Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
perthy

Kitchen Kompactop

anybody tried before kompactop for kitchen? My ID recommended this new material for my kitchen. I have tried goggle for the product and is quite impressed by the design offered. Just wondering any one tried before and can share the maintenance issue?

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

anybody tried before kompactop for kitchen? My ID recommended this new material for my kitchen. I have tried goggle for the product and is quite impressed by the design offered. Just wondering any one tried before and can share the maintenance issue?

:rolleyes:

Looks cool to me :rolleyes:

How much your ID charge you??

The ID only gave me this picture and a sample piece to 'abuse'

7062814353_5dec96c2da.jpg

It looks good and is surprisingly waterproof.

However, the ID did not breakdown the price of the kompactop. The quotation includes everything (ie the top, bottom and top cabinet).

The quotation works out to be $3,600.00 for my 10ft kitchen (top and bottom cabinet + kompactop). Price OK? :rolleyes:

How is this different from using laminate? Pics look good, but I'll be more concerned with durability n maintenance. More pics to see:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kompacplus/

6937689924_126c244f81_n.jpg

I dun think it is laminate. From the sample given to me, it is very tough n pretty heavy for a small sample piece.

I share the same concern regarding the maintenance. However, the website has a youtube link showing its stain n heat resistance. Looks ok for a moderate kitchen user like me.

My link

:yamseng:

Is this for the cabinets or the worktop? If latter I'm interested!

But calculation of price pfr shld only be based on worktop area so not sure y urs incl top cabinets?

Hey guys,

I called them liao.

I was quoted from $80 psf.

They usually work with ID, so if you are engaging an ID, the ID will liaise with them and quote you a price.

If you are working with a contractor like me, abit of headache. Need to get your contractor to talk to them, if cannot they will provide their guys to do the work, so prices will be quoted differently.

Is this for the cabinets or the worktop? If latter I'm interested!

But calculation of price pfr shld only be based on worktop area so not sure y urs incl top cabinets?

The panel is for the work top. From my sample, I think it is about 6mm. The panel looks very sleek and comes with a black polished edge. :good:

Hi Ocean, Isit $80 per foot run (how kitchen charges are calculated) or per square foot?

Hi Perthy, so for worktop, the costs should be (worktop length x kompactop cost $pfr) + (cabinets length (incl bottom & top) x cabinet cost $pfr). If you're charged 3.6k for 10 ft top / bottom / island, it's hard to tell how much is the worktop pfr unless we know the cabinet pfr.