Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hooray just completed my 2nd appointment for my old house. Next will be my first appointment on 19th may for my new house :)

Congrats kchinbeng! Where is ur new place?

My first appointment today :) at 10am

Now u got to wait for 2nd appt.....meanwhile u can start planning for reno. & getting the right contractor. This forum will give u a good insight.

Congrats again kchinbeng :sport-smiley-018:

Now u got to wait for 2nd appt.....meanwhile u can start planning for reno. & getting the right contractor. This forum will give u a good insight.

Congrats again kchinbeng :sport-smiley-018:

Thanks alot. Contractor will be my friend hehe....... Already planned out what to do and tiles, paint etc had already planned.

Now waiting for 3rd july my 2nd appointment :)

Hurray! completed 1st apt for buying today! next week will start my journey for item selection.... 2nd apt est. 4July.

Chrislam, Congrats! It's great to know another EM owner. U've already got ID to reno ur place? It's always good to start planning early. Perhaps, u may want to start ur blog and share with us ur reno journey :)

Can I check I is still possible to get am em at yishun at cov below 30k now.. Feeling kinda desperate as I'm looking high and low for one but those in a market for awhile the price also don't seem to come down..all agents was telling me is an impossible task at yishun :(

Hi spilt84

I confirmed sold my unit some time last August. Meantime was looking around for a resale HDB unit. My friends told me to wait as they are certain the price will come down.

Actually initaly, was looking at 4, 5 room and later consider EA units. My sons later changed my mind to EM as they wanted some thing different.

Whenever there is an EM available that efforts to view was made. They are asking from min 50K to 150K range in COV in Serangoon, Lor. Ah soo and Hougang EM units.

Did not heed the advise of my friends to wait for the price to drop that we secure a EM which was about 5mins to Hougang MRT and Hougang Mall.

The valuation was 570K and COV was 60K. The OTP was in Sep 2011. Did a renovation which cost me approx 55k without include of furnishing.

Sometime this May 2012, there is a unit in my same block but of 4 levels higher now was valued $610K and COV asking is 65K.

I felt astonished to why the valued 610K after noted that almost everything in that EM are in original condition as compared to mine which the previous owner did more as compare to this market unit.

My friend whom was an agent explained that the valuation is based on an average of the past 6 months transaction. There was past 4 units transacted 650k, 610k, 630k and 628K which he was right that the latest valuation was approx 610k.

Though it may seems the COV asking is low but as a whole the pricing now and before had gone up.

EM owners which many have been coax and educate by agents infoing them reasons due to HDB no longer built these types and moreover the newer units are much smaller in floor area.

I faced these reasons during my lookout for EM units.

For your question if is possible to get a EM unit at 30k cov, which I would not comment that is possible or not to find an EM owner asking as most probably you shall have to pay extensive Reno cost or not of a convience location......

All owners had been tuned by agents in asking higher COV given the prime location or MRT or shopping mall or eateries or markets .......

Good luck in your EM search.....

Regards

ExMen

Can I check I is still possible to get am em at yishun at cov below 30k now.. Feeling kinda desperate as I'm looking high and low for one but those in a market for awhile the price also don't seem to come down..all agents was telling me is an impossible task at yishun :(

Drop handwritten leaflets door to door asking for direct deals (no agents) then you might have a chance. Otherwise the agents take a cut and both seller and buyer lose.

I've commented before that the way the valuations are being done are chasing flat prices (not just EMs) in an upward spiral. High prices induce owners to want to sell, instead of putting their flats on the market when they NEED to sell. The agents are happy since they're taking a percentage of commission. But at the end of the day you got to judge for yourself if it is affordable or reasonable to pay heaps of CASH for a given flat.

I've visited one EM on Lor. Chuan that was asking 50k COV and it was inhabited by a bunch of PRC students renting, plus its in original condition. Naturally, I didn't buy it but I'm sure someone did! I subsequently paid a more realistic COV for something in slightly better condition. But as people will invariably do a top to bottom renovation on something this old, cutting the COV you pay is more important than seeing what you get.

Hi spilt84

I confirmed sold my unit some time last August. Meantime was looking around for a resale HDB unit. My friends told me to wait as they are certain the price will come down.

Actually initaly, was looking at 4, 5 room and later consider EA units. My sons later changed my mind to EM as they wanted some thing different.

Whenever there is an EM available that efforts to view was made. They are asking from min 50K to 150K range in COV in Serangoon, Lor. Ah soo and Hougang EM units.

Did not heed the advise of my friends to wait for the price to drop that we secure a EM which was about 5mins to Hougang MRT and Hougang Mall.

The valuation was 570K and COV was 60K. The OTP was in Sep 2011. Did a renovation which cost me approx 55k without include of furnishing.

Sometime this May 2012, there is a unit in my same block but of 4 levels higher now was valued $610K and COV asking is 65K.

I felt astonished to why the valued 610K after noted that almost everything in that EM are in original condition as compared to mine which the previous owner did more as compare to this market unit.

My friend whom was an agent explained that the valuation is based on an average of the past 6 months transaction. There was past 4 units transacted 650k, 610k, 630k and 628K which he was right that the latest valuation was approx 610k.

Though it may seems the COV asking is low but as a whole the pricing now and before had gone up.

EM owners which many have been coax and educate by agents infoing them reasons due to HDB no longer built these types and moreover the newer units are much smaller in floor area.

I faced these reasons during my lookout for EM units.

For your question if is possible to get a EM unit at 30k cov, which I would not comment that is possible or not to find an EM owner asking as most probably you shall have to pay extensive Reno cost or not of a convience location......

All owners had been tuned by agents in asking higher COV given the prime location or MRT or shopping mall or eateries or markets .......

Good luck in your EM search.....

Regards

ExMen

I'm quite desperate to get an em at yishun if by anyway anyone selling them em at cov not more than 30k at yishun can u let me know please

Hi all, confirm my 2nd appt on 18 June!!

Signed up with my contractor. Will be a major makeover!!!

My quote is 69K!! Will upload my quote from my contractor if manage to figure out the upload process

;D

Hi guys, i'm gonna upgrade to an EM soon and i have a couple of questions in mind. Being old flats, do EMs have any problems of hollow floor, thus resulting in noise transcending from the upper household? Does any EM owners here encounter noise problem from above? i'm gonna spend a huge sum of money upgrading and it's prolly the most impt decision i've made till date, and i just wanna make sure the decision is a wise one =)