Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Akitsuki

Serangoon North Renovation By Defong Interior Design

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thanks Valerie and May. The workers are working pretty fast, we would say. If they continue to maintain their momentum, they may complete all tiling work by this week. So excited :sport-smiley-004:

Valerie: You have the same symptoms as me - Fickle-minded and indecisiveness. Hope this will not affect your renovation progress. Most importantly, don't let this symptom cause you to pay more money for changes

Thanks Valerie and May. The workers are working pretty fast, we would say. If they continue to maintain their momentum, they may complete all tiling work by this week. So excited :sport-smiley-004:

Valerie: You have the same symptoms as me - Fickle-minded and indecisiveness. Hope this will not affect your renovation progress. Most importantly, don't let this symptom cause you to pay more money for changes

SO TRUE... she change ideas so fast.. -.-||| i most ke lian.. haha

SO TRUE... she change ideas so fast.. -.-||| i most ke lian.. haha

She is a woman, she have the right to be change ideas..... hehehehe....

I just googled and found a home remedy to make your black granite sink looks brand new again. It is natural that black granite sink forms white haze unless it is wet all the time.

The Solution: Wipe the sink all over using baby oil on a soft cloth and it comes up like new. You will need to do this once a week. If you do not have baby oil, you can also use mineral oil. You can also spray the oil on the sink and wipe off with paper towel. The sink will look brand new again.

Doesn't that make the sink oily and more sticky?

Doesn't that make the sink oily and more sticky?

There was a question posted by others which is similar as your query. The people who tried this method said that their sinks don't feel sticky or oily after applying the oil. You need to wipe off with a cloth or paper towel, so the sink won't feel sticky. Paper towel absorbs the oil, and at the same time the oil "polish" your sink.

There was a question posted by others which is similar as your query. The people who tried this method said that their sinks don't feel sticky or oily after applying the oil. You need to wipe off with a cloth or paper towel, so the sink won't feel sticky. Paper towel absorbs the oil, and at the same time the oil "polish" your sink.

Maybe it wont feel sticky when it is dry, not sure if wet. If you cook and wash at sink very often, let see how fast you will start to hate your sink. I always talk all my friends out of getting the granite sink by bringing them to see the Xlanco in my aunt's kitchen. 10 out of 10 give up the idea after seeing and feeling it.

If can, dont undermount the granite sink, that give you a chance to change sink if you really hate it down the road by buying a similar size stainless steel sink.

Edited by albertchng

Albert, maybe this works on the same principle as car polishing. Less is more. Cannot put a lot.

Maybe it wont feel sticky when it is dry, not sure if wet. If you cook and wash at sink very often, let see how fast you will start to hate your sink. I always talk all my friends out of getting the granite sink by bringing them to see the Xlanco in my aunt's kitchen. 10 out of 10 give up the idea after seeing and feeling it.

If can, dont undermount the granite sink, that give you a chance to change sink if you really hate it down the road by buying a similar size stainless steel sink.

personally, i feel that it depends on the person using the sink. i believe my wife will take good care of the items in our home very well and wont be like ur Aunt's Kitchen. personal hygiene also play a very important part in this. we wont mind cleaning the kitchen more often to make it look nice and stunning since we are gonna be living in it for the next few years to come.

Edited by Akitsuki

I think baby oil is less sticky than cooking oil. Baby oil absorb quite fast. Like NeoBY said, it might be same concept as car polishing; don't apply too much oil on the sink - less is more. We don't do heavy cooking, probably just fry an egg or cook maggie mee. We use the sink to wash our hands only, don't really use the sink to wash other things, so the granite sink should be okay for us. We have also checked with our contractor, it is not advisable to undermount the sink as granite sink is very heavy, and like what you said, maybe we want to change our sink if we don't like it or the sink spoil we need to change a new one, so we will not undermount the sink.

personally, i feel that it depends on the person using the sink. i believe my wife will take good care of the items in our home very well and wont be like ur Aunt's Kitchen. personal hygiene also play a very important part in this. we wont mind cleaning the kitchen more often to make it look nice and stunning since we are gonna be living in it for the next few years to come.

ya ya.... i think your wife and yourself will keep the house clean. After all, its your love nest that you been putting so much $$$ and efforts into. :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

my kitchen and island still maintain the new look, just a bit messy with a lot of stuff on it. or else, the solid top still as white as ever without scratches even though i don't use any mats when i place hot food on my island. stove and sink also still look good, but can see it has been used before lah.... heheehehehe.... :dancingqueen:

Albert, maybe this works on the same principle as car polishing. Less is more. Cannot put a lot.

Car waxing and polishing is different from applying oil to the rough granite sink surface.

My aunt also say the same thing when she first install her granite sink... now she hate it so much that she couldn't be bother to maintain it anymore. She want my 9 years old Suter stainless steel sink, she has approached the new owner of my flat if she can have it if they don't want it.

Car waxing and polishing is different from applying oil to the rough granite sink surface.

My aunt also say the same thing when she first install her granite sink... now she hate it so much that she couldn't be bother to maintain it anymore. She want my 9 years old Suter stainless steel sink, she has approached the new owner of my flat if she can have it if they don't want it.

Aiyo... Then you buy a new Suter sink for her.

Hi Aya, you are right about the baby oil technique. We do that in commercial kitchens as well. In fact, once or twice a month, we will even use baby oil on stainless steel surfaces of items like fridges and freezers.

Neoby is right about less being more too. Too much on on granite sink surface and you will get patches that takes a while to go away. So one way would be to lightly coat a cotton cloth with baby oil and wipe it instead of letting the oil soak on the granite surface.

Hope that helps!