Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
denimart

Pokey In The City

Well, take a break. Heres something that we bought over the weekend.

Samsung LED Smart TV series 6700 40" for our MBR. Couldn't afford a brand new set, so bought a display set at a steal from the PC show. According to the sales person whom is also my old friend, this display set only open for 4 days during the show only so we faster grab.

DSCF2375.jpg

DSCF2378.jpg

Got this retro TV as a toy for my own room, i called it the "lil boys room". Saw the other forumner bought one and I've since craving on it. V happy to own one now :sport-smiley-018:

lg-serie-1-retro-classic-tv-02.jpg

DSCF2371.jpg

DSCF2372join.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Captain Kirk, you better get your contractor to extend your renovation permit. I fear that ang mo will come disturb you again. You still a long way from completion.

taichipanda - could u help me out on the quartz surface?

which brand of quartz surface is better?

What color are you looking for?

Edited by taichipanda

whiteeeeeee.. so i am really looking for something that wont stain or turn colour easily.

SilesStone Zeus Extreme is voted most white but problem is they keep running out of stock for 20mm, and they dont offer any discount if you take their 12mm, if you want it thin, then no problem.

Next best is CaesarStone 1141 Fresh White (i'm using 2141 Fresh White, very hard to tell the diff, only very close up then can tell), they have them in 30mm, 20mm & 12mm. Thicker more expensive (i'm using 20mm). NOTE: If your cabinet length is 10 ft continuous, the quartz top will come in 2 pieces (cos lift cannot fit in), they will be join using resin epoxy but there will be a fine line on the surface.

P.S. - Go for CaesarStone, no regret at all. Almost zero maintenance.

Edited by taichipanda

SilesStone Zeus Extreme is voted most white but problem is they keep running out of stock for 20mm, and they dont offer any discount if you take their 12mm, if you want it thin, then no problem.

Next best is CaesarStone 1141 Fresh White (i'm using 2141 Fresh White, very hard to tell the diff, only very close up then can tell), they have them in 30mm, 20mm & 12mm. Thicker more expensive (i'm using 20mm). NOTE: If your cabinet length is 10 ft continuous, the quartz top will be cut into 2 parts (cos lift cannot fit in), they will be join using resin epoxy but there will be a fine line on the surface.

what you think of iquartz? i heard abt this and there are ppl asking. i read that they use 93% quartz though.....

what you think of iquartz? i heard abt this and there are ppl asking. i read that they use 93% quartz though.....

From their website, seem like iquartz only come in 15mm. I think they have similar production process.

I rather go for brand (CaesarStone, SilesStone) i trust.

Next best is CaesarStone 1141 Fresh White (i'm using 2141 Fresh White, very hard to tell the diff, only very close up then can tell), they have them in 30mm, 20mm & 12mm. Thicker more expensive (i'm using 20mm). NOTE: If your cabinet length is 10 ft continuous, the quartz top will come in 2 pieces (cos lift cannot fit in), they will be join using resin epoxy but there will be a fine line on the surface.

actually i am not very particular on how white white it will be?? more concern about long term maintenance, scratch and heat resistance of it.

uh-oh. will there be problems with the gap as i think my counter top might be slightly more than 10ft on a side..?

Silestone seems very very (VERY) out of my budget because its from Spain (or somewhere in EU)...

on the other hand, Caesarstone seems much more within my budget (even thou abit crazy still~)..

my contractor also introduced samsung radianz quartz.. which i am not too sure about on quality.. =/

my concern was/is.. paying for the quartz at a high price and end up having something similar to normal acrylic surface. XD

actually i am not very particular on how white white it will be?? more concern about long term maintenance, scratch and heat resistance of it.

uh-oh. will there be problems with the gap as i think my counter top might be slightly more than 10ft on a side..?

Silestone seems very very (VERY) out of my budget because its from Spain (or somewhere in EU)...

on the other hand, Caesarstone seems much more within my budget (even thou abit crazy still~)..

my contractor also introduced samsung radianz quartz.. which i am not too sure about on quality.. =/

my concern was/is.. paying for the quartz at a high price and end up having something similar to normal acrylic surface. XD

SilesStone and CaesarStone almost same price. I paid for my CaesarStone 16 ft for $4,000. You can try ask your ID to quote you.

If you want to see the real thing, can arrange to drop by my house or visit those imported kitchen cabinet showrooms in Park Mall.

Close up of the raw solid oak top

74677442.jpg

Hi taichipanda,

Is the solid oak top from IKEA? The last time I went there they mentioned no longer stock the longer oak top, only the shorter one. Which outlet did you order from?

Hi taichipanda,

Is the solid oak top from IKEA? The last time I went there they mentioned no longer stock the longer oak top, only the shorter one. Which outlet did you order from?

Tampines... the size is 182cm X 62cm, should be medium length. Stock came in on 22 May 2012 for 77 pieces.

SilesStone and CaesarStone almost same price. I paid for my CaesarStone 16 ft for $4,000. You can try ask your ID to quote you.

If you want to see the real thing, can arrange to drop by my house or visit those imported kitchen cabinet showrooms in Park Mall.

Ok. I shall ask me to quote me. He gave me rough quotes just now. Already I wanna heart attack!

Ok. I shall ask me to quote me. He gave me rough quotes just now. Already I wanna heart attack!

scratch resistance

heat resistance

stain resistance

chip resistance

If you going for quartz top, then your kitchen cabinet better do high quality PU spray, solid core laminates or thick laminates with polyester internal, good branded soft closing hinges, drawer and lift-up systems.