Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi,

any EM owners here hv idea of doing up the stairs?

i wanna change my stairs railings....(current one is rod iron in GREEN color....cos previous owner is Malay mah).

still cracking my brain and get ideas on the ways to change it.

Edited by Jessie

hi,

i wanna change my stairs railings....(current one is rod iron in GREEN color....cos previous owner is Malay mah).

Simple one will be to change to stainless steel or tempered glass. Or you can build wall(partial) on the stairs and have handle railing. The wall if run up to ceiling will not look nice, u can have it bend at 90 degree and runs to join 2nd level platform. Will see "L" shape at front view. Can have down lights on the wall also. Hope u can visualized.

Simple one will be to change to stainless steel or tempered glass. Or you can build wall(partial) on the stairs and have handle railing. The wall if run up to ceiling will not look nice, u can have it bend at 90 degree and runs to join 2nd level platform. Will see "L" shape at front view. Can have down lights on the wall also. Hope u can visualized.

that's what we hv in-mind!

we will do a partition wall (cheapest mah),...then to run wiring and lights on the partition walls (lower part so that it shines on the steps).... ;)

ya, not all the way up to the ceiling,......the height of the partition will be same as the current railings height,....right?

Hi EM owners,

I would like to seek for your advice.

I have been quoted for 3 toilets at $7,200 on wall tiles and floor tiles only.

Is it expensive?

that's what we hv in-mind!

we will do a partition wall (cheapest mah),...then to run wiring and lights on the partition walls (lower part so that it shines on the steps).... ;)

ya, not all the way up to the ceiling,......the height of the partition will be same as the current railings height,....right?

the height should be taller than the railing height!

My idea is that the wall will run up(higher than railing height) and bends to join 2nd level platform.

hi chesfel,

let me go and compare with my quote and let you know of that quote you received....... ;)

hi chrono,

now i get what you meant.

but, on 2nd thoughts.......it's also not very advisable leh,.....cos if i construct partition board for that,.....it will not be lasting leh..... :(

guess i hv not much choice lor.

Hi EM owners,

I would like to seek for your advice.

I have been quoted for 3 toilets at $7,200 on wall tiles and floor tiles only.

Is it expensive?

How much psf you have been qoute?

hi chrono,

now i get what you meant.

but, on 2nd thoughts.......it's also not very advisable leh,.....cos if i construct partition board for that,.....it will not be lasting leh..... :(

guess i hv not much choice lor.

partition board is cheap and is easy to repair if broken! Besides it is unique cos many Em owners will choose WI , stainless steel and tempered glass! Of course, do only if u have the budget and you like it!

hi,

since its already rod iron, u might wanna get it spray painted to a different colour of your liking.

Pretty excited :

One week ahead for the first HDB appointment. Getting my EM at Yishun. Nevertheless there's pros and cons on getting a resale flat.

Guess what!!!!!! Check with ID and Renovation contractor both give me different quotataion. ID quote me $58K after less 20% discount. General contractor quote me $45K for the same thing but my question is who should i engage is there any hidden cost?

For those EM owners who had recently dolled up your houses care to PM me as i need a good advise for a headstart.

Hi chrono,

The contractor did not mention. he is just estimate.

What do you think?

It is better for the contractor to work it out for you in the quotation.

Usually, avoid those $2 psf, cos they are outdated, old design. Typically, it will be around the range from $2.40 to $3 psf. Labour cost will be the same for laying homogeneous or ceramic tiles, so i will go for homo tiles. You have to ask your contractor in the event when u have selected tile with a value higher than what specified, who should bear the difference? Say contractor quoted based on 2.50 psf and you selected 3.00 psf, the diff of 0.50 who should bear!

It is better for the contractor to work it out for you in the quotation.

Usually, avoid those $2 psf, cos they are outdated, old design. Typically, it will be around the range from $2.40 to $3 psf. Labour cost will be the same for laying homogeneous or ceramic tiles, so i will go for homo tiles. You have to ask your contractor in the event when u have selected tile with a value higher than what specified, who should bear the difference? Say contractor quoted based on 2.50 psf and you selected 3.00 psf, the diff of 0.50 who should bear!

Yes. Chrono is right! Today all the quotation that I have got is $3 per sqf (and to be Frank, alot of tiles are now either at $3 or more than $3 for nicer ones). Depending on your requirements to your id and also the condition of your house, reno costs will be different..Have to really compare back to back.

Opps.. forgot to introduce myself. I am also a new EM owner- In Pasir Ris. Just got our keys in April and will be starting reno coming wednesday.. Pretty excited about it. :notti:

Hi Jessie,

saw your floorplan on your T-Blog. Same same like mine, just a mirror image. How u find the common toilet upstairs? I just hate that stupid loo cos the WC right inside. Would be better if the WC is outside so can do up the shower area at the WC area.