Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Akitsuki

Serangoon North Renovation By Defong Interior Design

Hi,

Been reading your t-blog from page 1 to current 20 and indeed alot of stuff needs to be taken care of when it comes to renovation. Some useful tips and advise here and there, i must say is really informative to read up other t-blog to find out more....

I gathered some useful information for my coming new home....waiting for keys collection. Meanwhile, read up to get more ideas for my future home.....

Was curious to know what is the progress of your DIY 'big cage pendantlamp'? Hoping to see the finished product so i can also DIY for my home :notti:

Hi bincho. Thanks for your patience and dropping by. We hope we don't feed you with wrong information.

Our DIY bird cages are sitting at one corner, ready anytime to be installed. We should be able to show everyone some pictures of the lightings and the bird cages this weekends. Since major renovation work will be completed by this week, we intend to arrange our electrician to fix the lightings, DB box, and sockets/plugs either this Friday or Saturday/Sunday. Remember to drop by again this weekend as we will be reviewing our DIY project very soon :yeah:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Our DIY bird cages are sitting at one corner, ready anytime to be installed. We should be able to show everyone some pictures of the lightings and the bird cages this weekends. Since major renovation work will be completed by this week, we intend to arrange our electrician to fix the lightings, DB box, and sockets/plugs either this Friday or Saturday/Sunday. Remember to drop by again this weekend as we will be reviewing our DIY project very soon :yeah:

Yeah... Looking forward to see the birdcage pendant lamp.

DAY THIRTY-FOUR

We thought the same painters will be coming to paint the doors, so Hubby rushed home during lunch, hoping to meet the painters to ask them touch up the chocolate wall, but was surprised to see it was another batch of people who did the painting for doors, change lock, and the window handles. We changed the window handles not because they were rusty, but because the "paint" color of the handles dropped, so we thought it would be better to change the window handles to a new set, so that the overall would look better.

There you go, we opt to paint the room doors in white. Classic wood doors don't look so bad, right? Veneer doors are too expensive, the next best alternative is to get solid classic doors, which is still cheaper than semi-hollow veneer doors. Using minimal costs to choose the best quality. Plus it matches our main door since HDB provides only classic fire-rated doors, it will look nicer if all the rooms are classic doors too :good:

1-1.png

Pardon me if the chocolate wall isn't the same as the design posted earlier. The chocolate might not be dark enough, or shiny enough to reflect the ideal design. I doubt even if I place a warm light bulb at the corridor, the light cannot shine to the chocolate wall as there is a low beam in between MBR and study room doors. Placing track light or spot light in the living room looks redundant too. Our living room has two big ceiling lights, too many lights will make the small living room look crowded. This is the best that we can achieve - 90% similarity. Too bad, Nippon vinyl silk does not come in brown color! Limited color choices. For Dulux paint, I am not sure if Singapore Dulux is carrying these two paints - Dulux Design Metallic and Dulux Design Pearl paint, I cannot find the paint from their book or online catalogue. However, Dulux does sell these two paints in Australia, and it is in Dulux Australia website. Check this out: Dulux Australia

How does the Dulux Design Metallic and Dulux Design Pearl works? Simple easy step, watch this video below:

Edited by ayazumi

paint liao mean renovation going end soon :good: :good:

Yes Nimzo. Renovation is ending soon. The handover date is on 24 April, but we can only move in on 6 May.

I use the 3M command, it's very good leh. One year also never fall down. I think suppose to paste on wall and wait for a while before u hang. So that the tape can "eat" into the wall before u hang loh.

I also use 3M command excellent! I use it to hang my pictures too.

Yes Nimzo. Renovation is ending soon. The handover date is on 24 April, but we can only move in on 6 May.

Why 6may?fengshui date?

My Reno now going into plastering

Hope can Finnish by 1st week of may

Wow urs is really fast? The bedroom wardrobe also up already?

Hi bincho. Thanks for your patience and dropping by. We hope we don't feed you with wrong information.

Will drop by again next week for updates and pic, heehee

meanwhile will continue to read your blog :)

Wow urs is really fast? The bedroom wardrobe also up already?

chemical wash is today, tomorrow will be carpentry.. hopefully friday/sat can call electrician to finish the installation of switch and lights.. and a few tiles need to be rectified in the kitchens, touching up of grouting and paint.. hmm... all i can say is 7-7-8-8 liao..i guess there wont be any major hiccups now..

Why 6may?fengshui date?

My Reno now going into plastering

Hope can Finnish by 1st week of may

yup yup.. fengshui date to move in according to our zodiac signs.. and we are not suppose to do anymore reno work after 5th may for at least 2 wks..

after plastering everything will move very fast liao.. but have to depend on ur painting also.. darker tone very hard to paint evenly.. ours got so many coat and yet still uneven.. :(