Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dapliew

Our New Home

Thanks ongcs and dragonnite. Does dragonnite method requires more configuration? I scared I duno how to config! I'm using mac, so have to check if the router or GE switch can work on mac OS?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thanks ongcs and dragonnite. Does dragonnite method requires more configuration? I scared I duno how to config! I'm using mac, so have to check if the router or GE switch can work on mac OS?

What I had took out from Dragonnite's route is GE switch. Save $$ only. Avoid this process (config to another fixed IP, same SSID as wireless router 1, different channel, different range of IP addresses from wireless router 1) as mentioned by Dragonnite for Router 2.

If you had went through my T-Blog, only Mac ecosystem in my environment :sport-smiley-004: Nowadays, router/switch works for both operating systems. :thumbs up:

Edited by ongcs

It should read as pre-out, not zone. Zone are like zoning where you can add in additional speakers and you can pipe music specifically to that Zone.

like this means no preout right if the specification states?

Analog Pre-Outs Sub

like this means no preout right if the specification states?

Analog Pre-Outs Sub

No, for connecting Subwoofer only. Which brand & model you looking at? :notti:

AVR or Pre-amp? For you, pre-amp will do mah. :thumbs up:

Edited by ongcs

No, for connecting Subwoofer only. Which brand & model you looking at? :notti:

AVR or Pre-amp? For you, pre-amp will do mah. :thumbs up:

i thought i need AVR to process the sound mah ? LR no need. AVR most models have all 5 ch pre out or normally only LR has pre out ?

i thought i need AVR to process the sound mah ? LR no need. AVR most models have all 5 ch pre out or normally only LR has pre out ?

if you want to utilise your power amp, since your LR are connected to power amp. You should look at pre-source, will have pre-out. Make sure the pre-source supports DTS HD/Dolby HD, also Hdmi connection will do the trick. Take a look at Emotiva. The issue is your pre source in audio, got HT-bypass function?

Not all AVR equipped with pre-out. Must have some in low range for budget buyers.

I think you need to spend more time at XP bro...

Best to check out the options before you buy.

Not everyone needs a power amp, especially in the small places we live in, and I suggest you read up about stereo amps with HT bypass, pre-outs etc. All info available at xtremeplace.com...

yes, 2nd that on Dragoonite's comment. That is the simplest way to go about it. Or considers my suggestion, if you find router 1's placement **** room Lan point ugly. You may need to open your ST's door for WIFI signal to be good.

Ong, does it help if the door is changed to glass instead? Better than having opaque doors?

Heh I'm asking for my living room cabinet where I'm going to house the modem and maybe the router.

But having read what you and dragonnite said about it's better to have the router wall mounted as high as possible, I'm toying with the idea of mounting it on the divider/partition beside my study table.

Here's my floor plan again :D

IMG-20130205-WA0054.jpg

So I'm thinking of mounting it here....

IMG-20130315-WA0041a.jpg

This way I don't need to have a glass door (if that helps in improving wifi signals) out of nowhere on the cabinet... And I can get stronger wifi signals. :thumbs up:

Just concerned if it will be unsightly to mount a router like that. Looks like what most hotels are doing nowadays.... :D

What I had took out from Dragonnite's route is GE switch. Save $$ only. Avoid this process (config to another fixed IP, same SSID as wireless router 1, different channel, different range of IP addresses from wireless router 1) as mentioned by Dragonnite for Router 2.

If you had went through my T-Blog, only Mac ecosystem in my environment :sport-smiley-004: Nowadays, router/switch works for both operating systems. :thumbs up:

you can use ong's method provided signal strength is strong enuf for u in the living and dining...hard to tell until you test it out...ong can cos his is unobstructed and dun hv that long corridor you have...

Wah you climbed so high to take picture ah! hahaha.

There's a cable labelled "Cat6 (out) to NAS", where do you place your NAS? :unsure:

:sport-smiley-004: i only climbed stool...if i need to rearrange the stuff, gotta use the ladder...:D

NAS placed 2 shelves below - still thinking about whether i really want to put it there or leave it in the study and take out to here when i need to download stuff... :sport-smiley-018: that big power supply is really a bit of an eyesore... :bangwall:

regarding your placement, that's probably the best spot cos you don't have that many walls but your power point for the device u better think properly where...one other spot is next to that door to your bedroom but bear in mind best to also consider where your NAS is going to be as it needs to be wired to your router...

dunno about the glass door :dunno: but in general, as little blockage as possible...

Ong, does it help if the door is changed to glass instead? Better than having opaque doors?

Heh I'm asking for my living room cabinet where I'm going to house the modem and maybe the router.

But having read what you and dragonnite said about it's better to have the router wall mounted as high as possible, I'm toying with the idea of mounting it on the divider/partition beside my study table.

IMG-20130205-WA0054.jpg

This way I don't need to have a glass door (if that helps in improving wifi signals) out of nowhere on the cabinet... And I can get stronger wifi signals. :thumbs up:

Just concerned if it will be unsightly to mount a router like that. Looks like what most hotels are doing nowadays.... :D

Dont worry about location of your router. Your house is too small to lose any signal. :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

you can use ong's method provided signal strength is strong enuf for u in the living and dining...hard to tell until you test it out...ong can cos his is unobstructed and dun hv that long corridor you have...

:sport-smiley-004: i only climbed stool...if i need to rearrange the stuff, gotta use the ladder...:D

NAS placed 2 shelves below - still thinking about whether i really want to put it there or leave it in the study and take out to here when i need to download stuff... :sport-smiley-018: that big power supply is really a bit of an eyesore... :bangwall:

regarding your placement, that's probably the best spot cos you don't have that many walls but your power point for the device u better think properly where...one other spot is next to that door to your bedroom but bear in mind best to also consider where your NAS is going to be as it needs to be wired to your router...

dunno about the glass door :dunno: but in general, as little blockage as possible...

Oh ya I forgot totally about the power point!!!! :bangwall::bangwall:

Ya if I remember correctly, your NAS was in your study when we went over.

So wondering how you connect to the router :sport-smiley-018:

Edited by beejeebee

Dont worry about location of your router. Your house is too small to lose any signal. :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Wahahahahahahaha :rofl:

Good point Kim! :thumbs up:

Now I feel so much better... Or not... 8|

Wahahahahahahaha :rofl:

Good point Kim! :thumbs up:

Now I feel so much better... Or not... 8|

I just put my Asus router on the floor in my study room and I can even get signal when I'm waiting for my lift. :bleah: :bleah:

If u scare, u get the 3 big antennas Asus router than Ong talk about. I believe u can even get signal when u are downstairs... :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

IMG-20130315-WA0041a.jpg

That location is fine, better than placing it in cabinet as mentioned by you previously.

Router near glass door, not good.

lol

I just put my Asus router on the floor in my study room and I can even get signal when I'm waiting for my lift. :bleah: :bleah:

If u scare, u get the 3 big antennas Asus router than Ong talk about. I believe u can even get signal when u are downstairs... :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Not for my case, so many blockages at my area, at lift area, 1 bar left. Edited by ongcs