Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Haha, speaking abt MBR with balconies... My hb & I were wondering why can't HDB build a balcony outside MBR/on top of the balcony downstairs... instead of wasting that space and some owners will have to build a roof. hehehhe... how nice to have a balcony at MBR. :P

I agree, so nice to have a balcony at the MBR..... like Romeo n Juliet looking at the stars!!!!!!!!! Hahahaaa

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I will be glad if they can upgrade EM. If it is going to happen HDB need to be careful on the structure of the building whether it can hold the additional weight as after all most EM have been around for more than 20 years.

Haha, I think this upgrade will be at the back of their mind. :P But it'll be very cool hor? :P

I agree, so nice to have a balcony at the MBR..... like Romeo n Juliet looking at the stars!!!!!!!!! Hahahaaa

Haha, how shiok tat will be man. Imagine having a little cozy area at MBR to have tea/wine with ur partner & feel the breeze. :P I was telling my hb if we have such a balcony, we could do it up with chengai wood and outdoor furnishing. :P *dreaming away... *

Edited by Angel81

Haha, I think this upgrade will be at the back of their mind. :P But it'll be very cool hor? :P

Haha, how shiok tat will be man. Imagine having a little cozy area at MBR to have tea/wine with ur partner & feel the breeze. :P I was telling my hb if we have such a balcony, we could do it up with chengai wood and outdoor furnishing. :P *dreaming away... *

I remember seeing some EM with full height windows at their balcony. If I remember correctly, it's along PIE bet Eunos to Kallang.

Well, with 2 boys at home, definitely need to install grilles. How to achieve that modern and romantic feel with grilles?

Edited by mysweetlittlethings

Hi dsman, how to post picture? then i can show you what happened to my balcony - it doesn't exist any more. my layout is different from yours in that my balcony even the original one doesn't require roofing, it is not the exposed type like the 2nd generation Toh Yi type of EMs - I prefer the square balcony layout though - more rooms in the house though smaller!

Hi chronograph, the granite at my side didn't need polishing. aircon is a new mitsubishi electric one installed in feb. but the grills on the stairs are the original hdb ones!! don't want to hack it so will be painting the grilles as the owner has sanded the wooden handle portion and it kind of matches the parquet. the unit had no kitchen door and that is a major expense for me as i am installing a wooden folding door - the normal swing doow is not an option due to placement of switches in kitchen and i don't want the fridge to get rammed by the door.

hi decruz, flat was 565k. in fact we transacted without knowing the price!! we just agreed to transact at valuation and it took two weeks to obtain the valuation. i like the owner very much - ht was super honest and i spent half a day yesterday listening to him brief me on the house - like the 7 tel points, switches, socket points, and he honestly told me he didn't install enough cable points (though i will probably stick with wireless internet) etc.

i will be painting the whole house white and the rooms orchid white. is that strange? i think white helps to make the house look bigger leh, and i prefer to use drapes and furniture to add colour. but dunno whether it is funny to paint ceiling cornice and walls all white leh....

Hi doodbug,

If I remember correctly, there is this 2nd unit on 2nd level with balcony facing the field - white theme - pretty nice view from the car park.

You may want to take a look when you are there again. :)

thanks all for photo upload guidance - will try later.

Hi Hiera,

When was the valuation of units at 500k? currently valuation is between 560 to 590k. and i think for larger flats many transactions are below valuation...that's the impression i get from flipping the classified ads. but 4 rm flats all transacting at above valuation... cannot imagine at 500k valuation pp can still ask 20/40/80k COV wah.....

there are only 2 blocks with EMs, 206 and 201 - 201 is super noisy and half of 206 is super noisy also, so i guess the temple facing units are hard to come by. i've been looking out for a higher floor unit but don't have leh, unless i settle for blk 201 which is very very very noisy. my unit faces the fire station... funny the seller said some viewers really DID NOT like the fact that can see the temple from his balcony window haha.

Ave 6 not so bad yet - imagine i used to have to travel from bukit batok - by the time i reach ave 6 it is considered a great achievement liao, at least once you hit the AYE can start to move...haha

Recently, there is also an unit at 201 for sale at low floor - owner selling below valuation at 565K . Main door facing not suitable for us, so it left us with only one block - 206 to find that ideal home - south facing.

Heard it can be quite noisy staying near the fire station - siren will be on whenever there is an activation.

I remember seeing some EM with full height windows at their balcony. If I remember correctly, it's along PIE bet Eunos to Kallang.

Well, with 2 boys at home, definitely need to install grilles. How to achieve that modern and romantic feel with grilles?

:dribble: full height windows @ balcony? Sounds very nice. Haha, true, with kids, it's always a must to have grilles. hehehe

Hi mysweetlittlethings,

Welcome to the forum; I'm pretty new myself. There are transactions int he Clementi Ave 6 area though if you are particular about wanting a South facing unit, this means effectively Blk 201 is out (will be too noisy for you since fire station is already a concern for you) and the short section of Blk 206 is also out as it is not South-facing, and it gets main road noise as well. I think every year, 2-3 units from Blk 206 come on the market, if the HDB website is anything to go by, as it shows the trasactions for over the past year. If you do not require a unit urgently, can always wait. But if you do, then the PRC owner's asking price is not at all bad as the units for the facing you want are relatively rare.

Have fun; I enjoyed my house hunting process. I wouldn't have picked Clementi Ave 6 if not because my parents and in laws live in District 5. I much prefer the Toh Yi layout and estate :)

Hi all,

I am new here!

Can't believe that I stayed up to finish reading this thread till 3am. :)

Got really excited when I saw doodbug cos I am really interested in EM at Clementi Ave 6!

I was lucky to be able to view one unit at Blk 206 when I first started house search early this month, mid floor - PRC owner asking 570K +20K.

While I am able to compromise with the pricing, the agent informed that owner has done a re-financing and decided not to sell unless I am willing to pay for the penalty that owner will incurred upon selling - which is about an additional of 7K.

Well, I believe I should not be spending the $$ on a decision of a uncertain seller - thus giving that unit a miss this time.

I guess it's not meant to be mine.

So, I am currently waiting for the next available unit there "patiently". :D

Hi mysweetlittlethings,

Welcome to the forum; I'm pretty new myself. There are transactions int he Clementi Ave 6 area though if you are particular about wanting a South facing unit, this means effectively Blk 201 is out (will be too noisy for you since fire station is already a concern for you) and the short section of Blk 206 is also out as it is not South-facing, and it gets main road noise as well. I think every year, 2-3 units from Blk 206 come on the market, if the HDB website is anything to go by, as it shows the trasactions for over the past year. If you do not require a unit urgently, can always wait. But if you do, then the PRC owner's asking price is not at all bad as the units for the facing you want are relatively rare.

Have fun; I enjoyed my house hunting process. I wouldn't have picked Clementi Ave 6 if not because my parents and in laws live in District 5. I much prefer the Toh Yi layout and estate :)

Hi doodbug,

So happy! There is one unit up for sale today.

Just went to view it - Top floor - Valuation at 590K - owner asking very high cash! 50K!

Valuation at 6th floor only at 570K - 20K difference.

Hope everything "shun shun" in the price negotiation process.

Keep my fingers crossed . . . :D

If not, I will just have to wait. :)

All the best! Let us know!

Hi doodbug,

Just went to view it - Top floor - Valuation at 590K - owner asking very high cash! 50K!

Hi doodbug,

Fingers and toes crossed for u! :D

Fingers and toes crossed for u! :D

Heard from my agent that this top floor unit has been put up for sale since last yr.

Seller's conditions pretty "difficult" to meet.

Apparently, they are unwilling to commit on how much they want now.

1. They have yet to find a place - won't move out until they find one

2. cov highly dependable on the unit they are getting - cos they hv no free cash on hand

3. buyer has to bear the seller' commission too.

Btw, what's the norm when it comes to agent's commission?

First time buyer - greatly appreciated some advice.

Tks in advance!

Heard from my agent that this top floor unit has been put up for sale since last yr.

Seller's conditions pretty "difficult" to meet.

Apparently, they are unwilling to commit on how much they want now.

1. They have yet to find a place - won't move out until they find one

2. cov highly dependable on the unit they are getting - cos they hv no free cash on hand

3. buyer has to bear the seller' commission too.

Btw, what's the norm when it comes to agent's commission?

First time buyer - greatly appreciated some advice.

Tks in advance!

Aiya, forget about this unit. Sound to me seller is testing market.

On 1 and 2 can understand but on 3, that's ridiculous. But of course, willing seller willing buyer, it all depends on how much u like the house.

I will not commit.

On 1 and 2 can understand but on 3, that's ridiculous. But of course, willing seller willing buyer, it all depends on how much u like the house.

I will not commit.

Ya .. my agent has advised us it's not a good deal at all, so can forget about it.

He is currently helping one of his clients in 206 to find a place.

At least there is still hope for me! :P

I will not commit.

Sounds quite out of this world to me....I definitely won't commit but as chronograph said, willing buyer willing seller. Is the condition of the house good?

Actually, if you are noise sensitive, better to get Sunset of Toh Yi than Blk 206, as I realized that the maisonettes facing the temple, those above 4th storey, the bedrooms and dining room will get the MRT track noise as well as it is almost parallel to Commonwealth Ave West. The 2nd flr units are okay as it is blocked by the short side of the block.....

Sounds quite out of this world to me....I definitely won't commit but as chronograph said, willing buyer willing seller. Is the condition of the house good?

Actually, if you are noise sensitive, better to get Sunset of Toh Yi than Blk 206, as I realized that the maisonettes facing the temple, those above 4th storey, the bedrooms and dining room will get the MRT track noise as well as it is almost parallel to Commonwealth Ave West. The 2nd flr units are okay as it is blocked by the short side of the block.....

Though hv given up on the unit - its condition is still ok except for the 2nd floor toilet leakage.

I have not been affected by the condition as we will definitely be doing a complete overhaul. :)