Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Hello all maisonette owners,

I remember a few posts ago in this forum, one forumer mentioned abt a maisonette which has bedrooms downstairs instead of upstairs in Queenstown. Well i was curious and fascinated by it. So i went to recce and found out that it is actually in Blk 147, Mei Ling Street. It's the blk directly behind the blk facing the main rd & mrt!

At first i could not locate it, then slowly i caught sight of some windows and there seem to be no corridor to walk towards it, so i began to scroll up n down and realised that the entrance is actually via the flat only. Tht whole blk is only 4 storeys high and kind of U shape. The 2nd flr's bedroom are facing the car park with a gap in between the blk and carpark.

I didnt get to see the interior of the flats (of course).

Was just wondering if it is actually better than the usual ones whereby the bedrooms are upstairs.

Some thoughts crossed my mind - I mean would it be easier for old folks to go down to sleep?, disturb sleep if someone jumps in the hall above etc?

What do u ppl think?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Oh your wash area is a toilet ? Based on my floor plan, the wash area is only for washing, no toilet bow one, so keep also no use ...

ya, original from HDB is without wc. HDB only relaxed the regulation about 10odd years ago in the early 90s for those EMs built in the 80s. Nevertheless, still got some EM owners mostly those 1st owners who still didnt convert the wc into p-trap with wc.

Edited by hello88

Hello all maisonette owners,

I remember a few posts ago in this forum, one forumer mentioned abt a maisonette which has bedrooms downstairs instead of upstairs in Queenstown. Well i was curious and fascinated by it. So i went to recce and found out that it is actually in Blk 147, Mei Ling Street. It's the blk directly behind the blk facing the main rd & mrt!

At first i could not locate it, then slowly i caught sight of some windows and there seem to be no corridor to walk towards it, so i began to scroll up n down and realised that the entrance is actually via the flat only. Tht whole blk is only 4 storeys high and kind of U shape. The 2nd flr's bedroom are facing the car park with a gap in between the blk and carpark.

I didnt get to see the interior of the flats (of course).

Was just wondering if it is actually better than the usual ones whereby the bedrooms are upstairs.

Some thoughts crossed my mind - I mean would it be easier for old folks to go down to sleep?, disturb sleep if someone jumps in the hall above etc?

What do u ppl think?

How big is the room downstairs ? is it the maid room ?

Morning EMers,

has any being affected by lift upgrade before?

how much is the cost?

please share your experience.....

Hello Knight, my place is currently undergoing lift upgrading, luckily my floor already have the lift, so i am not liable to pay any cost...but we called HDB to double check before and if my memory didnt fail, its about 9K payable viable CPF ...However, i think it differs from number of unit per floor ..

Its dependable on the level per unit sharing the lift...

Heng.. Mine's a lift landing... :notti:

Oh your wash area is a toilet ? Based on my floor plan, the wash area is only for washing, no toilet bow one, so keep also no use ...

We still waiting for the contractor to touch up here and there, not rushing to move in for CNY :P

My staircase lighting ...

06012009544.jpg

My railings have not been painted yet :P

Our MBR Chandelier ...

06012009546.jpg

Is that the flyover to KJE ah?

I happened to drive past 'your' high way.. and it does make me wonder.. which unit is urs hehe...

I tink i was the 1 who mentioned it...a colleague's frd is staying ther.. She ask me ur room on 1st or 2nd floor..i was like "huh"..thot EM all rooms in 2nd floor till she told me abt the mei ling st EM..

Its dependable on the level per unit sharing the lift...

Heng.. Mine's a lift landing... :notti:

Is that the flyover to KJE ah?

I happened to drive past 'your' high way.. and it does make me wonder.. which unit is urs hehe...

oh ya that is the flyover to KJE ... :P when you drive past there, look out for purple chandelier ... :P

How's ur reno so far? Pics to share? :P

kekek sorry been busy cos not fully renovated yet.. still some stuff here n there... now preparing for CNY....

anyway my 90% done work:

P1040879.jpg

Edited by Byr

kekek sorry been busy cos not fully renovated yet.. still some stuff here n there... now preparing for CNY....

anyway my 90% done work:

P1040879.jpg

Looks nice !

Btw the living room ceiling, you hide the cable in the ceiling?

Err the wire was hidden by a layer of Partition Board nailed flat on the ceiling.

Err the wire was hidden by a layer of Partition Board nailed flat on the ceiling.

I am still waiting for ur pics for Lvl 2, LLCC

=D

Dun make us wait too long~~

Sorry for long wait, here are the level 2 photos:

My sister's bedroom, knocked down wall to join to level 2 common bathroom, and sqeeze in a very tight space walk-in wardrobe

UpperFloorBedroom.png

UpperFloorBedroompix2.png

UpperFloorBedroompix3.png

UpperFloorBedroompix4.png

Level 2 Common Bathroom Adjoining to my sister's room

UpperFloorCommonBathroom.png

UpperFloorCommonBathroompix2.png

Master Bedroom

MBR.png

MBRpix2.png

Master Bedroom Bathroom

MBRBathroom.png