Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Aurelia

Nest In The West

@tankee: 100sqm, 92sqm internal area.

@casa: Expensive hor? Not eligible for any grant also /continues to bleed

It's a low floor, we can't afford anything more than half a million. :wacko:

Target early May completion! Our quotation is almost $50k, we're trying hard not to add anything else now! :drunk:

Wah bro yr reno 50K can do alot for my bird nest liao.Anyway me start next week slow slow reno no problem coz not moving in soon :sport-smiley-004:

Enjoy yr stay in clementi coz its a nice cozy place for relax :dancingqueen:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Wah bro yr reno 50K can do alot for my bird nest liao.Anyway me start next week slow slow reno no problem coz not moving in soon :sport-smiley-004:

Enjoy yr stay in clementi coz its a nice cozy place for relax :dancingqueen:

Time to start your t-blog so I can follow too! :yeah:

Looks like I'm not the only one, and I'm not very comfortable with them sawing my door! :bleah:

They sawed both your doors and did not "seal" the exposed parts up? Gosh... If it's me, I might try using colorless nail polish to protect it hahaha :D

how much did your ID charge you for sawing the door?

Helo...I'm from SOBF too @ 417 next to ur blk ;) have exactly the same floor layout as yours. Just collected our keys in March :D but havent start reno yet. Thinking of asking quotation from SDS based on some of the reviews i read online. How is ur reno progress so far? 50K budget is quite alot :jawdrop: , for us we only plan do very simple reno and low budget...Would like to know your experience with SDS william and please post more pics if possible??? tks tks!! :yamseng:

Forgive me for the lack of updates! Was away in Japan admiring the sakura blossoms.. :lol:

DSC02972.jpg

@paladin126: My ID charged me $80. Is that expensive?

@HelenYeo: Renovation has been slightly faster than orginally scheduled by William. Our renovation costs a bomb only because there's lots of modifications to the house like toilet tiles overlaying, and wall hacking for multiple rooms. The display cabinets in the living room weren't cheap too, but we prefer engaging carpentry than buying ready made shelves from furniture shops. Oh well.

If you're doing only simple renovation, you should be fine.

Edited by Aurelia

Renovation Week 5: Painted, Tiles Done, Lights Up!

Didn't realise the main door was sawed at all until tiling was completed. I guess that's a good job done? (Ignorance is bliss) Hahaha :lol:

Took these after dusk while testing the new lights, our house is starting to take shape!

Slight issue with one bathroom light malfunctioning, and the warm white downlights in the hallway not matching with the house's cool white lights. Gotta get 'em rectified by next week!

week5-01.jpgweek5-02.jpgweek5-03.jpgweek5-04.jpgweek5-05.jpg

Ur living room looks spacious now :good: are u using homogeneous tiles for ur living & all bedrooms? I think you house is going to look very nice :P Wonder if their workmanship is good.

@binchotan: Welcome to Casa Clementi! :drunk: Which block will you be staying at? Gathering sounds fun! LOL

@kunzzy: There's only 2 downlights using warm white lightbulbs, so changing *should* not be an issue. :D

@HelenYeo: It's indeed much more spacious now with the Kitchen and Bedroom 3 walls gone! Can't wait for carpentry to be done within the next 2 weeks! So far so good with the worksmanship as I'm not really picky with the minor details. Perhaps you can request for a quotation and worksmanship viewing first? That's what I did too. :lol:

Yes it's homogenous tiles throughout the living and bedrooms. Initially wanted white colored tiles but they're so expensive (like 8 dollars and beyond at Hafary)! Can't figure out why... Maybe they're harder to manufacture? This was the "lightest" color we could find and still within budget.

Edited by Aurelia

Hi Aurelia, if you have time, can take a picture of your living room with just the downlights on and another one with the covelights on at night? my living room is about the same size as yours but I am deciding whether to install a downlight as I currently I already have a covelight but I find that living room is still quite dark.

Hi Aurelia, if you have time, can take a picture of your living room with just the downlights on and another one with the covelights on at night? my living room is about the same size as yours but I am deciding whether to install a downlight as I currently I already have a covelight but I find that living room is still quite dark.

Sure, I should be going back to take a look this weekend ;)

Sure, I should be going back to take a look this weekend ;)

Congrats bro glad to c your hse being done up so nice :yamseng:

So nice to go view sakura :dribble: Yap, planning to request for a quotation and worksmanship viewing but need to settle the reno budget first..haiz..still thinking whether to get a reno loan cos don't think our budget is enough :unsure: ..need to discuss with my partner. Wanted simple reno but after seeing other pple hse reno soo nice feel like doing more.

Can share William's contact number? Tks!! :D

Edited by HelenYeo

@binchotan: Welcome to Casa Clementi! :drunk: Which block will you be staying at? Gathering sounds fun! LOL

:) Blk 420

Since we are all staying in the same area, why not. lol....