Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Hi,

Do you think it is too expensive to pay $420k for a EM in Jurong East? It is on the 12th foor, next to the corner unit and balcony facing afternoon sun but the main door is facing the PIE but there is a 4 storey flat before this block. Therefore, the noise is not very loud and can see the greenery.....

No valuation done but agent says it is about $350 - 360k...

which part of jur east? jur east ave 1? if i am not wrong, those EMs are about 20+ years old so $420K is a little ex to me. it is better to do a valuation as you will know how much the COV is. If valuation is about $350K to $360K, then COV of $60K to $70K is high for jur east.

cheers!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
336.....ave 1

now we are waiting for seller to do a valuation.......

oh that area...i used to consider there before but then, at that time, there werent any units for sale. I was looking at those ground floor EMs at blk 334 and 335. Hee.

how is the condition of the place? original or renovated? 12th floor and next to corner is not bad imo.

in fact....the unit is in a move in condition but because we are very particular and intend to stay there for long, therefore, we would want to re-do the kitchen cabinets, kitchen and the 3 toilets....

in fact, the rooms laminate flooring are still in very good condition but because the second owner lay over the tiles and if we want to built new wardrobes (from the 1st owner, then we will need to redo the whole place....

actually its difficult to say whether one particular EM in so and so particular estate is worth so and so amount of COV now as compared to 6months ago or even 1-3 years ago. I only know that its more like a sellers' market now and if u really need a place and really have that amount of cash, then u got no choice but to pay for that amount of COV asked by seller. In fact, reno isnt cheap now.

Edited by hello88

actually its difficult to say whether one particular EM in so and so particular estate is worth so and so amount of COV now as compared to 6months ago or even 1-3 years ago. I only know that its more like a sellers' market now and if u really need a place and really have that amount of cash, then u got no choice but to pay for that amount of COV asked by seller. In fact, reno isnt cheap now.

I bought my repossesed masionette from hdb in april's balloting at 278k. Mine at gombak. 5 mins from MRT. 6th floor. Some of my neighbours keep asking me how much i bought, then when i tell them, they look so pissed off. Especially feel for this neighbour who bought theirs at the open market for 380k. Same floor and same time of purchase.

But, the only thing i don't like is that the neighbours keep to themselves most of the time. Previously, at my mum's house, the neighbours always come over for chit-chat.

Just went to Muar in JB on Saturday. More for road trip and local food.

But my wife managed to get a dining table light and the stairway lights at a good price. Wife said pay SGD 500 less than if buy in Singapore.

I think the selection is comparable to those lighting shops along Geylang/Changi Rd.

Of course, the downside is difficulty to return if spoilt. But I guess >60% discount is worth the bet.

Those on budget, can check out Muar for lighting products. Get model no./ pictures/ prices in SG, then check it out in Muar. I think worth it. If cannot get anything, I think the hawkers food also worth the trip.

Muar is abt 3 hr drive up north. Good hawker food includes Mee Bandung/Soto Ayam/Wantan Mee. I like Soto Ayam. I think can fight with Bedok Int's Inspirasi stall. Google "wikipedia Muar'

think its betta to do a valuation 1st.. i got mine at $410k in June.,. $20k above valuation.. but not at JE

Jalan Rajah..... sold 480k for an EM. Did anyone do a check on hdb website on resale price? I've seen agent phamlets quoting it.

oh that area...i used to consider there before but then, at that time, there werent any units for sale. I was looking at those ground floor EMs at blk 334 and 335. Hee.

how is the condition of the place? original or renovated? 12th floor and next to corner is not bad imo.

Finally I bought this EM at 336 jurong east.........the valuation is at $360k and I bought it at $420k.....hooray!

Finally I bought this EM at 336 jurong east.........the valuation is at $360k and I bought it at $420k.....hooray!

Congratulations!

60K above valuation...is it in move in condition?

Congratulations!

60K above valuation...is it in move in condition?

Yes...it is in move-in condition but because we have the intention to do stay long term in this place, therefore, we intend to revamp the whole place......

Yes...it is in move-in condition but because we have the intention to do stay long term in this place, therefore, we intend to revamp the whole place......

congrats....think 60k COV considered quite a gd buy now. Wow, gonna revamp the whole place and that's gonna be at least another 40k ++++++++ and not forgetting furnitures. Good luck!

congrats....think 60k COV considered quite a gd buy now. Wow, gonna revamp the whole place and that's gonna be at least another 40k ++++++++ and not forgetting furnitures. Good luck!

erm.... 40k++++ for revamp whole EM is an understatement... my father in law is my contractor... and my whole reno already cost abt 50-60k.. not including furniture and electrical appliances yet..

erm.... 40k++++ for revamp whole EM is an understatement... my father in law is my contractor... and my whole reno already cost abt 50-60k.. not including furniture and electrical appliances yet..

yup that's why i indicated +++++++++ cos it depends on individuals and what they considered as revamp. Furthermore, sand and wood is at least double the price now....haiz!

wow, ur father-in-law your contractor.....any reno pics to share? u must have really done a lot with 50-60k.

Edited by hello88

yup that's why i indicated +++++++++ cos it depends on individuals and what they considered as revamp. Furthermore, sand and wood is at least double the price now....haiz!

xiao liao lah........looks like my reno budget buay gao !!