Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi ashiesthm

My inital quote was $42K and now clImbing as new decision came up to include

1) Blum system for the kitchen cabinets.

2) frameless balcony glass siding doors

3) added false ceiling works to the common toilets.

4) extended false ceiling and cove lights structures

5) add more water points to the water circuit.

my recommendation is best gauge by apple to apple method as to observe the best ID or contractor offer in the said items by dollar and cents.

However you have to know what you intent to Reno in terms of specs and type.

For example, I am firm with 1.2m x 0.6m homo tiles that has gather all 7 different quote for the same specs which can be quite a surprise.

Best is to visit the Balestier tiles suppliers to see and feel the types of tiles that you wanted and also look out for the said pricing in terms of $ per sq ft. If you to deal to buy directly from the tiles suppliers which you further enjoy a 10% discount......

Current ID which has this designer was very slack and have since ask for a replacement. He talks a lot but no action .....

Looks like every time I has t be at site to get things right until just last Sunday call up the boss and telling him that he should be paying me for his designer job....

The boss replace a female designer just this week and she was very effective as now can see the movement of the Reno process......

Hi ashiesthm

During my scouting for EM, have came across one EM unit that suspected to be involving "ah long" harassment.

The tell tale sign was outside both the unit pillar wall has a faint "OPP$" wordings as was clean up which can hardly notice if you aren't alert.

However Outside this EM unit has about 3 CCTV cameras pointing at different directions.

Discreetly ask the owner on the outside camera installation that he mentioned that nowadays CCTV is cheap and also for his children security purpose.

And the best part of it that his COV was not low and asking for $60K...not necessary has to be a low COV to be problem free.....

There was one EM, full major reno require if you buy this EM as every thing original as off 25 years ago items, the location is also no good as nearest MRT has to take 4 bus stops away and the elderly couple is asking for minimum of $60K.......

Maybe for level of comfort that you could ask around your block if there is any harassment going on previously or lately...... As nowadays neighbors directly or indirectly also affected by AH LONG imitation and harassment actions....

your elderly couple unit in bedok?

Anyone can recommend their contacts for roller shutters? Am thinking to install shutters for the balcony.

If you are willing to share the price/details, will be much appreciated too if not then just the contact would do.

Thanks in advance! :yamseng:

Anyone can recommend their contacts for roller shutters? Am thinking to install shutters for the balcony.

If you are willing to share the price/details, will be much appreciated too if not then just the contact would do.

Thanks in advance! :yamseng:

Got a quote for roller shutters at $3k. Is that a reasonable price for roller shutters? Mine is a gen 2 EM.

Hi Adideam

Maybe would like to share my opinion.

With the quote that you have obtained for $3K that do and apple to apple comparison.

Use the same specs or the specs that you wanted the roller shutters to be and invite other other contractors or suppliers to quote the same materials used, brand and type of motor used. How long is the warranty? Also sales service and the profile of the contractors........ You could have at least 3 to 5 companies for their return quotes.

Since you have $3K pricing now and hope the some others come back to you below 3.

This apple to apple at least allow you to be decisive as the bottom consideration is the figures.....

Hi Adideam

Maybe would like to share my opinion.

With the quote that you have obtained for $3K that do and apple to apple comparison.

Use the same specs or the specs that you wanted the roller shutters to be and invite other other contractors or suppliers to quote the same materials used, brand and type of motor used. How long is the warranty? Also sales service and the profile of the contractors........ You could have at least 3 to 5 companies for their return quotes.

Since you have $3K pricing now and hope the some others come back to you below 3.

This apple to apple at least allow you to be decisive as the bottom consideration is the figures.....

Exactly why I asked for roller shutter contacts in the first place... And mentioned that mine is a gen 2 layout. Really wanted to do a comparison before I sign the dotted line. Help anyone? :dunno:

my gen3 EM roller shutter at the service balcony cost me 2k including the remote.

the size wise is about slightly bigger than half the gen2.

paul aluminum.

Exactly why I asked for roller shutter contacts in the first place... And mentioned that mine is a gen 2 layout. Really wanted to do a comparison before I sign the dotted line. Help anyone? :dunno:

Got a quote for roller shutters at $3k. Is that a reasonable price for roller shutters? Mine is a gen 2 EM.

May I know if roller shutter is legal under HDB rules?

Should be alright as during my search for EM whose types that the balcony is being share by the kitchen and the living room model, that there are some sellers install such motorized shutter.

Normally these owners whose unit are west facing and is blocking the setting sun light install such motorized shutter.

For a level of comfort that is best to check with HDB if approval or if certain professional certification is require as these shutters is not cheap to be install.

I personally not a fan of such shutter installation as mechanical and electrical maintenance is required.

my gen3 EM roller shutter at the service balcony cost me 2k including the remote.

the size wise is about slightly bigger than half the gen2.

paul aluminum.

Thanks!

(Quick check on floorplans later...)

Oh so it's roughly half the width ya? Ok, I guess the expensive part is really the mechanism and not the shutters.

Thanks again!

May I know if roller shutter is legal under HDB rules?

Very easy to check. Just refer to 'Awning':

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10324p.nsf/w/HomeRenoGuidelinesBuilding?OpenDocument

Totally allowed, no permit required. Just drive along PIE and you'll see that hundreds/thousands of EM owners have installed such shutters. I don't think any owner would flout illegal installations so blatantly... :)

Types of Building Work: Installation of retractable canvas awning up to single storey height within balcony of double storey executive maisonette

Need Permit?: No

Subject to the Following Guidelines/ Conditions:

- Awning is to be fixed at the upper floor beam structure (Note: Fixing onto refuse chute wall is not allowed).

- The retractable awning should not protrude beyond the balcony

Types of Building Work: Installation of internal metal roller shutter/blind at window or single storey balcony opening [Note: This is not applicable at balcony where windows installation is not allowed]

Subject to the Following Guidelines/ Conditions: Installation must not be fixed onto refuse chute wall.

Types of Building Work: Installation of roller shutter at double story balcony [Note: This is not applicable for loft unit]

Subject to the Following Guidelines/ Conditions: Installation must not be fixed onto refuse chute wall.

Edited by adidaem