Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Akitsuki

Serangoon North Renovation By Defong Interior Design

May: Now I know why you want to keep your distance away. I saw the link Albert has given, the Switzerland sinks look so atas, I don't have money to buy too. Need to keep my distance away too. :~

hahahaha... i already googled for the brand before the link was given. But that is not the reason i want to keep my distance. hehehe..... but its another reason to keep away.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hahahaha... i already googled for the brand before the link was given. But that is not the reason i want to keep my distance. hehehe..... but its another reason to keep away.

We know :notti:

May: Now I know why you want to keep your distance away. I saw the link Albert has given, the Switzerland sinks look so atas, I don't have money to buy too. Need to keep my distance away too. :~

i can only drool......

i can only drool......

drool simi drool.. each to his own mah.. some people like to spend more money on house spend less on furnishing, some like to spend the other way... happy can liao.

drool simi drool.. each to his own mah.. some people like to spend more money on house spend less on furnishing, some like to spend the other way... happy can liao.

*where's the like button for this?!*

Looks like magic sponge can only work on smooth surfaces, not on leather surface. I know a better way to clean the stain on her bag! Buy Pilot Frixion pen! Use the friction eraser to clean the stain.

nod nod! the magic sponge cannot remove the stain on leather thou :( but others is really good. even tough yellow stains or pen stain, add some water onto the sponge = like new. hahahaha

nod nod! the magic sponge cannot remove the stain on leather thou :( but others is really good. even tough yellow stains or pen stain, add some water onto the sponge = like new. hahahaha

Totally agree... I just love that magic sponge.... The only problem..... It slowly disappears after each rub. I also use it to remove stubborn stains, simply great! 

DAY THIRTEEN

It has nothing to do about Friday the 13. It is just another renovation day - lucky 13.

Both of us were playing guessing game since yesterday night: "Which room will the tiler start to lay the tiles today?" 吃饱没事情做

And the answer is... the tiler starts to lay the living room tiles first (Hubby wins the guessing game)

IMG-20120327-WA0002.jpg

We were told not to go into the house tonight, or for at least this week because the floor tiles may take some time to dry, and if we step on the tiles, we may cause hollowness of the tiles. To avoid hollowness, we cannot go into the house for at least one week. As we have earlier mentioned, we have good feelings that the tiling work may complete by this week, and today our contractor informed us the same thing too. Things are really progressing very fast. Unfortunately, we may not have much things to update this week. Hopefully our contractor will update us on the daily progress and send us pictures, so we can keep everyone here updated too.

We were informed that the carpenter was here today to take the measurement of the carpentry works.

IMG-20120327-WA0000.jpg

The storeroom door frame has also installed

IMG-20120327-WA0001.jpg

Tonight no updates for everyone as we cannot step into the house. Stay tune!

Edited by ayazumi

BAD NEWS

We suspect the common toilet pipe is leaking as previously the pipe was tied with a piece of cloth. We are not sure where the leakage is, so we asked our contractor to check. As the toilet water proofing is still wet, he cannot enter into the common toilet to take a look, but looking at the water mark, he suspects the leakage comes from upstairs! Still not 100% until we can take a better look at the pipe when the water proofing is dry.

OH MY GOODNESS! We heard that if there is leakage from above neighbour, the cost is split 50-50 between upstairs and downstairs home owners. That means additional costs to us?! :furious: It is really very unfair loh! Upstairs neighbour get new water proofing, new toilet floor tiles, new toilet bowl, but paying 50% cost, and for us? We get nothing but to pay 50% to HDB?! Tomorrow hubby is going to call the HDB, see what they say.

2012-03-25111615.jpg

Edited by ayazumi

no need to drool lah, really is to each his own. i like to spend on furnishing and usually got them at cheap price, just like my renovation. maybe next year i lend you my trade passes for the IFFS/AFS, Deco Asia and The Hospitality Show.

BAD NEWS

We suspect the common toilet pipe is leaking as previously the pipe was tied with a piece of cloth. We are not sure where the leakage is, so we asked our contractor to check. As the toilet water proofing is still wet, he cannot enter into the common toilet to take a look, but looking at the water mark, he suspects the leakage comes from upstairs! Still not 100% until we can take a better look at the pipe when the water proofing is dry.

OH MY GOODNESS! We heard that if there is leakage from above neighbour, the cost is split 50-50 between upstairs and downstairs home owners. That means additional costs to us?! :furious: It is really very unfair loh! Upstairs neighbour get new water proofing, new toilet floor tiles, new toilet bowl, but paying 50% cost, and for us? We get nothing but to pay 50% to HDB?! Tomorrow hubby is going to call the HDB, see what they say.

the split is okay.. but u must go and get the subsidy from mp if possible.

my prev. place i paid in total of 300++ for the upstairs two toilets! GAH! and all i got was patch work to my leaks.

the split is okay.. but u must go and get the subsidy from mp if possible.

my prev. place i paid in total of 300++ for the upstairs two toilets! GAH! and all i got was patch work to my leaks.

After subsidy still need to pay $300++? :jawdrop:

After subsidy still need to pay $300++? :jawdrop:

imagine the cost is "without" subsidy?!

they subsidize 50% of the cost.. den u and ur neighbour will share the remaining 50%

however, one of u.. (u or ur neighbour) must go queue and get mp's letter for the subsidy!

imagine the cost is "without" subsidy?!

they subsidize 50% of the cost.. den u and ur neighbour will share the remaining 50%

however, one of u.. (u or ur neighbour) must go queue and get mp's letter for the subsidy!

i think hdb will come to check and if its hdb bad quality, then no need to pay. but if its bad maintenance by upstairs, then you will need to pay 50%