Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Finally had the quotation from mycontractor last week... its 59k :jawdrop: ... dont know whether its too much or average for an EM. me n wife thought of ard 40-45k.. but looking back at how much work tat have to be done, i think the price is justifiable afterall.

1. paint whole house( some more its rockstone, have to plaster whole house to remove rockstone and new coat of paint, can choose 6 colors)

2. 3 toilets(major works-- overlay floor n wall tiles, change toilet basin n bowl, add bathtub at MBR toilet)

3. kitchen cabinet(hack existing one.. overlay floor n wall tiles, solid surface top)

4. overlay ceramic flooring with parquat/laminate for upper floor and staircase

5. feature wall, L-box and false ceiling **** room

6. feature wall(to cover bomb shelter aka store rm), false ceiling at dining room

7. awning/roof at service balcony

8. need to get lightings for whole house

9. air-con for 3 rooms on upper level

10. remove sliding door for balcony and make raised platform (living rm area)

11. overlay floor of staircase with laminates and change one side of the railings(box-up)

12. built-in wardrobe at MBR, shelvings under the window

now the price around there s everything gone up especially sand & wood but then for this price u paying...should go for hack & re-tile rather than overlay.

Edited by hello88

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Finally had the quotation from mycontractor last week... its 59k :jawdrop: ... dont know whether its too much or average for an EM. me n wife thought of ard 40-45k.. but looking back at how much work tat have to be done, i think the price is justifiable afterall.

1. paint whole house( some more its rockstone, have to plaster whole house to remove rockstone and new coat of paint, can choose 6 colors)

2. 3 toilets(major works-- overlay floor n wall tiles, change toilet basin n bowl, add bathtub at MBR toilet)

3. kitchen cabinet(hack existing one.. overlay floor n wall tiles, solid surface top)

4. overlay ceramic flooring with parquat/laminate for upper floor and staircase

5. feature wall, L-box and false ceiling **** room

6. feature wall(to cover bomb shelter aka store rm), false ceiling at dining room

7. awning/roof at service balcony

8. need to get lightings for whole house

9. air-con for 3 rooms on upper level

10. remove sliding door for balcony and make raised platform (living rm area)

11. overlay floor of staircase with laminates and change one side of the railings(box-up)

12. built-in wardrobe at MBR, shelvings under the window

Seems like my reno plan is rather similiar to your... So far I've asked 3 reno contractors and was quoted about $40k+ but it's all estimated as they have not surveyed my house. I'll be paying the deposit for an EM at Bedok Reservior this weekend. Where's your place?

Seems like my reno plan is rather similiar to your... So far I've asked 3 reno contractors and was quoted about $40k+ but it's all estimated as they have not surveyed my house. I'll be paying the deposit for an EM at Bedok Reservior this weekend. Where's your place?

welcome. 40k should be reasonable, but u still have got a lot time to choose.

Yup... Actually wanted to sell of my house first before committing but the owner dropped the COV part so had to quickly move in to secure the flat...

Will get the contractor to give 2 proposed plan... 1 to include the homogenous floor tiles and 1 without... The floor area is about 150sqm (the owner bought up the corridor area)... Will do homogenous tiles for the 1st floor and laminated flooring for the rooms...

Yup... Actually wanted to sell of my house first before committing but the owner dropped the COV part so had to quickly move in to secure the flat...

Will get the contractor to give 2 proposed plan... 1 to include the homogenous floor tiles and 1 without... The floor area is about 150sqm (the owner bought up the corridor area)... Will do homogenous tiles for the 1st floor and laminated flooring for the rooms...

I believe 40 - 50k should be doable. My reno has more items and it is less than 55k. But things are getting more expensive now. Was talking to my Id and get to know metal, sand and wood all prices increasing.

hi,

any idea how to check wat are the blocks unmber of all the em

located at hougang?

thanks

hi,

any idea how to check wat are the blocks unmber of all the em

located at hougang?

thanks

hmmm....dont think it possible unless u know Hougang very well.

Blk 140 series near Hougang Ave 1 (aka Lor Ah Soo) got EMs (got rubbish chute)

Blk 230 series near Kovan Mcdonald as well as Blk 220 series opposite NTUC got EMs (got rubbish chute)

Blk 312 Hougang Ave 5 got EM (unique layout, not seen elsewhere in Hougang) (got rubbish chute)

Blk 440 series got EMs (got rubbish chute)

Blk 610 series near Hougang Stadium got EMs (got rubbish chute)

Blk 620 series near Bo Wen Secondary got EMs (got rubbish chute)

Blk 570 series near Hougang Green got EMs (no rubbish chute)

Blk 700 series near Serangoon Junior College got EMs (NB: some are HUDCs) (got rubbish chute)

Blk 830 series & 850 series opposite Hougang Polyclinic got EMs (no rubbish chute)

so u interested in which area?

thanks hello for the listing..

was told by agent blk 833 is valued at 510k 2nd storey........stress

blk 609 ard 440k.....ok but dunno got bus stop to mrt....

blk 537 serangoon north ard 430k...dunno where the **** is tat place..lol

asked agent to lookout for em at jurong and bukit batok also..

wish me luck..

wish me luck..

Jurong East/West EM valuation has gone up because of the LakeSide development, future value factored in. Find one that best suit your needs.

Hi,

Im new here, just placed deposit for an EM at tamp st11. Valuation was:$450, cov $30k. Agent commision 0.5%..hehe

I decided to plunge in coz

1)its on the top floor 12th storey

2)corner unit

3)Large area:i tink 160sqm coz the previous owner purchased the recess area.

4)Renovated & well taken care of (but still need to do some minor reno)

5)Flat beside my in laws blk,free nanny care...hehe

6)Near amenities, walkin distance to tamp or simei mrt.about 5-10mins.

7)Unblock view front & rear.

etc

Some queries;

1)I would like to know how long before can hand over the unit say i exercised the OTP?

2)I agreed to give a mth extension to seller so dat they can get a unit after handover.

3)The previous owner hacked the room below & made it into a dining area. I would like to partition back make it like a small room for old folks to slp if they have problem climbing up.How much roughly would it cost?

wish me luck..

yup, 833 is considered very near to Interchange/MRT/Hougang Mall so valuation around 500k for most and asking close to 600k for some. Even Blk 428 which is over the other corner, also near to Interchange/MRT/Hougang Mall also asking for close to 600k.

EMs in Serangoons usually fetches higher price cos its more centralised with CTE around the corner and not forgetting the up and coming Circle Line (MRT).

I think Blk 609 440k quite reasonable at this point of time but heard the bubble going to burst soon....dunno true or not. Yup, Blk 609 got buses to MRT/Interchange/Hougang Mall so no need to worry. Its also near to Stadium, swimming pool.

good luck.

wish me luck..

Hi kiira,

I'm also looking for EMs in Jurong! Been sourcing for them for about 2 months already. Like what chrono said, sellers are asking more COV cuz of the Jurong Lake developments. Lots of them are asking like 20+k - 50+k. Signz... Even flats not in the immediate area also can quote the development and ask for more COV. *faint*

Hi All,

Check with you guys, will there be any problems (eg: ceiling leaking, very hot in the afternoon) for houses on the top floor? I recently went to view an EM on L12, 24yrs old, and I'm wondering if the ceiling will have future pblms anot. Pls advise, tks! :yamseng:

Edited by Angel81

u all so lucky got top floor to view..

i cant even get to view a top floor unit...

i like top floor cos no need to care abt any nuisance from upstairs.

celling leak have to get contractor to fix it ...and top floor units are

definitely hotter in afternoon

Lucky?

Hehe...i oso dunno lucky or not..1st unit get such an expensive unit, oso siong on me & wife. lucky both of us civil servants...so better job security.

My wife not so keen on EM, she say tiring have to climb up & down staircase.. :dunno:

but after seeing the unit..she say ok.

Now got more queries..

1)Agent say will register with HDB 45 days after we exercised OTP

2)1st appt is 1.5mth - 2mths later

3)2nd appt is 1.5mth - 2mth later

4)I allowed the owner to stay there for 1mth after handover but utilities & conservancy they pay.

I feel the estimated time line is bit too long..i feel like they dragging their feet to find a unit...at the expense of us..is the 1st & 2nd appt waiting time really dat long?

hdb appointment is at a month after documents are submitted and the number of applications received plays a part too...

if tat month a lot ppl buy flat dan most likely will be longer date..

best is to sign an agreement so tat they wun give excuses after a month

and wan to extend further..

as for the otp thingy, it can be submitted the next day after exercising,

y must after 45days?