Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

HDB says must refrain your dog from excessive barking but they did not defined excessive barking. How to measure? Tolerance level differ depends on individual.

Well being neighbor, we need to learn how to live with each other in harmony.

Today is Racial Harmony Day.

Oh yes, i have got a mini schnauzer, muffin bark but not the loudest in the neighborhood.

I would say let it be dog owner, cat owner or any other pets owner. We would have to refrain our pets from causing inconvenient to the neighbours such as loud barking in the middle of the nights, constant barking through out the day, or the cat pool every where, bird shxt all over the place, etc. I think as an mature adult, we should be able to gauge on that and exercise control on the pets we own. But then again, pets is not the only things that involve tolerance level. We have neighbours who play music late at night, kids jumping and playing marbles at nights, neighbours who talk at the top of their voice along the corridors. The point here is that regardless it involves pet or not, we have to be considerate toward others and also be tolerance towards others.

Today is Racial Harmony Day? Heheh.. Have a good day ahead all EM owner here! :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Dear All,

I just bought an EM @ Clementi, 23 years old, well-maintained unit. 150 sq m, but it isn't a corner unit. Not doing any renovation work as the recent renovation was done 5 years back and it was well done. Not 100% to my taste, but the condition is too good to redo. Bought at valuation, though price is still high.... moving in Oct.

I'm converting the dining area to a study area with two L-shaped tables - will be using the area outside the kitchen as the dining area.

Thanks for all the tips received on this thread.

Best regards

Good buy at evaluation but ain't cheap, at least 600k. Reno is only 5 years, better keep it or minor touch up will do to your taste. :D

I would say let it be dog owner, cat owner or any other pets owner. We would have to refrain our pets from causing inconvenient to the neighbours such as loud barking in the middle of the nights, constant barking through out the day, or the cat poo every where, bird shxt all over the place, etc. I think as an mature adult, we should be able to gauge on that and exercise control on the pets we own. But then again, pets is not the only things that involve tolerance level. We have neighbours who play music late at night, kids jumping and playing marbles at nights, neighbours who talk at the top of their voice along the corridors. The point here is that regardless it involves pet or not, we have to be considerate toward others and also be tolerance towards others.

Today is Racial Harmony Day? Heheh.. Have a good day ahead all EM owner here! :)

Bro, cool man..... :D no need to post twice :P

Yes confirmed today cos my daughter wearing cheong sum to child care this morning :D

Bro, cool man..... :D no need to post twice :P

Yes confirmed today cos my daughter wearing cheong sum to child care this morning :D

Ops, technical delay posting. Paisay paisay..... :P

Hi Chronograph,

It is a low floor unit (not ground floor) and at Clementi Ave 6, not Sunset, so it is lower than 600k. No complaints as the owner has a super metoculous maid that has upkept the house very well - she puts chairs back in their place when it is slightly out of place etc. Still, am changing the room doors, painting the whole house, changing toilet bowls and some light fittings plus ceiling fans and changing curtains (EM has so many windows and windows are soooo long - total about 15k inclusive of some new furniture pieces. Flooring is granite and parquet, so can't bear to hack as it is in pristine condition - kitchen already has solid countertop (in white). And no more balcony as living room has been extended and levelled with balcony, which is what I prefer. Still, I wish the older EMs had a smaller balcony.

Was eyeing the Toh Yi area - made an offer of 680k for an EM but was rejected! Didn't realize Clementi was so much cheaper. Sunset is more expensive as it is more hip I guess :) But the Clementi EM blocks are solely executive-only flats, and no multi-storey carpark, which is what I prefer.

Hi Chronograph,

It is a low floor unit (not ground floor) and at Clementi Ave 6, not Sunset, so it is lower than 600k. No complaints as the owner has a super metoculous maid that has upkept the house very well - she puts chairs back in their place when it is slightly out of place etc. Still, am changing the room doors, painting the whole house, changing toilet bowls and some light fittings plus ceiling fans and changing curtains (EM has so many windows and windows are soooo long - total about 15k inclusive of some new furniture pieces. Flooring is granite and parquet, so can't bear to hack as it is in pristine condition - kitchen already has solid countertop (in white). And no more balcony as living room has been extended and levelled with balcony, which is what I prefer. Still, I wish the older EMs had a smaller balcony.

Was eyeing the Toh Yi area - made an offer of 680k for an EM but was rejected! Didn't realize Clementi was so much cheaper. Sunset is more expensive as it is more hip I guess :) But the Clementi EM blocks are solely executive-only flats, and no multi-storey carpark, which is what I prefer.

Just curious, how many years repayment for the mortgage loan did you take ?

sub-20 yrs from bank. we sold our previous EC to move closer to our parents and so didn't qualify for hdb loan.

Wow ! That's going to be a painful loan for you and the family.

That's what I was trying to drive at in my other threads to people not to overpay for an HDB flat. Clementi is a good location. But still it is too expensive when you consider that you got to borrow so much to finance it.

Anyway, I wish you good fortune in your new EM and strike Big Sweep so that you don't have to borrow from the bank at all.

Dear All,

I just bought an EM @ Clementi, 23 years old, well-maintained unit. 150 sq m, but it isn't a corner unit. Not doing any renovation work as the recent renovation was done 5 years back and it was well done. Not 100% to my taste, but the condition is too good to redo. Bought at valuation, though price is still high.... moving in Oct.

I'm converting the dining area to a study area with two L-shaped tables - will be using the area outside the kitchen as the dining area.

Thanks for all the tips received on this thread.

Best regards

Congrats! :)

i think as long as you are happy with the reno it is great! :)

How much did u buy the hse?

Hi asoon88,

Agree that housing prices are crazy and through the roooooof now. I believe the existing owner bought the place for 450k in 2002/2003 though he spent a fortune renovating the place. Yes, hubby and I almost fainted when the Toh Yi owner didn't accept our offer :) In fact the EMs @ Toh Yi are now valued at 640k to 660k.

This sounds crazy but it is the first flat we viewed at Clementi Ave 6 as we'd been under the impression that all the EMs at Ave 6 (there are only 2 blocks with EMs) were facing the expressway or main road. Didn't realize that one of the blocks was L shaped and there are units that are not facing the main road/expressway. And strangely, the price is 100k lower than at Sunset (same age) and Toh Yi (4 years newer) and we found it very strange that the newer tiny 5 room flats at Clementi were already going at 500+k. So though we never really considered Clementi seriously, ended up buying the unit on the very day we viewed it.

You're right though, still cannot believe the price of the flat - 500+k for a 23 yr old flat...oh well. 5 rm flats at Dover or Queenstown are costing even more. Guess no choice lah, we don't want to keep renting leh. But EM ah, conservancy plus one car park lot - almost the same costs as my previous EC conservancy charge.

Hi Chronograph,

hey. lucky u. mine is an old em which has a big balcony that the owner did not roof over. now pondering what to do with such a big balcony. u think i shd just cover it up n extend it into the living room as well?

Hi Chronograph,

Same here i kept the marble flooring give it a good polish, kept the parquet varnish it. Overhaul the kitchen, toliets, lightings, curtains, windows&grills, painting, WIB in master room, carpentry work, awning, total cost me 35k, another 10k for furnishing and aircon.

hey. lucky u. mine is an old em which has a big balcony that the owner did not roof over. now pondering what to do with such a big balcony. u think i shd just cover it up n extend it into the living room as well?

my 23 years old em too. Cover it with roof and level with your living room, it will look very big.

Hi dsman, how to post picture? then i can show you what happened to my balcony - it doesn't exist any more. my layout is different from yours in that my balcony even the original one doesn't require roofing, it is not the exposed type like the 2nd generation Toh Yi type of EMs - I prefer the square balcony layout though - more rooms in the house though smaller!

Hi chronograph, the granite at my side didn't need polishing. aircon is a new mitsubishi electric one installed in feb. but the grills on the stairs are the original hdb ones!! don't want to hack it so will be painting the grilles as the owner has sanded the wooden handle portion and it kind of matches the parquet. the unit had no kitchen door and that is a major expense for me as i am installing a wooden folding door - the normal swing doow is not an option due to placement of switches in kitchen and i don't want the fridge to get rammed by the door.

hi decruz, flat was 565k. in fact we transacted without knowing the price!! we just agreed to transact at valuation and it took two weeks to obtain the valuation. i like the owner very much - ht was super honest and i spent half a day yesterday listening to him brief me on the house - like the 7 tel points, switches, socket points, and he honestly told me he didn't install enough cable points (though i will probably stick with wireless internet) etc.

i will be painting the whole house white and the rooms orchid white. is that strange? i think white helps to make the house look bigger leh, and i prefer to use drapes and furniture to add colour. but dunno whether it is funny to paint ceiling cornice and walls all white leh....