here for 15 years. Will do the living room and bedrooms when my bank account recovers, :unsure: So every now and then I peek into this forum to look see what others are doing. Not adventurous enough to use the tiles on the entire living room or bedroom floor area, and there isn't a small corner (like a balcony or something) in my house. So when I saw you using them on your kitchen wall, :dribble: Too bad, my kitchen done up already.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I have yr living room fan in my guest room. My living room fan same as my mbr. Not wooden blade but somehow the wind speed not very fast or cannot generate enough wind. Makes me really hot!

Didn't see yr mbr fan. Show and let me see?

My electrician has not installed the MBR fan yet. Show you later when it's up ya. I also don't remember exactly how it looks like now.. hahaha

I like your pendant lamp and Legrand switch and socket.

Hi ahlipz, thanks for the like! Hehe the pendant lamp is from ikea. But heard that it is discontinued now.

Ya, we like the switch and socket too. Grateful that our contractor let us have these!

I renovated my kitchen and 2 bathrooms last year after staying here for 15 years. Will do the living room and bedrooms when my bank account recovers, :unsure: So every now and then I peek into this forum to look see what others are doing. Not adventurous enough to use the tiles on the entire living room or bedroom floor area, and there isn't a small corner (like a balcony or something) in my house. So when I saw you using them on your kitchen wall, :dribble: Too bad, my kitchen done up already.

Oh i see.. too bad then.. Nevermind, you can do it for your next house or when you are tired of your kitchen design!

There are many times when we see what other people have for their houses are very nice and want to incorporate those ideas in our house too.. but we really need to consider whether it matches the overall theme. In fact, we missed out a lot of good stuff that we wanted too. Have to let them go as they don't match and not suitable for our current house.

Edited by ValerieLow

My electrician has not installed the MBR fan yet. Show you later when it's up ya. I also don't remember exactly how it looks like now.. hahaha

Hi ahlipz, thanks for the like! Hehe the pendant lamp is from ikea. But heard that it is discontinued now.

ok, will wait for the photo. but the one you have in your living room is good lah. the wind is quite strong. like i said, i prefer that to the one in my mbr. hehehe....

didn't know ikea have such nice pendant light. nice! :thumbs up:

End of Week 5 19/05/2012

This morning when we made a trip up, I heard running water sound in the house. To my horror, the common toilet pipe was broken and the water leaking out from the pipe behind the sewage pipe! :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

IMG303a.jpg

Hubby tried to connect back the pipe that has fallen down, but he was not able to, so he quickly turned off the main water pipe downstairs. We informed our contractor about the leakage. To our surprise, he immediately came to our house to investigate the issue.

I think the water has been running like that since yesterday. Heartache so much water was wasted. :(

I am surprise why your plumber never install cut off valve for that pipe so your husband no need to run downstair to OFF the main. If OFF main means whole house no water. From your incoming main from downstair, your plumber should run separate pipes for various group of water appliances, and a cut off valve must be install at every pipe leading the the group of appliances and another cut off valve at each appliances (washer, water heater, WC, bidet spray, basin, kitchen sink, filter system... etc).

I can show you the water piping at my place if you want to see so you know what to expect from your plumber. I have a feeling your plumber is shortchanging you.

I think there is a valve for the pipes, just that if this situation happens to me, I will also panic, and first thing comes into my mind is run downstair and off the main pipe to stop the water overflow. I won't have the time to think of which valve to turn off

I am surprise why your plumber never install cut off valve for that pipe so your husband no need to run downstair to OFF the main. If OFF main means whole house no water. From your incoming main from downstair, your plumber should run separate pipes for various group of water appliances, and a cut off valve must be install at every pipe leading the the group of appliances and another cut off valve at each appliances (washer, water heater, WC, bidet spray, basin, kitchen sink, filter system... etc).

I can show you the water piping at my place if you want to see so you know what to expect from your plumber. I have a feeling your plumber is shortchanging you.

I think there is a valve for the pipes, just that if this situation happens to me, I will also panic, and first thing comes into my mind is run downstair and off the main pipe to stop the water overflow. I won't have the time to think of which valve to turn off

There are valves at each joint. We tried to turn off the valve but it doesn't help!! The quickest way is to go downstairs and turn off the main pipe. I don't know what went wrong. Contractor has already scolded the careless plumber.

There are valves at each joint. We tried to turn off the valve but it doesn't help!! The quickest way is to go downstairs and turn off the main pipe. I don't know what went wrong. Contractor has already scolded the careless plumber.

ask contractor to pay for the water. heee

Week 6 21/05/2012

After work, we hurried to the house to check out the progress as today the kitchen cabinet will be up.

The first thing i notice was the lights were also up. I was shocked as the MBR fan was the wrong fan!!

We ordered a white blade fan but was given a pine wood colour blade!! :jawdrop::jawdrop:

I was furious but it was also part of our fault as we didn't check in detail when we receive the fan. :furious::furious:

Tomorrow need to call up the lighting shop and inform them about this.

Okay, let's have a sneak preview of the kitchen cabinet.

DSC01071.jpg

Now can see your special tiles as backsplash, really looks do nice!! Makes me want to cook in yr kitchen. Haha

Hahaha.. thanks for the compliment. I think my mom will be very happy to do the cooking in the kitchen too. :D

Well, I don't know how to cook.. but now I have my own kitchen i think i will have the motivation to learn. :P

Woa..those nice tiles give kitchen character. Like it like it... :)

Thanks OnTheRoad. We are thinking whether to add nice sleek handles to the cabinet.