Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Hi, would any one care to share what other options are there to do at the balcony to prevent rain from coming in? And what would the estimate cost be for the various options?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi, would any one care to share what other options are there to do at the balcony to prevent rain from coming in? And what would the estimate cost be for the various options?

1. roof

2. Roller shutter

3. Retractable awning

4. Bamboo blinds (for those with roof without windows)

Can only think of these few. Cost, not too sure. U can check with the companies that do such stuff directly.

Awning is the most permanent option...

It is also the most expensive one...

However, some owners do not like having a roof at the balcony cos they like the natural light coming in..

It depends on u lor...

=D

Edited by Hiera

Awning is the most permanent option...

It is also the most expensive one...

However, some owners do not like having a roof at the balcony cos they like the natural light coming in..

It depends on u lor...

=D

Yah.. I would love to go without a roof at the balcony, and do a retractable awning. Too bad my sellers did the roof, and it's such a waste to hack it away. :)

U staying in ur new home already? :)

1) Depends on material cost, better ask for quotation. My time was between $9 to $18 psf.

2) 3k to 3.5k

3) Didn't do it cost wanted bigger space. It depends on what u want, compress wood, solid ply, feature wall? cost will be different.

Thanks, will be going for 1st appt in Mar 2009.

Yah.. I would love to go without a roof at the balcony, and do a retractable awning. Too bad my sellers did the roof, and it's such a waste to hack it away. :)

U staying in ur new home already? :)

Move in already.. =D

But renting all my spare rooms out $_$ =D

They didnt mind my dogs as well...

Bring in some income for me to save for my reno lor...

Kinda scary to dink of servicing the loan for a few years =(

Move in already.. =D

i was thinking of the same thing of renting out all my rooms to get cash for couple of years before commencing on a major reno operation for my EM. But just afraid...

1. roof

2. Roller shutter

3. Retractable awning

Can only think of these few. Cost, not too sure. U can check with the companies that do such stuff directly.

Yesterday when I went to my place, I saw a balcony with those greenhouse roof. It's basically open air with a glass roof on pillars. Looks rather shiok. Can consider this as well. Then can use bamboo blinds to prevent rain from coming in. :)

Move in already.. =D

Hee... so shiok! Can enjoy new house already. :) I know u have a little sausage doggie name Greddys (think I didn't spell correctly). How about the other one?

Yah, and reno loan cannot use cpf woh. :( If can, think everyone's house super nice liao. eheheheh

i was thinking of the same thing of renting out all my rooms to get cash for couple of years before commencing on a major reno operation for my EM. But just afraid...

No privacy leh... At least enjoy ur new home for awhile before renting out bah. :P

Greddy the sausaage

Brownie, a 7 month old golden retriever

Junior, 16 year old silky terrier

The golden is only temporary..

=D

Very crowded...

The 2 younger ones, running to n fro

Banging wall.. See them 'zum' brake..

Greddy the sausaage

Brownie, a 7 month old golden retriever

Junior, 16 year old silky terrier

The golden is only temporary..

=D

Very crowded...

The 2 younger ones, running to n fro

Banging wall.. See them 'zum' brake..

!!!!! Can I go ur house and play with the GR? I totally love GRs!!! :wub::wub::wub: So many doggies, ur house very happening. heheh

1. roof

2. Roller shutter

3. Retractable awning

Thanks.

Any one has contacts or website of contractors doing retractable awning to recommend?

!!!!! Can I go ur house and play with the GR? I totally love GRs!!! :wub::wub::wub: So many doggies, ur house very happening. heheh

See when u wanna come up lor... Quite near also...

though not as near as u and chrono lahh...

i can pm u my number..

the GR not mine.. long story..

my neighbour just got the key.. i waiting for her to come in.. she never come in.. =p

Yesterday when I went to my place, I saw a balcony with those greenhouse roof. It's basically open air with a glass roof on pillars. Looks rather shiok. Can consider this as well. Then can use bamboo blinds to prevent rain from coming in. :)

aiyo, what have u been doing? How can u miss the unit with half awning and half open balcony? Go see harder... hee hee

See when u wanna come up lor... Quite near also...

though not as near as u and chrono lahh...

i can pm u my number..

the GR not mine.. long story..

my neighbour just got the key.. i waiting for her to come in.. she never come in.. =p

Hee... U gave me ur num b4 liao. hehehe.. Yay.. I'll msg u to see when u available again bah. Then can also :dribble: at ur house. :P

Har? So now the house next to u is empty ah? Hehe, maybe waiting for quotations & confirming her reno. :P

aiyo, what have u been doing? How can u miss the unit with half awning and half open balcony? Go see harder... hee hee

OH OH! That one that is right at the end of your block arh? I saw! And I find it so very happening! Hehehehe... If hot can sit in the sheltered side. If cooling can sit at the open air side! Very cool... :notti:

OH OH! That one that is right at the end of your block arh? I saw! And I find it so very happening! Hehehehe... If hot can sit in the sheltered side. If cooling can sit at the open air side! Very cool... :notti:

Jackpot. I think it was open balcony before with those WI grills and the awning was added later. Just wondering why the the awning did not extend all the way to the edge, that way part of the WI grill can be removed.