Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Akitsuki

Serangoon North Renovation By Defong Interior Design

Can't wait to see your tile effect in your living room! We will be selecting tiles on Monday, but only have 3 hrs to decide. Hopefully we can make decision fast.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Is there a pipe near your fridge in the kitchen? That day my contractor visited our flat and he said there might be a pipe there and needs to be boxed up.

Good morning all! It looks like everyone is as excited as me, especially on weekends, it is our SUNDAY SHOPPING!

Did you get your electrician or Kelvin's electrician to lay the cat 6 cables and LAN points?

Hi paladin, we didn't engage Kevin's electrician to do the electrical rewiring or the LAN cables. We outsourced the electrical works to another electrician, who gave us better quote for electrical works. So far, we have only paid $800 to him for purchase of materials. We were afraid he might not have enough money to pay for the materials because we were really asking for many electrical points, but he said it was okay for now, if he really needs more money for the materials, then we top up. We will pay him for his labour after completion. At first we were not sure if he really knows how to terminate LAN cables into faceplate connectors, but he said he knew how to do it, so we let him do it. Or else, we are okay to use wireless too.

Hi Aki & Aya :thumbs up: Thanks for dropping by my blog too..

Seems like your carpenter is not that "flexible" haha cost normally will charge by per foot run. Mine was ok with any combinations but of cos not to the extend of Blum hinges or those extra pullout systems. Anyway they offered me "China Blum" :dancingqueen:

Anyway, I think to have those deep drawers should not be too much to ask for. Keep nego..gd luck!

Hi revox. (Latest update): Initially we need to top up additional cost if we want to change bottom cabinets to drawers. Hubby managed to negotiate to change the one door to two drawers. Our contractor didn't charge us for this request. :sport-smiley-018: We can say he is quite flexible of our small request.

Can't wait to see your tile effect in your living room! We will be selecting tiles on Monday, but only have 3 hrs to decide. Hopefully we can make decision fast.

Is there a pipe near your fridge in the kitchen? That day my contractor visited our flat and he said there might be a pipe there and needs to be boxed up.

Hi Valerie, we can't wait to see the tile effects too. Now it's all covered up, we can only see after Monday. Hopefully the beige tiles will not be too dull. Don't rush yourself on choosing the tiles. If the outlet has limited tiles, then you won't take too much time to choose too. Pick those tiles which are within your quoted price, then you will know the number of tiles you can choose is very limited, unless you don't mind to top up the difference for the tiles that you like.

There is no pipe beside the fridge, but there are two pipes beside the sink. The pipes will be boxed up. It will be better for you if you box up the pipes because your fridge is beside the pipe. So if anything happens to the pipe, it won't damage your fridge.

Edited by ayazumi

I thought of that and I asked for drawers. (Edited): Initially we need to top up if we want drawers, however, after Hubby managed to negotiate to change the one door to two drawers. Our contractor didn't charge us for this request. :sport-smiley-018:

oh i see. my contractor did not say a thing when i handed him the cabinet drawing.....lol. he is very nice to me.

p.s. don't forget to ask for heavy duty soft closing hinges....especially on the deeper drawers. the can food, drinks and rice container are heavy when put together.

Dear readers,

we have received a number of private messages about the electrician. However, we apologise we cannot provide the contact to you as the electrician is currently doing many projects, so he cannot take on additional M&E works.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused.

END OF DAY EIGHTEEN

Today, we gave our confirmation on kitchen cabinet design, laminate, and paint colors.

Kitchen cabinet laminate. The body will be white, and the doors will be this laminate color. The drawing is not revised yet, so please visualise that the one door will become two drawers beside the four short drawers. Can't wait to see the final product :wub:

2012-04-01211245.jpg

There is a slight change to the MBR built-in wardrobe design too. We requested to remove the small shelves and replaced them for a long pole as I need a longer pole to hang my clothes.

This is before:

IMG-20120331-WA0007-1.jpg

This is after:

IMG-20120401-WA0000.jpg

And we have chosen this laminate for the wardrobe. Will be doing full door laminate; no glass or mirror.

2012-04-01211310.jpg

Edited by ayazumi

EVERYDAY IS SUNDAY SHOPPING

Today, we went to Ikea to purchase the kitchen and bathroom accessories. On top of that, we also took note of the study tables and book shelves that we want to purchase at later stage.

Some of the items that we have purchased in Ikea:

ORE Shower curtain rod x 2, and Eggegrund Shower curtain (white)x 2 (One of Common, One for MBR toilet)

eggegrund-shower-curtain__0123576_PE279767_S4.jpg

Grundtal Drying rack, to be wall-mounted above the rubbish chute

2012-03-15091945.jpg

We went to Courts Megastore after Ikea shopping. Initially wanted to purchase a smaller TV to place in MBR, but we can't find a suitable drawer to fit in our MBR, so we didn't purchase the TV. We saw Corelle cutlery on 20% sale, but we didn't buy. Nice Corelle cutlery designs (21-22 pieces) cost around $180-$230. We found the last set of Corelle cutlery (18 pieces),which cost $99, but we didn't buy. We wanted to use the free $200 Taka voucher to purchase the utensils and cutlery from Taka, so that we can save more money.

We didn't go home empty-handed too. We bought Osim UMist Baby from the Osim booth. I wanted to buy a humidifier long long time ago, but couldn't find a cheap and small humidifier. I also don't want to spend $100-200 to buy this kind of machine. And finally, we found this; something we could afford. Osim UMist usual price is $88, now selling at $68, with 1 year warranty. Osim UMist is very small and light, and the water tank can last up to 6hours. When the water dries up, the machine will shut down automatically. You can put a drop of essential oil to make the water vapour smell nicer.

Buy one now if you don't have a humidifier at home!

Osim_uMist_Baby.jpg

Edited by ayazumi

Till I dun know what is the humidifier for? Can you share what's function

Humidifier is to replace the dry air that absorbs moisture from surroundings. Humidifer breaks up water into fine mist that protects your skin from the dehydrating effects of air-conditioned environment. It also provide better air quality, and preserve your body hydration level for your well-being. It acts like "moisturizer" to your skin

Edited by ayazumi

Humidifier is to replace the dry air that absorbs moisture from surroundings. Humidifer breaks up water into fine mist that protects your skin from the dehydrating effects of air-conditioned environment. It also provide better air quality, and preserve your body hydration level for your well-being. It acts like "moisturizer" to your skin

Thanks now I know the usage

And we have chosen this laminate for the wardrobe. Will be doing full door laminate; no glass or mirror.

2012-04-01211310.jpg

Hello....another fan member of the brazlian walnut lovers club!

did you choose the textured version or the smooth one?

Hello....another fan member of the brazlian walnut lovers club!

did you choose the textured version or the smooth one?

we choose the smooth one as we were afraid that the textured version will be hard to maintain.