Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
AshleyLJR

Direct Contact

Hi,

I am planning to do my own coordination for my new 4Rm, and if anyone has got direct contact (with good and reasonably pricing) for the following services, please PM me:

1. Hacker

2. Tiler

3. Painter

4. Electrician

5. Plumber

6. Ceiling Work (down ceiling and cornices)

7. Carpentry

8. Air-con

9. Wallpapers

10. Metal Gates

11. Wooden Doors, toilet doors

12. Windows

13. Glass and Mirrors

14. Lighting Fixtures

15. Sanitary Fixtures

16. Curtain

17. Marbles/Granite and normal Tiles Supplier

18. Parquet Flooring

19. Floor polishing (parquet, marble)

20. Laminate Flooring

Thanks. :rolleyes:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi, for laminate flooring you might want to get someone fr inovar floor to do it, that's what i did 6moth ago when i went to the singapore expo.

i did up my master bed room with the 8mm range.

Price is good after i compair with others floor company and lots of design to chose fr, for quality.... already 6moth and still look new to me.

Here's the sale person that i sign with.: eason 90627468

Hi,

I am planning to do my own coordination for my new 4Rm, and if anyone has got direct contact (with good and reasonably pricing) for the following services, please PM me:

1. Hacker

2. Tiler

3. Painter

4. Electrician

5. Plumber

7. Carpentry

8. Air-con

9. Wallpapers

10. Metal Gates

12. Windows

13. Glass and Mirrors

14. Lighting Fixtures

15. Sanitary Fixtures

16. Curtain

18. Parquet Flooring

20. Laminate Flooring

Here is direct contact for laminate flooring : 6348 0078 promotion $2.80 psf...so far so good!! :dancingqueen:

Hi,

1. Hacker

2. Tiler

3. Painter

4. Electrician

5. Plumber

7. Carpentry

8. Air-con

9. Wallpapers

10. Metal Gates

12. Windows

13. Glass and Mirrors

14. Lighting Fixtures

15. Sanitary Fixtures

16. Curtain

18. Parquet Flooring

20. Laminate Flooring

can an owner do that? if hdb i thought need a registered or certified renovator to carry out all these work? And they need to apply for permit for many jobs like hacking, tiling, waterproffig etci?

correct me if i am wrong.

Hi,

1. Hacker

2. Tiler

3. Painter

4. Electrician

5. Plumber

7. Carpentry

8. Air-con

9. Wallpapers

10. Metal Gates

12. Windows

13. Glass and Mirrors

14. Lighting Fixtures

15. Sanitary Fixtures

16. Curtain

18. Parquet Flooring

20. Laminate Flooring

Actually wif all the things that you need to do, i would suggest u to get some quotes for ID first, before u engage contractors directly. Becoz sourcing all the contractors need some time, @ least u know wat is the ID price, to renovate ur new house to wat u like and wat u want. Cheers

Hi,

1. Hacker

2. Tiler

3. Painter

4. Electrician

5. Plumber

7. Carpentry

8. Air-con

9. Wallpapers

10. Metal Gates

12. Windows

13. Glass and Mirrors

14. Lighting Fixtures

15. Sanitary Fixtures

16. Curtain

18. Parquet Flooring

20. Laminate Flooring

$50 per contact very exp. just go to the classified. they are probably all there.

with the exception of curtains, lighting fixtures, taps and sanitary ware. I suggest you get some quotes from ID, if you pressed them hard enough if you know how, you could get the job done cheaper than you were to do it yourself and save yourself the headache, the leave you have to take to supervise the work, open the doors, wastage of materials, etc. The prices that contractor that will charge you will not be at the prices they gave to IDs, it is alway higher. you also pay for any extras modifications along the way if you make a mistake as some contractors may not tell you everything unless you are very experience. from your lack of contacts tells me that you are a novice. so dont try. every trade got its secrets!

$50 per contact very exp. just go to the classified. they are probably all there.

with the exception of curtains, lighting fixtures, taps and sanitary ware. I suggest you get some quotes from ID, if you pressed them hard enough if you know how, you could get the job done cheaper than you were to do it yourself and save yourself the headache, the leave you have to take to supervise the work, open the doors, wastage of materials, etc. The prices that contractor that will charge you will not be at the prices they gave to IDs, it is alway higher. you also pay for any extras modifications along the way if you make a mistake as some contractors may not tell you everything unless you are very experience. from your lack of contacts tells me that you are a novice. so dont try. every trade got its secrets!

Classified, a big no no. Depends a lot on your luck i can tell u. My auntie went there and look for plumbing services, to fix a leak in the sink, end up the uncle dunno this, dunno that. She got so fed up, chase tat uncle away. still pay him $20 for transport. Haizz...

Classified, a big no no. Depends a lot on your luck i can tell u. My auntie went there and look for plumbing services, to fix a leak in the sink, end up the uncle dunno this, dunno that. She got so fed up, chase tat uncle away. still pay him $20 for transport. Haizz...

Sorry your are right for some classifieds. i forgot my own experience, i also got hit before by an uncle who quote me very expensive for a plumbing choke and i did not want to do it. He refused to leave my house until i paid him $50. i got to call the police to get him out.

got my from my kitchen renovated from direct factory.

can call 90699052, forgotten the sales person name.

they supply to contractors for carpentry and kitchen top.

Hi,

1. Hacker

2. Tiler

3. Painter

4. Electrician

5. Plumber

7. Carpentry

8. Air-con

9. Wallpapers

10. Metal Gates

12. Windows

13. Glass and Mirrors

14. Lighting Fixtures

15. Sanitary Fixtures

16. Curtain

18. Parquet Flooring

20. Laminate Flooring

Hi,

I have some option for you, all are direct supplier, of cos mine included.

1)wallpaper and curtain, www.bellagiocurtain.com

2)marble/granite/solid surface/quartz/marble floor polishing, www.the78degrees.com

3)tiles supplier, www.galleryt.com.sg

4)aircon, tripe air-conditioning, mr tien Hp: 9116 2270

5)carpentry, delight furniture, wah zai hp: 98528763

Thanks

Edited by 78Degrees

Seems like it's quite hard to get decent contacts to do hacking and tiling as so far, no one had posted any.

I'm also exploring going through the same route as you to project manage this myself.

I've engaged a laminate flooring contractor but work have not started yet. If you are keen to explore, just PM me and I'll share the contact with you.

I'm looking for HDB Licenced Contractor to do hacking walls, tiling and wet works such as building concrete slab for the kitchen sink, hob, concrete base for the carpentry, washing machine, fridge and concrete kerbs for the shower areas.

Let me know if you have found any contractor willing to take up such projects.

Anyway, thanks for all the advices. I done up my current house kitchen, and is doing the rest of the place by stages cos I dropped the idea of getting the 4rm resale.... too small and feng shui not suitable...

Did a lot of research and concluded that find my own direct contractor is too complicated to handle, and lots of uncertainty cos if got problem don't know who to find for follow up. Tried initially for my powder room but failed cos very bad workmanship, and never return call after collecting money. So sad.

I engaged an ID recommended by my cousin, and only talk to one person. Better and never regret for doing that. Now doing my study room, next, bedroom 2, then ... ... will post updates when done. Cheers

Anyway, thanks for all the advices. I done up my current house kitchen, and is doing the rest of the place by stages cos I dropped the idea of getting the 4rm resale.... too small and feng shui not suitable...

Did a lot of research and concluded that find my own direct contractor is too complicated to handle, and lots of uncertainty cos if got problem don't know who to find for follow up. Tried initially for my powder room but failed cos very bad workmanship, and never return call after collecting money. So sad.

I engaged an ID recommended by my cousin, and only talk to one person. Better and never regret for doing that. Now doing my study room, next, bedroom 2, then ... ... will post updates when done. Cheers

What do you mean by ur own direct contractor is too complicated to handle?

like mrheng mentioned, there're restrictions to hacking and tiling works (full height windows too) and a permit from HDB is required. the sub-con you engage should be able apply for you... unless you get the dunno who/where unlicensed sub-cons ba.

engaging oneself as "main-contractor" (aka DIY) to renovate one's own house is feasible only when you have the time to coordinate and monitor the works done by the various sub-cons, apart from the know what, where, who, when, how, etc.

i did a partial DIY cos couldn't commit the time yet want to keep the budget down. the ID and myself worked out a mutually agreed scheme:

(a) i provided the design (internet has lots of ideas/samples), including first cut drawings; ID gave some recommendations along the way. there're many free/paid 3D interior design software available but i decided to invest in US$49.95 for the "Live Interior 3D Standard Edition" (good enough for a DIY project).

http://www.belightsoft.com/products/liveinterior/stdedition.php

(b) sourced and negotiated with my own contacts such as:

... system 4 aircon

... kitchen bottom cabinet worktop (finally settled for Caesarstone classico quartz)

... lightings

... kitchen & toilet fittings/accessories

... windows

... plastering, painting & wall papers

i find the sub-con, they coordinate with my ID. even when i didn't engage/buy from them eventually, their prices are useful as benchmarks for negotiation.

here's the tricky issue. having slashed the ID's profitability, i'm also worried about whether the renovations would be done properly or if cheapo stuffs would be used instead. apart from being specific (e.g. i specified to use Legrand switches/sockets, ), i decided to cut some slack and accept the ID's quotes for items/jobs as long as they are reasonable (around there kind of thingy). give some and take some lah... pp open door do business sure must earn something one ^_^

just sharing what i went through... quite tiring but learnt lots from the exercise :P