Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

You are also shifting in EM at tampines? Me too. My 1st appt date is 15122008 so wondering when is the earliest i can shift in. Btw which part of tampines are you shifting to? Your floor area look big huh? Mine only 150sqm.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Angel81 etc,

I find that it might save you an appointment if you make your first meeting with your contractor/ID at your new place, so that you can straightaway show them what you want. Otherwise if first meeting meet them at office, still have to go your place see, then meet then again get quotation etc etc...like that each contractor/ID meet min 3 times can die...

Still waiting to finalise quotes...all in 50+k range cos I taking down everything...

Haha, well wat u sae is true. But I'm doing some walk-ins as well, so most prob will be meeting some a few times. Was actually tinking of just sending my floor plan and list of things to do via email to the contractors. With the estimated quotation, will be able to know who's quote is way over the others and can just remove them from the list.

Then after, the shortlisted ones to meet at the new place. Now wondering when's a good time to bring them to new place loh. Before 2nd appt, or after. Hehehe.. see how bah :P

You are also shifting in EM at tampines? Me too. My 1st appt date is 15122008 so wondering when is the earliest i can shift in. Btw which part of tampines are you shifting to? Your floor area look big huh? Mine only 150sqm.

wah..urs oso quite big, mine coz corner & include recess area..the recess area quite big..nearly 10sqm..

can partition part of it 2 b a maid's room or something.

if w/o recess area mine onli 148sqm.

Yoohoo! Another EM owner. Hehe.. congrates congrates! Wah.. seems like u should be getting ur keys around CNY. :)

I do not know wen previous owner is leaving..

dat time after 2nd appointment..say will try leave less than 1mth after 2nd appt..then took 1month..ask 4 2 weeks extension which i charged. Now another 2 weeks...same rental rate.dunno another 2 weeks will extend again or not.

Lucky I dont need the house urgently..if not i would have chase them out of the house.

Yah.. lucky u dun need the house urgently and that u got charge them rental. But hor, if they still dun shift out and ur ILs wana do reno, where will they stay?

hello,

i am a mansionette-owner-wanna-be!!! hubby & I looking to upgrade from a 5-rm to a mansionette, probably some where in hougang.

but i'm now a bit confused abt the financing. cos i like the HUDC ones and was told tat HUDC flats cannot take HDB loans, only bank loans. also HUDC are valued by banks not HDB. can someone help me and confirm if this is true?

i'm trying to DIY all this myself cos don't wan to pay agent commission lah. jus realised its going to be quite alot of work.

Harlow! How's ur search so far? :)

Edited by Angel81

It has been 2 months since I moved into my EM but I've been so lazy to take photos to share with you all.

LL & I just bought a Christmas tree to decorate our place. The crispy fresh scent of the tree & the warm lightings in the house triggered off the mood to start taking some photos to share with you all. I've included the photos of how each area had looked like when we first took over the place for comparison.

FloorPlan.jpg

MainEntrance.png

Mainentranceleftviewshoerackwindows.png

Mainentrancerightviewmirrorcabinets.png

Staircase.png

More photos...

Lowerfloorbedroomdoorkitchenservice.png

Kitchenopencounteroriginallykitchen.png

Viewfromkitchenthroughopencounterwi.png

LivingRoom.png

Livingroomviewedfromservicebalcony.png

Very nice and cozy place u've got there LLCC, esp the balcony at the entrance. :) Got any more pics to share?

Edited by Angel81

wah..u give me inspiration on how to decor my recess area...:)

feel like stepping into resort..

wonder how ur 2nd floor look like.

Very nice and cozy place u've got there LLCC, esp the balcony at the entrance. :) Got any more pics to share?

Thanks, it's the warm lights & plants that created that cozy feel. Here're 2 more pictures:

TemperedGlassDoor.png

Originally didn't plan to have any door here but when it rains heavily with strong wind, rain water can splash into the dining area. Also, we forgot we have aircon in the dining area & need to have a door to close up the dining area. Hence we fixed a tempered glass door, even though we fear to have people walking right into it. We had 1 casualty so far (a friend of ours). Sticking a soft toy on the glass door is our quick fix solution for now.

Mirrorcumfishingrodcabinet.png

Originally wanted it as a mirror cum shoe rack (specifically for our boots) but the wall recess is too shallow. Hence we converted it into a fishing rod storage.

wah..u give me inspiration on how to decor my recess area...:)

feel like stepping into resort..

wonder how ur 2nd floor look like.

We've yet to figure out the roofing solution for this recess area (entrance balcony). It can get very wet when it rains with strong wind. Didn't want to a roof that blocks the skylight in that area permanently. But the shoe cabinets & mirror cum fishing rod cabinet need be to sheltered from the rain.

Haven't taken 2nd floor pictures, lazy lah! Will try to do so soon.

Very nice! Hehehe... u got lots of fishing rods. hehehe..

Can't really picture how ur skylight looks like. Kind of looks like there's a roof at ur recess balcony already. :) But if possible, how about a retractable awning? Can extend when u need it, and retract when u wan the sun. Think the solid red drop awning colour looks very nice. http://sunshade.sg/awning_drop.php

Edited by Angel81

Oooo.. Congrates familyof4! Which area did u buy and when's ur 1st appt?

my first appt most likely after CNY...have yet to receive the letter from hdb. Bought at pasir ris.

Hee... U can try to check ur 1st appt date on HDB webbie. Need either HDB password or can use ur singpass. That time I found out my 1st appt date thru there even b4 the letter comes. :)

Hi peepz. I've also gotten an EM in Yishun . take keys most probably in Jan09. Owner also want to extend stay this and that.. :bangwall: got 3 Ids qoutations. So far quite satisfied with one at thomson plaza called wide angle. Her name is brenda . professional but price quite steep at 40k , not to mention only doing mostly on second floor, exclude rewiring, windows (comes up to 5k) and stairs (2k) . 1st floor only touching on painting, 1 false wall for TV and ceiling designs.

Hi JulietNicole, welcome to the EM thread and congrates on ur new home! Hehehe, I'm also taking my keys in Jan09. Actually 2nd appt is 29Dec, but letting sellers move out on 5Jan09. When u intend to start ur reno? Wah, tat seems rather steep if u not doing much. :)