Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

thanks all for photo upload guidance - will try later.

Hi Hiera,

When was the valuation of units at 500k? currently valuation is between 560 to 590k. and i think for larger flats many transactions are below valuation...that's the impression i get from flipping the classified ads. but 4 rm flats all transacting at above valuation... cannot imagine at 500k valuation pp can still ask 20/40/80k COV wah.....

there are only 2 blocks with EMs, 206 and 201 - 201 is super noisy and half of 206 is super noisy also, so i guess the temple facing units are hard to come by. i've been looking out for a higher floor unit but don't have leh, unless i settle for blk 201 which is very very very noisy. my unit faces the fire station... funny the seller said some viewers really DID NOT like the fact that can see the temple from his balcony window haha.

Ave 6 not so bad yet - imagine i used to have to travel from bukit batok - by the time i reach ave 6 it is considered a great achievement liao, at least once you hit the AYE can start to move...haha

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
go to www.photobucket.com sign up a free account an follow de steps.. kinda idiot proof de..

Clementi! those 20X area?

I happen to teach in that area =p

hey..yur a teacher? my wife to be is one too

Ave 6 not so bad yet - imagine i used to have to travel from bukit batok - by the time i reach ave 6 it is considered a great achievement liao, at least once you hit the AYE can start to move...haha

Lucky for me, my office is in Raffles Place (too expensive to drive) so i normally left car at home and took MRT (across the road) to work. :) I dun buy season at office as i travel quite often.

teaching is a great job in terms of stability and pay. quite common that teachers, after 10 yrs of teaching, earn more than their spouses. the increments are stable, and fairly decent too, given that the workload stays about the same - though i must add that the workload is horrible. relief-taught for 6 whole months and lost so much weight!

thanks all for photo upload guidance - will try later.

Hi Hiera,

When was the valuation of units at 500k? currently valuation is between 560 to 590k. and i think for larger flats many transactions are below valuation...that's the impression i get from flipping the classified ads. but 4 rm flats all transacting at above valuation... cannot imagine at 500k valuation pp can still ask 20/40/80k COV wah.....

there are only 2 blocks with EMs, 206 and 201 - 201 is super noisy and half of 206 is super noisy also, so i guess the temple facing units are hard to come by. i've been looking out for a higher floor unit but don't have leh, unless i settle for blk 201 which is very very very noisy. my unit faces the fire station... funny the seller said some viewers really DID NOT like the fact that can see the temple from his balcony window haha.

Oppps! you saw the 500k i posted... wasnt sure about the number and remb i was 5XX de.. tts why deleted the post away ah..

As long as not facing the MRT side.. its good le bahh =D

Edited by Hiera

me too! oh my unit doesn't have aircon in the living room. funny never change flooring or anything like that but still some adjustments to the fittings and furnishings can still cost quite a bit hor...:) oh i bought 5 ceiling fans and all with light kits to solve my light problem. no L box or false ceiling cos the cornices are very ncie and i didn't want to upset them. Also in my previous EC i did L boxes and comapred with a unit without the L boxes, it really does look a lot smaller.

I have 4 fans in my house. Wanna minimise the usage of aircon. :)

I did my L box and false ceiling in my new EM.

Yah...light fittings and furnishing can really cost quite a bit. =\

go to www.photobucket.com sign up a free account an follow de steps.. kinda idiot proof de..

Clementi! those 20X area?

I happen to teach in that area =p

Hi colleague. :) U teach in Bukit Batok area eh :)

Hi colleague. :) U teach in Bukit Batok area eh :)

Hi Colleague.. ^^V

I am teaching in a Pri Sch in Clementi area... though I used to stay in Jurong West Ext...

Hi Colleague.. ^^V

I am teaching in a Pri Sch in Clementi area... though I used to stay in Jurong West Ext...

hahah okies :)

I am now teaching in a sec sch in bukit panjang

L boxes are definitely the best way to solve lighting problems :) energy saving down lights are very cost effective plus more than sufficient lighting for reading and so no need floor lamps. actually the L box alongside window also acts as a very nice curtain pelmut and my present unit only has cornice but no L box - realize that the curtains don't look as nice without the L box haha.

when i was doing my search for EMs, had the feeling, esp in the Toh Yi area, that there are alot of teachers staying at EMs!

i think the 2nd generation EMs with the big service balcony has a very very very good layout - 4 full size rooms with storage area under the stairs - and i have seen people use the balcony as a room for the domestic helper - so it is like 5 rooms. the service balcony can be roofed up very nicely and it is more than enough space for a domestic helper. more rooms more flexible, though the total sq footage is the same. but no choice leh, clementi don't have this layout, unless i shell out 100k more for Toh Yi :)

I have just paid just4this a visit...

And I must say he and his wife are great hosts!

Though I gatecrashed his place =p

when i was doing my search for EMs, had the feeling, esp in the Toh Yi area, that there are alot of teachers staying at EMs!

guilty. me n my wife to be are both teaching. guess teachers love climbing stairs. lol

I have just paid just4this a visit...

And I must say he and his wife are great hosts!

Though I gatecrashed his place =p

You are most welcome. Sorry that it is still in a mess and we cant show u around the whole house as the kids are sleeping in the rooms. Let's meet up again or MJ together!

guilty. me n my wife to be are both teaching. guess teachers love climbing stairs. lol

We love to climb stairs, we love red pens, and, not forgetting, reciting the pledge.. so many pledges to recite...