Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Just realise this thread has just hit 100pages. Is it a record in renotalk forum? Or anyone knows of any thread that had gone beyond 100?

Edited by potatoes

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi cleong and potatoes

Thanks for the explanation!

We will only be getting keys in nov and have already met up with my shirt listed contractor today!!!

Just to check does any of you with gen 1 have a system3 air con upstairs and a system 2 air con downstairs? I was just hoping to get a system 4... Can guide me pls?

Upcoming next will be to wait for my first appt w my buyer and then 1st appt w seller....

Thanks for reading my blog Potatoes. :yamseng:

Hi Andrina, congrats on your new place. You can have a look at these posts for some inspirations:

EMs in H&D mag: http://emrenoblog.wordpress.com/2012/03/10/maisonettes-featured-in-homedecor-magazine/

Stairs: http://emrenoblog.wordpress.com/2011/05/01/stairs-love-hate-relationship/

Bookshelves: http://emrenoblog.wordpress.com/2012/06/20/inspirations-bookshelves/

cleong: Checked le... sighz... mine the block power not upgraded yet! seems like I will just place a system 4 there.

Thanks Adidaem for the welcome!!!! :) your hse is so lovely and I am so thankful for the information you have on your blog! (Thanks potatoes again for pointing me there! )

I hope that it is a right choice to buy a gen 1 em since it is quite tight on floorspace. looking at the recent property market and the prices in hougang, I think mine was a fortunate buy haha!

Am patiently waiting for the quotation from 1 contractor to come in and other ids to meet up with us.... hope we can start work soon on renovating!

cleong: Checked le... sighz... mine the block power not upgraded yet! seems like I will just place a system 4 there.

Thanks Adidaem for the welcome!excl.gif! :) your hse is so lovely and I am so thankful for the information you have on your blog! (Thanks potatoes again for pointing me there! )

I hope that it is a right choice to buy a gen 1 em since it is quite tight on floorspace. looking at the recent property market and the prices in hougang, I think mine was a fortunate buy haha!

Am patiently waiting for the quotation from 1 contractor to come in and other ids to meet up with us.... hope we can start work soon on renovating!

Hi Andrina, is ur EM in HG? Congrats in joining the ranks of EM owners......

Btw, Cleong and I are staying in the same block. Our block is about 26 yrs old and electrical power not upgraded. I am using system 4 for my 3 bedrooms and study room in 1st level. I had wanted to add in another compressor to aircon my living room but must get approval coz of this contraint. However, I will attempt to seek approval for a 2nd compressor at a later stage :)

Am looking for a EM west area, I found a EM at jr west valuation at 440k, owner asking cov 48k.. 139sqm.. Broken marble flooring, still deciding whether to sell my existing 4room at bt batok n buy EM?

440k + 48cov for EM is really a bargain. are you sure it's an EM and not a 5AM?

Am looking for a EM west area, I found a EM at jr west valuation at 440k, owner asking cov 48k.. 139sqm.. Broken marble flooring, still deciding whether to sell my existing 4room at bt batok n buy EM?

Valuation seems to be low for EM. U also need to consider the cash portion 48K + agent commission + reno cost (50k?)

Will you keep the broken marble floor? If not its a useless feature... We hated the broken marble flooring and hacked it all away... You can see the before and after here:

http://emrenoblog.wordpress.com/2011/10/26/before-after-living-dining-rooms/

So for my case at least I would rather have ceramic tiles so the valuation is lower. :P

Hi Andrina, is ur EM in HG? Congrats in joining the ranks of EM owners......

Btw, Cleong and I are staying in the same block. Our block is about 26 yrs old and electrical power not upgraded. I am using system 4 for my 3 bedrooms and study room in 1st level. I had wanted to add in another compressor to aircon my living room but must get approval coz of this contraint. However, I will attempt to seek approval for a 2nd compressor at a later stage :)

I a/c-ed my 3 rooms upstairs and my living room with a larger blower. In this hot season it gets used quite a bit. Other times the balcony doors and windows are thrown open for ventilation. Top floor units bear the full brunt of the sun. Did you notice the tap water these few days is hot enough to bathe in?

I have observed several units around the neighbourhood with two compressors though...

Just to check with everyone here, how do you decide on whether to install grilles in your balconies, to install roof or even to do without any grilles?

We don’t have kids or a fear of heights. Guess most people can’t install such windows and install grills for safety or security reasons. :P

Hate grills cos it gives the prison effect.

p1050011.jpg

p1050012.jpg

p1050086.jpg

We did install window grills on the corridor side for security reason.

No roof cos I love the double volume space and want to keep the balcony. We have installed roller shutters tho cos it can get really windy and we get a bit worried about the fan and balcony doors.

I a/c-ed my 3 rooms upstairs and my living room with a larger blower. In this hot season it gets used quite a bit. Other times the balcony doors and windows are thrown open for ventilation. Top floor units bear the full brunt of the sun. Did you notice the tap water these few days is hot enough to bathe in?

I have observed several units around the neighbourhood with two compressors though...

Cleong, i used back the system 4 aircon inverter unit left by the pevious owner due to budget constrain. On warm days, I used the powerful ceiling fan and air cooler for my living room.... At least it helps and Not bad though.

U r right about our neighbours using 2 compressors.... That is why I m tempted to install a 2nd compressor.

No roof cos I love the double volume space and want to keep the balcony. We have installed roller shutters tho cos it can get really windy and we get a bit worried about the fan and balcony doors.

Adidaem, we don't have roof too and simply love the high ceiling:)

Do u have pics on ur new roller shutter for ur balcony? Thx:)

Edited by potatoes