Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Akitsuki

Serangoon North Renovation By Defong Interior Design

Continue piping works:

In Common toilet. The plumber actually think of laying the pipes to the storage heater, then run the pipes above the door entrance, then to the mixer. From outside, we cannot see the pipes until we enter into the toilet.

20120405_183023.jpg

20120405_183901.jpg

Close up. See how nice they bend the pipes.

20120405_183909.jpg

These people are really good at doing plumbing work, but never good in doing plastering work :bleah: Luckily it is outside our house, not inside our house.

20120405_191339.jpg

The reason why we chose Ariston new model storage heater. Now you see that the pipes go underneath the storage heater, not at the side of the storage heater. Old model Ariston storage heater pipes all need to go through the side way. In future if Ariston old model breaks down, you want to change to another brand of storage heater also cannot. Why? Because all new brands storage heater piping all go underneath the tank, not the side of the tank. You need to go back and find old model Ariston tank to replace your spoilt tank. What if one day Ariston stops producing all the old models? You will have problem to find storage heaters that can use side pipes.

20120405_184433.jpg

Edited by ayazumi

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Now we see the new items installed in the toilets. We realised the plumbers have installed the wrong basins in both toilet. The square basin depth is more by 0.5mm than the round basin. The square basin should be installed in MBR toilet, not the round basin. :~ However, both Hubby and my mum convinced me that the nicer sink should put in common toilet so that it look more presentable for guests. After looking at the round basin, I quite like the round basin because the depth is shorter, and I have more standing space in between WC and basin. Should have bought two round basin, instead of different basins.

Now the space between the basin and wc become narrower. Regret not getting the round basin. I hope our guests will not find it too squeezy

20120405_183936.jpg

The square basin costs $80, but has "defect"!

Close up:

20120405_184148.jpg

This definitely got nothing to do with the toilet wall tiles. The toilet wall tiles should be straight, but the basin was not mould properly! The whole basin is out of shape! The plumber has to use more transparent silicon to apply on the right side corner of the sink. Looks really horrible! We have contacted our contractor to inform plumber to apply white silicon instead. I feel like throwing this basin away. The round basin costs only $45, but it looks nicer than the expensive basin. :jawdrop: Never buy this sink from Hoe Kee.

Edited by ayazumi

From outside look into the common toilet. The storage heater is placed near the door instead of the wc. Probably to minimize the number of pipes running in the common toilet, and if place storage heater above wc, someone may hit the storage heater. We bought the 30ltr storage heater, so you can imagine how big it is.

20120405_183009.jpg

View of MBR toilet. This round basin is shorter by 0.5mm depth, so we have more space between wc and basin. I like the comfortable space. And of course, this basin now looks nicer than the square expensive basin. :wacko:

20120405_183505.jpg

Rainshower in MBR only. Now we realised, luckily the above pipe was at the side. Otherwise the rainshower has to shift to the right, or can't even install rainshower.

20120405_183355.jpg

We just can't stop our itchy hand; we play the rainshower! Haha!

20120405_190823.jpg

Finally we have water at home! It's a blessing!

Edited by ayazumi

We found this leaflet outside our house gate

20120405_191538.jpg

$59 for Fanco-look-alike ceiling fan from Bright House Lighting @ No 61 Kaki Bukit Ave 1 Shun Li Ind Park.

Sorry XTR, you know this too late

Edited by ayazumi

The reason why we chose Ariston new model storage heater. Now you see that the pipes go underneath the storage heater, not at the side of the storage heater. Old model Ariston storage heater pipes all need to go through the side way. In future if Ariston old model breaks down, you want to change to another brand of storage heater also cannot. Why? Because all new brands storage heater piping all go underneath the tank, not the side of the tank. You need to go back and find old model Ariston tank to replace your spoilt tank. What if one day Ariston stops producing all the old models? You will have problem to find storage heaters that can use side pipes.

20120405_184433.jpg

Din know about such potential problem....Thanks for highlighting! Time to check if such problem exist for Joven heater too.

Din know about such potential problem....Thanks for highlighting! Time to check if such problem exist for Joven heater too.

You're welcome! We learnt this information, so we share the info with all.

Nice plastering and piping work. Congrats! Glad to know that all your problems have been rectified and now u can look forward to a beautiful place! 

Nice plastering and piping work. Congrats! Glad to know that all your problems have been rectified and now u can look forward to a beautiful place! 

Thanks potatoes. Almost everyday we are talking about this - When will the renovation complete so that we have a new nest of our own.

DAY TWENTY-THREE

Just when I started to praise the plumbers, we found minor defects due to the installation of the shower mixers this morning (got sunlight, easy to spot mistakes).

In Common toilet - On the right, water leakage from pipe joint. Maybe the plumber didn't tighten the joint tight enough. On the left, there is a small chip off of the wall tile. Though it's minor, but I don't really like it. The tiles are dark brown, but the chip is white color. Color contrast too obvious for my eyes.

2012-04-06135327.jpg

In MBR toilet - Hubby found a "lobang" behind the shower mixer wall bracket. The tile is okay, but it is best that they do something to cover that hole (not with silicon please!). Water may seep in the hole, and might become an ant's nest sooner or later.

2012-04-06135557.jpg

So far, no tile crack is found. So far so good, except the two minor defects.

Edited by ayazumi

DAY TWENTY-THREE

In MBR toilet - Hubby found a "lobang" behind the shower mixer wall bracket. The tile is okay, but it is best that they do something to cover that hole (not with silicon please!). Water may seep in the hole, and might become an ant's nest sooner or later.

2012-04-06135557.jpg

So far, no tile crack is found. So far so good, except the two minor defects.

No ant will stay in such a hole that could be filled with water. Other types of insect will, though. :dribble:

Hope with rectificaton, things wll be good.

Are you going to make the bird cage a pendant lamp?

Edited by piknik

Are you going to make the bird cage a pendant lamp?

Hi piknik. Yes, we are doing bird cage pendant light. We bought two cages. Haven't start DIY yet, Hubby intends to do it tomorrow. Wish him luck.

I think beter DIY hoh. Save mney. Outside the bird cage pendant lamp is sold quite ex.

Yes, not worth buying from outside. The cheapest bird cage we can find in our house area is $28. There are many bird shops in Serangoon North, don't need to afraid cannot find bird cage.

Hi piknik. Yes, we are doing bird cage pendant light. We bought two cages. Haven't start DIY yet, Hubby intends to do it tomorrow. Wish him luck.

Interesting! Like to know how ur hubby is going to transform this into a pendant light.... Do share your completed photo later ok?