Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lovenestinjw

Greedy Sellers!

We viewed a flat we liked a lot. Seller's COV is out of our budget but we gave in coz we want that unit. Hb and i discussed that we'll have a simpler reno since we maxed on the COV. When we went for 2nd viewing, seller keep coming up with excuses, we even up the COV by 1K and r fine with their request of 2 mths extension juz to deal asap, but they increase their COV by another 3K. I & hb were pissed, they did not honour to close deal at the COV they ask intially!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

move to next unit.

If the seller keep on shifting his/her goal line.

No point play along with him.

When we searching for our unit, we offer a COV "A" to the seller w/o knowing the valuation price as the report is not out yet.

When the report was out, the price is slightly lower than what we had expected.

Seller also didn't expect this kind of valuation, he told his agent he don't want to sell.

But his agent manage to convince him. Seller ok to sell but want to increase the COV by another 4K.

When his agent told us.

We discuss, work out our sum and reply to agent.

agree on extra 4K COV but need to sign by tonight 9pm.

If not, deal off.

His agent say simi.. wow.. by tonight, tomorrow can.. they need to discuss.

We just reply him.. by tonight 9pm.

U need to know what is your line and firm with it.

therat:

We firmly told the agent the COV we offered (more than what they asked). Agent reverted that seller said need to dicuss w/his wife & will get back to us.

Agent got back but not able to close deal yet, agent said seller need to get a flat first thus scheduled them to go viewing on weekend.

I feel seller is buying time, trying their luck to see if they can get higher COV.

Have they give u OTP?

If no, then mean nothing to confirm.

Rather than lead by them, I will continue my house shopping program.

Oh!!! the seller has not find a place to move.

If there is the case.. extend 2 mth might not enough for them.

Be prepare to extend until 3mth.

My seller also like this. sell first then buy. During OTP, say.. extend 1 mth

Before 1st appointment, become 2 mth

@ 1st appointment, become 3 mth.

Agent say.. their seller (the house they want to buy) delay their 1st appointment. Hence the key pass to them late. Result, no enough time to reno.

They only do simple simple .. 2 wk reno then move it, Which result 3mth extension on my side.

I had place to stay.. so.. 3mth extension is not a problem to me.

U had?

therat:

Nth done. I & hb wish we can exercise the OTP.

Yes moving on with houses shopping in the meantime. Hb did talk to agent abt the extended extension if they need (provided reasonable) on condition to place option fee by tonight. Agent hasn't got back since.

Seems like the sellers r not very sincere...

We currently rent a plc so no prob for us if the seller need extension.

Did ur seller honoured his words upon the 3rd mth extension & passed keys to you, did u charge him for rental?

Edited by lovenestinjw

Hi love,

There are alot of different type of ppl ard..

My case is-We sell off our unit to a troublesome couple. Die die must reduce price. Okie reduce price Liao wanna to do own valuation report. Threaten dont pay the remain 4 k if never open door for their valuator. Agree so cox they will pay for our valuation report... Now they refused to pay coz they say they will be using theirs.

Did ur seller honoured his words upon the 3rd mth extension & passed keys to you,

Yes. They did pass the key to us @ 10pm night time. Put the key inside the letter box and demand to keep the letter box key. Claim want to collect their letter.

We say.. go ahead and keep. 1 mth later, after reno. we will change the letter box lock.

They claim want to collect their letters..

haha.. joke..

1 mth letter stack like mountain and never come to collect a single time.

By end of 1 mth, we change the letter box lock and wrote.. no such person and put every pcs of letter back to the return box until the box is full. We force the letter to go in,.

1 yrs + , still receive the letter.. now.. I open and read.. don't bother.. since they don't bother to change their address.. mean it is not importance. Correct :sport-smiley-004:

Now.. I know.. they miss installment with MayBank. They prawn their gold @ SingPost. Didn't change their business address with IRAS b'coz cheng hu ppl can and knock my door.

Insurance payment thru' GIRO didn't get thru b'coz bank not enough fund.

etc etc

did u charge him for rental?

nothing is free.

Their COV is not that 'friendly'. Why we need to be 'friendly' to them.

Don't forget.

After 2nd appointment, u are the one paying property tax. Not them.

U also start to pay home installment.

You pay the property tax and mthly installment for them to extent stay.

U so good ah!

I'm not..

I'm very di BAD one.. :P

Bento:

Read ur thread. Is ur agent following up the 4K for u? & what $500 deposit? they r to pay u 4K to exercise OTP. In my view, 2 opinions:

1) They r trying to lower the COV

2) They can't raise 4K and buy time to drag

therat:

U did right by changing the letter box lock.

1 yrs + , still receive the letter.. now.. I open and read.. don't bother.. since they don't bother to change their address.. mean it is not importance. Correct

Since they don't bother, who bother?

nothing is free.

Their COV is not that 'friendly'. Why we need to be 'friendly' to them.

Don't forget.

After 2nd appointment, u are the one paying property tax. Not them.

U also start to pay home installment.

You pay the property tax and mthly installment for them to extent stay.

U so good ah!

I'm not..

I'm very di BAD one..

If ppl treat me good, i'll rtn dbl. If ppl bully me, i rtn dbl also ;p. Seems this seller is still trying their luck thou we gave in so much.

This seller's COV not 'friendly' either & we even offered 1K more coz want to deal, but seller is playing the numbers game. Mayb i shld give up this unit, with that kind of COV, can easily get a better house.

Hello everyone, I'm new here but I'd like to find out if it's a must to pay the agent the fee we verbally agreed?

I found the flat without an agent myself via newspapers and my wife and i eventually liked the flat. So we contacted the seller's agent. The agents were aware we do not have our own agent and told us that the seller is keen to sell us the flat. We were so happy! Then he (the seller agent) suggested a colleague of his to be our acting agent (to do all the necessary documentation, etc). We then agreed to pay her (our so-called agent) $1k.

Now the thing is she didn't do a single thing! All the while, it was the seller's agent who were doing all the correspondences with us and we responded! We had our second appointment already but I just received the invoice from the agent's company. Can I not pay them this $1k? What will happen if we really didn't pay this $1k? Please help? Thanks!!!

mas should make it illegal for the cov. hdb should be transacted at value to prevent prices from moving up. if its public housing, it should be affortable, the cash outlay can buy private already.