Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Aurelia

Nest In The West

@casa: Heehee, thanks! Looks like your renovation is finally commencing too! Good luck :D

@HelenYeo: We took a loan from our parents. Figured we'll let them earn the interest instead of the banks. My colleague also recommended me RHB Bank's renovation loan, maybe you can check it out? Sent you a PM! ;)

@binchotan: I heard HDB has started the keys collection for Blk 420! You must be excited! :dribble:

Edited by Aurelia

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

@casa: Heehee, thanks! Looks like your renovation is finally commencing too! Good luck :D

@HelenYeo: We took a loan from our parents. Figured we'll let them earn the interest instead of the banks. My colleague also recommended me RHB Bank's renovation loan, maybe you can check it out? Sent you a PM! ;)

@binchotan: I heard HDB has started the keys collection for Blk 420! You must be excited! :dribble:

Ya bro commencing nxt week aft partial done may ask if anyone interested can come take a look as for those still looking for contractor or ID may than decide if ID is good enough for their reno :D

Mayb u can also jio c who wana go take a look at your reno as I m interested

So hav u drop by ocean coffee shop for kopi and food??

Forgive me for the lack of updates! Was away in Japan admiring the sakura blossoms.. :lol:

DSC02972.jpg

@paladin126: My ID charged me $80. Is that expensive?

@HelenYeo: Renovation has been slightly faster than orginally scheduled by William. Our renovation costs a bomb only because there's lots of modifications to the house like toilet tiles overlaying, and wall hacking for multiple rooms. The display cabinets in the living room weren't cheap too, but we prefer engaging carpentry than buying ready made shelves from furniture shops. Oh well.

If you're doing only simple renovation, you should be fine.

same as mine. I saw the man saw my door with an electric saw. They just draw a line and saw a little bit, about 1 inch using electric saw. completed in 10 mins. Then fix back the door, which took another 15 mins.

Ya bro commencing nxt week aft partial done may ask if anyone interested can come take a look as for those still looking for contractor or ID may than decide if ID is good enough for their reno :D

Mayb u can also jio c who wana go take a look at your reno as I m interested

So hav u drop by ocean coffee shop for kopi and food??

When I last check RHB loan, their rate was much lower than the rest of the bank at 2.*%... when other bank was offering 5.*%...

Since it is so attractive, I went for some enquiry and found out it is some kind of gimmick... RHB will charge the interest on the full amount when they calculate the interest on your monthly payment while other bank is charging the interest on the remaining loan amount... In the end, the amount of money you pay will be nearly the same...

After some consideration, I took DBS as I can do early repayment without penalty while RHB will have some penalty... Something for you to take note when you consider which bank to take the loan from :D

Received ur pm..tks! :D Ok will check on RHB loan.

When I last check RHB loan, their rate was much lower than the rest of the bank at 2.*%... when other bank was offering 5.*%...

Since it is so attractive, I went for some enquiry and found out it is some kind of gimmick... RHB will charge the interest on the full amount when they calculate the interest on your monthly payment while other bank is charging the interest on the remaining loan amount... In the end, the amount of money you pay will be nearly the same...

After some consideration, I took DBS as I can do early repayment without penalty while RHB will have some penalty... Something for you to take note when you consider which bank to take the loan from :D

Tks for your advise :D I am also considering DBS cos I have taken other loans from them before and found tt actually not much differences after comparing with other banks and I can get some discount on the interest rate under corparate/staff rates..Haven't confirm but the chances quite high that I will loan from DBS.

@casa: Passed by Ocean a couple of times to get drinks for the workers, but haven't got the chance to try the food there yet :lol:

@paladin126: I didn't even get to see them saw my door! T_T

@yeese: Thanks for the advise! Looks like there's a lot of hidden clauses we have to be aware of... :unsure:

Week 6: Shopping!

Last week's progress has been pretty slow with only the rubbish clearing, floor washing and wardrobe done. Will update pictures of our pole-system wardrobe at our next visit!

Carpentry will be in tomorrow :notti:

Weekend shopping trip to Star Living @ Paya Lebar!

week6-01.jpgweek6-02.jpg

Extendable dining table (1.2m -> 2m), dining chairs and coffee table.

week6-03.jpg

Black bling carpet!

Still on the lookout for the perfect sofa...

Edited by Aurelia

hello great to see fellow neighbors here! we just got keys and finalizing reno details too. =)

Nice! Which block are you at?

Looks like Casa Clementi is getting livelier by the day! :sport-smiley-004:

Nice! Which block are you at?

Looks like Casa Clementi is getting livelier by the day! :sport-smiley-004:

i'm at 423, but don't seem to see many of my blk ppl ard..my neighbors have all finished renovations!

hahaha...just checked and will be getting my keys next week, hooray

Started to feel excited about it and also time to be poor again, heehee :)

hahaha...just checked and will be getting my keys next week, hooray

Started to feel excited about it and also time to be poor again, heehee :)