Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

sorry leh virgo2829. i dunno how to. moreover i din even snap a single photo of our reno. ya btw, you need to bypass the jurong polyclinic to your blk?

hi chronograph, the place is quite messy at present. we only went over in the weekend. dunno the work progress as at today. we totally leave it to our ID. tiling work is done and workmanship is quite good. we are quite satisfied with it. btw, do you have afternoon sun at your balcony? let me guess ah, is yours at corner unit 12th floor?

haa haa... the #12 ah nie house not my cup of tea......besides very hot!

My is #14 top floor, NS facing so very cooling and can see woodland sometimes JB(if not cloudy) at the balcony! Its a corridoor unit beside the stair!

You are at which floor?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

wow...so happening recently. can even find neighbour here....heee.........

looking forward to more pix.

i lost touch...who haven been including in my signature on EM kakis can pm me.

haa haa... the #12 ah nie house not my cup of tea......besides very hot!

My is #14 top floor, NS facing so very cooling and can see woodland sometimes JB(if not cloudy) at the balcony! Its a corridoor unit beside the stair!

You are at which floor?

aiyo, my very chiatlat lah, 8th floor corner unit receiving morning and afternoon sun for the day loh!

sorry leh virgo2829. i dunno how to. moreover i din even snap a single photo of our reno. ya btw, you need to bypass the jurong polyclinic to your blk?

hi chronograph, my quote was dated late Dec and early Jan this year. now this ID guy claim he botang (din earn la) and i believe so as everything goes up in the market...... the place is quite messy at present. we only went over in the weekend. dunno the work progress as at today. we totally leave it to our ID. tiling work is done and workmanship is quite good. we are quite satisfied with it. btw, do you have afternoon sun at your balcony? let me guess ah, is yours at corner unit 12th floor?

armstrong,

yes, i need to bypass the polyclinic to my block and mine is actually facing the PIE......

aiyo, my very chiatlat lah, 8th floor corner unit receiving morning and afternoon sun for the day loh!

Good and bad lah, u can sun tan at the balcony! Cloths dry faster and can see sun set at your MBR, sun rise at the other 2 bed rooms!

i personally cannot tahan got afternoon sun hse!

my in-laws hse is west facing and gets daily afternoon sun....and i tell u, this is terrible cos the heat is so strong that you will like in an oven even though at home!!!!!

i personally cannot tahan got afternoon sun hse!

my in-laws hse is west facing and gets daily afternoon sun....and i tell u, this is terrible cos the heat is so strong that you will like in an oven even though at home!!!!!

me too...but my balcony and master room also kanna afternoon sun but not direct lah....

Dear all,

I am new to the forum. Glad to see so many others who are proud owners of EMs.

My EM is in Tampines and while i am waiting for the 2nd appointment, i am thinking of ideas for renovating my EM now, taking into account my budget.

Basically the condition of the EM is quite run-down, so i did not pay a lot cash relative to the average asking COV in the region. It suited what me and my fiancee want because we wanted to design our own cosy environment. Well, i am looking at a major overhaul, but the good thing is, i am not a fan of cabinets and woodwork and will not be having a lot of these.

Will be hacking two room to make it into a bigger room for a walk-in wardrobe and mini-study, as well as a raised platform to lay my mattress (no bed frame). The stairway railing we intend to use glass. Coupled with hacking of the current floor and then laying homogenous white tiles, and installing the kitchen cabinets and painting of the house, i think it will cost a fair bit.

60k - 70K is a bit north of my expectations. Is it really so expensive to renovate an EM?

me too...but my balcony and master room also kanna afternoon sun but not direct lah....

hi virgo2829, from what time onwards does the sun enter ur house?

so did u intend to close up the balcony area or do something like roller shutter to block sun. we don't intend to do anything but a potbelly...just live it open concept until we move in and stay and feel the heat, then decide to do something to it.

Edited by armstrong

i am not too sure cos i did not take note of that and i am technically not sure about all this aftn sun's issue...my hubby is the one who is in charge :yeah:

we are not doing any shutter...but if u look at my blog pictures at the balcony...we are replacing the cloth to shade off the sun....not doing any awning or roller shutter...

hi virgo2829, from what time onwards does the sun enter ur house?

so did u intend to close up the balcony area or do something like roller shutter to block sun. we don't intend to do anything but a potbelly...just live it open concept until we move in and stay and feel the heat, then decide to do something to it.

Hi Armstrong,

My currently 5I's balcony is NW facing, at around 2:30 pm onwards, you will feel the heat, it get worse around 3 to 4:30pm and started to cool down from 5pm onwards. Fan is always on from 2:30 to 5pm!

The shine comes at 45 degree from the balcony and covers some part of the entrance to the balcony where the living room is. I need to position my furniture to avoid direct sun. The rest of the rooms not affected!

Hope the above help!

Hi Armstrong,

My currently 5I's balcony is NW facing, at around 2:30 pm onwards, you will feel the heat, it get worse around 3 to 4:30pm and started to cool down from 5pm onwards. Fan is always on from 2:30 to 5pm!

The shine comes at 45 degree from the balcony and covers some part of the entrance to the balcony where the living room is. I need to position my furniture to avoid direct sun. The rest of the rooms not affected!

Hope the above help!

thks , my balcony is NW facing.... i think i will oso be bathed in the heat every afternoon when i move in. but in deep thought, i should be grateful and thankful to have a roof above my head compared to the disasters happened in Myamar & China. they are homeless now........

Edited by armstrong

Dear all,

I am new to the forum. Glad to see so many others who are proud owners of EMs.

My EM is in Tampines and while i am waiting for the 2nd appointment, i am thinking of ideas for renovating my EM now, taking into account my budget.

Basically the condition of the EM is quite run-down, so i did not pay a lot cash relative to the average asking COV in the region. It suited what me and my fiancee want because we wanted to design our own cosy environment. Well, i am looking at a major overhaul, but the good thing is, i am not a fan of cabinets and woodwork and will not be having a lot of these.

Will be hacking two room to make it into a bigger room for a walk-in wardrobe and mini-study, as well as a raised platform to lay my mattress (no bed frame). The stairway railing we intend to use glass. Coupled with hacking of the current floor and then laying homogenous white tiles, and installing the kitchen cabinets and painting of the house, i think it will cost a fair bit.

60k - 70K is a bit north of my expectations. Is it really so expensive to renovate an EM?

hi hi, welcome to join all of us here!

tampines....good location.

how much u paid for your COV?

well, if you are looking at re-do the whole hse,...it will sure quite alot!

i think it will cost at least a minimum of 50k.....and could go up to 70k.

meanwhile, do get quotes from ID/Contractors and start doing your comparison.

hope to see your reno T-Blog soon.... ;)

hi hi, welcome to join all of us here!

tampines....good location.

how much u paid for your COV?

well, if you are looking at re-do the whole hse,...it will sure quite alot!

i think it will cost at least a minimum of 50k.....and could go up to 70k.

meanwhile, do get quotes from ID/Contractors and start doing your comparison.

hope to see your reno T-Blog soon.... ;)

hi hi Jessie,

so sweet of you. you are always the first to greet and welcome new EM owners.

hi hi, DeanCarney, welcome to this thread..hee...heee

hi armstrong, ;)

no lah, all the chatters here are all friendly lots!

sharing so much info and also giving good feedbacks and advise... ;)